Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of people are working tonight.

We had a great win tonight. I thought CPJ dialed up some excellent plays to catch them over-pursuing. With that being said, I still think he should be gone at the end of the season. But it doesn't matter what I think. At the end of the day, if he can win at least one more game, he will finish with a winning record and he will be back. And he will deserve to be back. End of story.

But I would caution asking the anti-CPJ crowd like myself to eat too much crow. We have made hay by beating five teams that are either really bad (Louisville, Bowling Green, UNC), or they are reeling (VT, Miami). The one decent team we played in that stretch (Duke) we lost.

Now if CPJ waxes UVA next week he will have a signature victory over a good team. That is something we don't have right now. And it would give this team real confidence going to Athens and ultimately our bowl game.

I am not trying to pick a fight - but you seem to really be calling out the anti-CPJ guys that aren't posting after the win. It might be they went to the game and haven't made it home. Just because you don't like the coach (like me) doesn't mean you still don't love the team. And I can promise you that almost everyone on this board loves the Jackets - not matter where they stand on CPJ. I want CPJ gone, but I could never pull against my team so that he would be fired.

Finally - I would point out that there are a few folks on the pro-CPJ side that have taken a hiatus from posting after some of the bad losses. You aren't one of those folks. You have always come on after bad losses to defend him, and I appreciate that about you - even if we disagree about the future of the program!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
20181110_221359.jpg
20181110_221359.jpg
Just got out of hot shower at hotel after freezing my but off at bds.
This is first team win this year.
If u weren't their u missed a defense that found its identity and an offense that refused to give up. We went to war and won. The lb s for Miami will be in bfl next year.

After the game the players- no the The kids were running around . The dl guys all sent to center of field and did a reverse somersault.
Yea we could move the ball at times.
Yea 51 missed a tackle that would have sealed the game.
Guess what - they have good players that make plus too.

Coach dug deep and whipped out some plays. Our NFL punter and 75 were all world.
We went to war and won.
My call of 7-5 with some goof up losses, some beat down wins, some guy wrenching wins looks doable.

Coach and option roll into 19 .

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
@91Wreck The Team plays its heart out every game. The ball-less wonders who arm chair QB and have nothing to offer other than “I’m a high standard MF” can go piss up a rope. Your 4 & 5* heroes just got beat by a bunch of 1-3* nerds with a coach that that by their account completely sucks balls.

Our players always play hard every game. But they aren't coached well every game and they haven't been prepared well every game. You have to see that. And therein lies the argument about CPJ and whether or not he should stay.

We are rightfully celebrating a win against a team we are 3-8 against in the CPJ era. A team that is loaded with future NFL players. But those 4 and 5 star players haven't played well all year. It isn't like they have been world beaters and we stopped their win streak. They have zero quality wins.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Our players always play hard every game. But they aren't coached well every game and they haven't been prepared well every game. You have to see that. And therein lies the argument about CPJ and whether or not he should stay.

We are rightfully celebrating a win against a team we are 3-8 against in the CPJ era. A team that is loaded with future NFL players. But those 4 and 5 star players haven't played well all year. It isn't like they have been world beaters and we stopped their win streak. They have zero quality wins.
hi

This was always going to be a tough game for us. Their defense is legit. They have great skill players on offense. I was very worried our defense would yet again make them look like a top 10 team. But our defense is starting to come around. This was a team win and I think it is our best win of the season so far.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Paul will be coaching GT until at least December 2020:cigar:
That may be the case, In the interim, maybe we can not be working on weekends when we win, I’m aware that this game doesn't really count because U sucks balls, but am standing by in the event we don't beat the mutt because the haters will descend upon this board and will castigate anyone that makes a mistake. As far as I’m concerned they can go piss up a rope and I’m not waiting until after the fact to declare it.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That may be the case, In the interim, maybe we can not be working on weekends when we win, I’m aware that this game doesn't really count because U sucks balls, but am standing by in the event we don't beat the mutt because the haters will descend upon this board and will castigate anyone that makes a mistake. As far as I’m concerned they can go piss up a rope and I’m not waiting until after the fact to declare it.
I agree(y)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We're 6-4 with no chance of winning a dirt easy division thumping our chests because we are bowl eligible by beating teams with a combined record of 14-34 (FBS). As far as I'm concerned I'll piss on the rope and you can use it as a pillow.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
If we beat UVA, I see a 0% chance that Johnson is fired this winter. If we lose both UVA and UGA and also lose the bowl game and finish 6-7, I could see it as a possibility... but I think he's done a great job righting the ship and winning some key games. I'd love to have the Pitt game back, more than any of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.