Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
LOL! Like we recruited so well before he came to Tech. He needs the 5 years to prove himself without a lot of crap from our fans quoting the Dawg loving AJC.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GkzO7ro.gif

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have never been a Mark Bradley hater, but I think he needs to ask "The Hill" if they believe Pastner is more trouble than he's worth. Nothing in the story is new except Bradley's rhetorical question. A sizable subset of the Tech fan-base is beginning to wonder if Pastner has reached that point, but that changes nothing. If the NCAA sticks with their current NOA and leaves Pastner free from any of the infractions, he will still be our coach.

I wonder if, in Bradley's career, he has ever been right about anything he has written regarding GT sports???

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well boys and girls this is kinda the bottom of the trough in my mind. Either he really did the things he is being accused of or he didn’t.

The question in my mind is fairly simple, until we know something definitive (or at least beyond the allegations of a seemingly unhinged couple) how do we respond?

Do we circle up the wagons, as a member of this board said, or do we abandon? Do we double down and support our guy, or do we let our dude flap in the wind?

Look, my opinion is just that. My opinion. That said I can’t begin to wrap my head around 95% of the sludge he is being drug through. And so, here we go. I’m all in. I’ll be spending my time, energy and dollars on resurrecting the program and with it our coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Support the coach until it looks like he's gone. I have no reason to believe we're in justification-to-fire territory right now so CJP will be here at least another 2-3 years until either his buyout is low enough or maybe he'll be here longer if he makes the Tournament and gets an extension.

Honestly this whole thing is exhausting from a fandom perspective and bums me out because I want the best players to come play for us and I am not sure if this kind of thing affects their commitments. I'm just ready for November to roll around and start talking Ws and Ls (or at least waiting for end of August to roll around for FB to begin).

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think that if I were CJP and RB had ran my name through the mud and was attempting to ruin my career, I'd be doing all I could to minimize my relationship with him as well.

Please understand that I am not defending CJP for allowing this nut such access, but is it really hard to believe that RB would embellish his relationship with Josh?

I mean the dude coerced his woman to make a false claim of sexual assault. He had security guards willing to lie for him. He is certainly capable of fabricating that ****.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
He ATTEMPTED TO BRIBE A security guard to lie for him. He is certainly capable of fabricating that ****.
FTFY

It is fairly sad to see other people worry that RB might have a point. This dude has been caught in ridiculous fabrications. He isn't bending the truth. He is making stuff up to damage Pastner personally. And you better believe it or I'll get in touch with El Chapo. My God.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
This is my understanding of Pastner's contract. It doesn't include incentives, car allowance or country club membership.

Is this correct?

Attachments

• Pastner contract.JPG
    Pastner contract.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 86

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
you know when you turn off your computer or phone and then turn it back on to see of this will fix the problem, that is what we need here - to turn him off and start over. The best article Mark bradley has ever wrote. We have already spent legal dollars investigating this stupid situation and it's not worth it. Furthermore recruiting is dead - period - you can't recruit under these circumstances - not even worth trying.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
you know when you turn off your computer or phone and then turn it back on to see of this will fix the problem, that is what we need here - to turn him off and start over. The best article Mark bradley has ever wrote. We have already spent legal dollars investigating this stupid situation and it's not worth it. Furthermore recruiting is dead - period - you can't recruit under these circumstances - not even worth trying.

How big a check did you offer Todd Stansbury for the cause?

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
U a
How big a check did you offer Todd Stansbury for the cause?
You always bring up the money. What make you think we can't fire for cause and put in an interim coach that saves money? I give my fair share BTW. But the basketball program is not deserving of much given it's performance. I am not a criticizer of everything. I liked CPJ very much and I like the new football coach but Pastner .......
enough is enough.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
U a

You always bring up the money. What make you think we can't fire for cause and put in an interim coach that saves money? I give my fair share BTW. But the basketball program is not deserving of much given it's performance. I am not a criticizer of everything. I liked CPJ very much and I like the new football coach but Pastner .......
enough is enough.

Ah, yes. Cheap interim coach to save money. Surely that won’t have a negative impact on the program and recruiting.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You always bring up the money. What make you think we can't fire for cause and put in an interim coach that saves money?

Because we've already done an investigation that has cleared Pastner, and the NCAA hasn't brought anything against him.

Fired with cause is a very specific thing. It's not just "he did something I don't like".

Plus, no AD wants to hire a 3rd straight budget hire. It would basically kill what little life there is in our program.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
U a

enough is enough.
Those who cannot remember the [recent] past are condemned to repeat it.” —George Santayana

[my addition]

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
U a

enough is enough.

Fine. I'll bring up that you clearly don't understand the financial dynamics and you're clearly not supportive of the underlying GT Men's Basketball program, so there's no reason to engage in conversation with you on the matter.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I hear u guys - and you are right

In my not so humble opinion, you just have to ride it out and fund raise. Some may think it’s to early but it’s never too early to plan ahead. I think this has, at the very least, been a strange hire, based on numerous factors. We need to hit the next one out of the park or we will fully become Washington State, Rutgers or DePaul.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In my not so humble opinion, you just have to ride it out and fund raise. Some may think it’s to early but it’s never too early to plan ahead. I think this has, at the very least, been a strange hire, based on numerous factors. We need to hit the next one out of the park or we will fully become Washington State, Rutgers or DePaul.
I was not "all in" on the Pastner hire, but thought it was OK. After his first season it looked like a genius was in charge of our program. Then the bottom fell out. Reveno is the only assistant left from the good group he hired initially and the RB avalanche crashed down on us. Now, with Ron Bell and the NCAA looming over the program, our future seems more than a little constrained. If we can make the post season and have an OK recruiting year, this could pass, especially if the NCAA says we have corrected the problems. But, I am not optimistic we will escape the NCAA completely nor make the post season. Hopeful, but not optimistic.

I do not see any chance Pastner will be fired this season. Nor, would I wish for it. He may just be in over his head given the current situation, but we do not have much leverage right now. I agree with @Peacone36 that we need our next coach to be a significant step up or we could become totally irrelevant.