Pastner Wardrobe Watch

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know who this guy is? Is he actually Pastners brother? He seems to be at practices and every game and a HUGE JP fan.

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone know who this guy is? Is he actually Pastners brother? He seems to be at practices and every game and a HUGE JP fan.

Yeah he's best friends with Pastner. There's a few articles on him during his time at Memphis. He and I talk a decent amount and he also comes over and says hello to me during halftime. Definitely a nice guy. Unfortunately he's leaving to go back to Arizona soon
http://archive.commercialappeal.com...2b58e2e7-dd45-1749-e053-010000-368257341.html

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Okay, winner 1 is ... Ben Lammers! where is he?? Is he still here?

Winner 2 is .... Josh Okogie! glad you stayed the whole game

Winner 3 is ... George P. Burdell!! George are you still here? George? ... what? ... dang it!

Winner 3 is ... Tadric Jackson!! .... no, that's not right, he didn't stay the whole game ...

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I think it's awesome that he is trying so hard. Boy I hope the students show up, have a good time, and don't need to be bribed next time.
I realize not everyone will be transformed over night but it's a circle. We don't become a winning program without fan support and we don't get fans without winning. Hopefully the fans can step up and do their part to break he cycle we are in.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh boy, have the lame local sports talking heads gotta a hold on this yet? I'm sure they will have something positive to say like they always do with Georgia Tech.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh boy, have the lame local sports talking heads gotta a hold on this yet? I'm sure they will have something positive to say like they always do with Georgia Tech.
I think he is building a positive relationship on that front. I generally share your sentiment but could see it being different in this case.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
How can people not like this guy? He has a positive personality, fun offense, good recruiter, and he is even going out of his way to put people in the seats. I was a little down on the hire at first, but the more I see from him the more I like.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. I'm still standing here like Switzerland but.......I'm thinking about jumping in.

I've been hurt before though....

I'm treading water this year. I'm not the expert others are, but our current commits don't move me much beyond my excitement for Jorgy and Jackson.

I really like what we see on the court, switching Ds and aggressive O. Yet, I keep in the back of my mind that opposition coaches don't have a lot of tape on our coaching staff yet. I wonder if we may still be an unknown.

So, I think we need to get some big hits in recruiting before we'll know long term prospects.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm treading water this year. I'm not the expert others are, but our current commits don't move me much beyond my excitement for Jorgy and Jackson.

I really like what we see on the court, switching Ds and aggressive O. Yet, I keep in the back of my mind that opposition coaches don't have a lot of tape on our coaching staff yet. I wonder if we may still be an unknown.

So, I think we need to get some big hits in recruiting before we'll know long term prospects.
You're not a fan unless you make yourself vulnerable. Yes there is the real chance to be hurt but what would be great would be the chance to be in early on something special.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You're not a fan unless you make yourself vulnerable. Yes there is the real chance to be hurt but what would be great would be the chance to be in early on something special.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all in for GT regardless. I'm treading water on my assessment of CPast.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't get me wrong. I'm all in for GT regardless. I'm treading water on my assessment of CPast.
Energy for the coach = energy for the program/school. I think you are saying you have it covered. Not sure if others are there.
I don't know crap but I sure as hell am hopeful and there every game reasonably possible. For the most part I have had fun at the games and would have more fun if more people were there. I might be a fool but willing to take my chances.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I mean I think everyone on this board is hopefu

Hopeful Pastner lands recruits
Hopeful DLab has the ATL connections
Hopeful Reveno is indeed the big man whisperer
Hopeful Pastner has learned through experience and is trying to adapt.

We have the hopefulness and support covered.
Buying in and going to war to defend the hire is where I think most of the fans are....iffy....on

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure who is asking anyone to defend the hire. He is here. No more defense is required. Anyone attacking the staff is wasting their time for now and overall being destructive. Just cheer the team and staff on, and like you said, hope for the best.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not sure who is asking anyone to defend the hire. He is here. No more defense is required. Anyone attacking the staff is wasting their time for now and overall being destructive. Just cheer the team and staff on, and like you said, hope for the best.

So, do you think that there is no such thing as a bad coach, that fans of a team are always wrong who think changing coaches is best for the team?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

It's not in my nature to just blindly follow. I like to think for myself and have an opinion. It would be completely hypocritical for me to fall in line after saying some of the things I said for almost a year leading up to the hire.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I actually like the TV idea. You have to gin up a little support any way you can. I like that he thinks like a Marketer.

Like I said previously, I don't know if Pastner will ultimately succeed, but i'm pleased with what I have seen so far.

I remember being at a GT game as a student (and this is when we were good) and after the game they had this amazing promotion where we tried to land paper airplanes in a car to win the thing.