Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-n...against-former-friend/E16SJPRIZvpzFlrTOTh7RM/

Probably don't want to waste your time with the AJC's take from Alan Judd. His description is that Pastner dropped his lawsuit against Bell and Pendley and in return they agreed to drop their lawsuit against Pastner. Judd's article also re-mentions items included in his article from a couple of weeks ago and mentions that Pastner's lawyers have tried to discredit Bell and Pendley.

Judd also reiterates that Bell alleges that he was directed by Pastner to give players impermissible benefits.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-n...against-former-friend/E16SJPRIZvpzFlrTOTh7RM/

Probably don't want to waste your time with the AJC's take from Alan Judd. His description is that Pastner dropped his lawsuit against Bell and Pendley and in return they agreed to drop their lawsuit against Pastner. Judd's article also re-mentions items included in his article from a couple of weeks ago and mentions that Pastner's lawyers have tried to discredit Bell and Pendley.

Judd also reiterates that Bell alleges that he was directed by Pastner to give players impermissible benefits.

That is why I am hoping that there are some strong admissions included in the settlement so all of these speculative articles/viewpoints get put to rest. I hope they were able to get that in the settlement more than just everyone go home.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Good for Coach Pastner. As mentioned he can concentrate solely on the basketball program and it clears one area of negative recruiting. Next big item is the meeting with GT an the NCAA on Aug 22. Hopefully we will know soon after that what, if any, penalties the NCAA puts on GT due to the strip club visit.

Bell and Pendley still have legal work ahead of them. I'll let Brandon weigh in on this but my expectation would be that at some point there will be a deal with the local prosecutor over all the criminal charges where they plead guilty to a handful of them and the rest get dismissed to minimize jail time. I doubt the DA wants to spend the time and effort to prosecute them through a jury trial on all those charges if he can just get guilty verdicts on a handful of them. Much cheaper for the citizens of the county.
Agree but he does need to serve some significant hard time for sure to serve notice to him and other nuts that this type of behavior will not be tolerated in college sports.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

Excerpt:
A defamation lawsuit filed against the Star and one of its reporters has been dismissed.
Ron Bell, of Oro Valley, accused the Star and reporter Caitlin Schmidt of making "false statements" in news reports about a legal fight between him and former UA assistant basketball coach Josh Pastner, according to the lawsuit filed in March in Pima County Superior Court.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Very surprised many let Pastner off the hook on this whole thing. Still seems a little suspicious to me.
Only thing Pastner is guilty of is naivete and being overly trustworthy of people. Yes, he has cost this program just as much as Rat Bell, but being a dope doesnt carry the same weight as a criminal offense

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Only thing Pastner is guilty of is naivete and being overly trustworthy of people. Yes, he has cost this program just as much as Rat Bell, but being a dope doesnt carry the same weight as a criminal offense
The criminal aspect no, but I don’t for one minute believe he wasn’t aware of Bell giving players impermissible benefits. It just doesn’t add up...

This was going on at the same time as the Labarrie stuff right? So we are to believe the head coach had no clue that all these guys involved and close to the program were breaking rules? Ok...now who is naive?

Now I think he didn’t anticipate that the guy was a lunatic. But that doesn’t excuse his involvement if he knew about the stuff like I think he did.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The criminal aspect no, but I don’t for one minute believe he wasn’t aware of Bell giving players impermissible benefits. It just doesn’t add up...

This was going on at the same time as the Labarrie stuff right? So we are to believe the head coach had no clue that all these guys involved and close to the program were breaking rules? Ok...now who is naive?

Now I think he didn’t anticipate that the guy was a lunatic. But that doesn’t excuse his involvement if he knew about the stuff like I think he did.

The NCAA cleared CJP and GT supported him during the process.

You or I or anyone else can think whatever we want. It doesn't matter what we think.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

You are who you hang with. It’s in the Bible; look it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk