Patrick Skov to visit Tomorrow per KQ on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's Skov with an entertaining tackle -- didn't wrap up, but certainly made an impression -- on a fake punt back in 2013:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So, what do we know about the guy? Just based on stats, it appears he had 14 total rushing attempts in three years for Stanford, for a total of 25 yards (long of 4). He also had 4 receptions for 25 yards.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/516371/patrick-skov

This.

I think we need to keep our expectations in check. Like I said in the other thread (which has been nuked?) that the guy has less than 20 collegiate carries, and coming out of high school his senior year he only had 93 carries. That's not a lot of experience as a RB the last 5 years.

Now he will be put in a position that demands a heavy physical load, in system completely opposite of the "pro" system he ran at Stanford. It will be interesting to see how he develops with only a Fall camp to get acclimated to not only a new system, but new teammates and a new school.

Physically, he definitely looks the part of a BB though.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Funny, because I got a message at 1:15 from the the same guy who posted the Skov visiting story...it said

"your dumb site might mess the whole Skov thing up. good job"

I then talked to one of the coaches on our staff and I then decided to pull the thread we had off of here until at least Skov was in town...because I was told from a coach "We aren't making anything official or public. The kid does not want anyone to know or anything public or he will not come visit"

So I decided to remove the thread instead of risking anything.

Then a hour later I see this story posted...I again talked to my friend on the staff was told "Crazy. Kid is nowhere near decided anything and had not gotten in graduate school here yet and may not get accepted. Crazy"

So to recap...This is NOT a done deal yet.
Kelly says that and then goes on twitter and "breaks" the news himself??? Wtf???

Btw, if you had simply stated from the getgo the kid doesn't want anything made public (iow, keep it to yourselves insiders), it would have kept all that mess from happening, imo.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Funny, because I got a message at 1:15 from the the same guy who posted the Skov visiting story...it said

I then talked to one of the coaches on our staff and I then decided to pull the thread we had off of here until at least Skov was in town...because I was told from a coach "We aren't making anything official or public. The kid does not want anyone to know or anything public or he will not come visit"

Then a hour later I see this story posted...I again talked to my friend on the staff was told "Crazy. Kid is nowhere near decided anything and had not gotten in graduate school here yet and may not get accepted. Crazy"

Didn't KQ start this whole thing weeks ago with a tweet? I mean, GT fans aren't going to do some digging? We live in the internet age where NOTHING is a secret if someone looks hard enough...GTSwarm just has thousands of people looking.

On top of that, CPJ also mentioned it to reporters.

Basically, if people want to keep something a secret...DON"T SAY ANYTHING IN PUBLIC OR ON THE INTERNET!

thwgjacket

Kelly says that and then goes on twitter and "breaks" the news himself??? Wtf???

Btw, if you had simply stated from the getgo the kid doesn't want anything made public (iow, keep it to yourselves insiders), it would have kept all that mess from happening, imo.
@Eric did say that and we kept it quiet...I think, I didn't see the last few posts on the thread that Eric deleted.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Just from watching this video about him, I think he would fit right in with our program:

If he ends up coming here, I think he would be a big addition at that position of need. He'll bring the physicality and tough yardage mentality that will definitely serve well in many situations. I really hope this comes through.

RocketJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

That's ridiculous. The staff of this site didn't do anything to cause us to figure it out. If it weren't for the players telling us the school we'd still be talking about Braxton Miller....

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer

I'm sorry if all of our guessing put you in a bad spot Eric. Hopefully he can get accepted and decides to join us. If not, I think we'll be alright with the guys we have, or maybe we'll try to bring someone else in.

Reactions: RLR

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think the CPJ mentioned a RB transfer, crumbs were scattered on this site so we could figure it out without him implicating himself in naming the player. What CPJ ultimately wanted was GTSwarm approval of the transfer first.

:)

techfan4

Georgia Tech Fan

If this is true, KQ is even worse than originally thought. His "breaking" of Gregory being gone is one thing.. but it's sounding like GT should cut any and all ties with this guy and tell the recruits to not talk to him. Not sure how he can justify your site as "dumb" when it's engaged in the exact same thing as his own.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
...and let us not forget, we don't have to look far for a Josh Clemmons type, should Pat. Skov stay put.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Alright lets move on to the next thing to obsess over.

What will our uniforms look like? Will Skov be ok switching from a Nike uniform to a Russel one or will he be so ashamed he'd hide from public?

Status
Not open for further replies.