1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by ESPNjacket, Jun 4, 2018.

1. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-n...against-former-friend/E16SJPRIZvpzFlrTOTh7RM/

Probably don't want to waste your time with the AJC's take from Alan Judd. His description is that Pastner dropped his lawsuit against Bell and Pendley and in return they agreed to drop their lawsuit against Pastner. Judd's article also re-mentions items included in his article from a couple of weeks ago and mentions that Pastner's lawyers have tried to discredit Bell and Pendley.

Judd also reiterates that Bell alleges that he was directed by Pastner to give players impermissible benefits.

2. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

That is why I am hoping that there are some strong admissions included in the settlement so all of these speculative articles/viewpoints get put to rest. I hope they were able to get that in the settlement more than just everyone go home.

GTHomer likes this.
  3. Bogey404

Bogey404 Helluva Engineer

Agree but he does need to serve some significant hard time for sure to serve notice to him and other nuts that this type of behavior will not be tolerated in college sports.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

4. ESPNjacket

ESPNjacket Helluva Engineer

Excerpt:
    A defamation lawsuit filed against the Star and one of its reporters has been dismissed.
    Ron Bell, of Oro Valley, accused the Star and reporter Caitlin Schmidt of making "false statements" in news reports about a legal fight between him and former UA assistant basketball coach Josh Pastner, according to the lawsuit filed in March in Pima County Superior Court.

GT14 and CuseJacket like this.
  5. JacketRacket

JacketRacket Helluva Engineer

I never understood how this guy wasn't charged under the Gurley law.

6. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

Bbecause that law was for ugag.

7. MWT89

MWT89 Ramblin' Wreck

I grind my teeth thinking about the damage he did to our program. What a loathsome person.

GT14, Fatmike91, Gold1 and 5 others like this.
  8. Fatmike91

Fatmike91 Helluva Engineer

I don't need any more updates on this guy.

/

lauraee, awbuzz, kg01 and 5 others like this.
  9. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

In that picture - why does his mother appear to be so upset? She got the flower behind her ear. What more she want?

bwelbo likes this.
  10. sidewalkGTfan

sidewalkGTfan Helluva Engineer

All true...but...ultimately it was our head coach that allowed him so much access to our basketball program

GT14, Gold1, Wrecked and 4 others like this.
  11. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer Contributing Writer

12. bke1984

bke1984 Helluva Engineer

Very surprised many let Pastner off the hook on this whole thing. Still seems a little suspicious to me.

kg01 likes this.
  13. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Only one I want is that he muffed it up in prison and has his sentence extended for another 10 years. He's lower than whale sh!t.

14. Gtbowhunter90

Only thing Pastner is guilty of is naivete and being overly trustworthy of people. Yes, he has cost this program just as much as Rat Bell, but being a dope doesnt carry the same weight as a criminal offense

jayparr, okiemon and lv20gt like this.
  15. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

You want to blame CJP about the reporter & newspaper in this dismissed case as well?

16. bke1984

bke1984 Helluva Engineer

The criminal aspect no, but I don’t for one minute believe he wasn’t aware of Bell giving players impermissible benefits. It just doesn’t add up...

This was going on at the same time as the Labarrie stuff right? So we are to believe the head coach had no clue that all these guys involved and close to the program were breaking rules? Ok...now who is naive?

Now I think he didn’t anticipate that the guy was a lunatic. But that doesn’t excuse his involvement if he knew about the stuff like I think he did.

jayparr likes this.
  17. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

The NCAA cleared CJP and GT supported him during the process.

You or I or anyone else can think whatever we want. It doesn't matter what we think.

MtnWasp, GTHomer, BeeRBee and 7 others like this.
  18. Gtbowhunter90

Precisely.

19. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

You are who you hang with. It’s in the Bible; look it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but Jesus hung out with tax collectors and sinful folk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk