Pack Out Bobby Dodd

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I don't live anywhere near Atlanta and I still show up. That being said, myself and a lot of my friends and I were asked to dig deep and support that man who previously worked for the circus. We were already giving, gave again, then gave some more, told it cost big $$ to win. We lost about 10k game day butts in seat in 3 years with the train wreck. I think everyone knew it was a mistake after game 2 where we got bailed out at home against a woeful USF squad, but some took until The Citadel disaster, the eternally faithful made it to the embarassing Temple loss. 4 years of losing fans in droves takes a very long time to recover from unfortunately. Most of my friends have cancelled their season tickets, there's nobody in my entire row or the ones up or down from me that were there in 2018. We used to know hundreds of people around us, all long term fans, but GT drove them off. Peterson, Stansbury and the circus guy massively damaged our program. We're going to need 3-4 years of solid winning just to get going.
Agree. The damage that was done to our program from 2019-2022 runs far deeper than TFG's buyout. Thank goodness we seem to have the right internal support now to help us climb back up.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Toss in the South section too. Often it is bereft of individuals.
I am an ancient graduate and we did not miss games as students. There was a faithful contingent of students studying in the library but games were a priority for the vast majority. My son is a recent graduate and he went to 1 game in 4 years...nobody in his circle of friends really cared. This was shocking to me but he said there was no real interest, dorms were full of students playing video games. Hopefully this was a fluke...

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Are those resales? Remember, sold out doesn't necessarily reflect attendance or people who bought tickets but have listed them for sale on resell sites like stubhub/ticketmaster/cheaptickets/etc.
Yeah but either way that is a Ton of emptiness....checkerboard is one thing but gaping squares just look bad

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Some of y’all continue to blame people who simply don’t exist. A GT alum does not equal a GT fan. Sure, we have enough alumni within a 3 hour drive to fill the stadium but that does not mean we have enough fans to fill the stadium. What will fill the stadium is CONSISTENT winning over 2-3 years. People who could become GT fans do not want to waste a day and spend hundreds of dollars for a product that loses more than wins. All of us posters will be there consistently no matter what but we are the extreme end.

For example, my dad went to Maryland and grew up loving the ACC like me. He use to come to games while I was in school with Ross and thru the O’Leary years. He came to a few CPJ games but has no interest lately because he simply doesn’t want to waste a Saturday on a team that losses more than wins, He was excited for our win, but he won’t come back until we become a proven product. There are a lot of those folks in the metro area who will come back once we are proven. I can already hear the complaining on this board about the fans come Sunday. If we keep winning that won’t be an issue in a year or two.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
We're turning heads. Eyebrows are being raised.

But there is a lot of inertia to overcome to convert intrigue into actionable investment.

The program has made strides with an opportunity to turn a corner. If good stuff momentum is maintained we will hit a threshold where local fan interest will snowball.

We're not there yet but one can sniff it in the air. Key will keep grinding, which is what we need.

Woodstock23

Georgia Tech Fan
When CPJ was here we consistently averaged 45,000 per game. Then the bottom dropped out.
However, I know we have plenty of fans living close enough to Atlanta to average 40,000+ per game.
We really have a good football team. They’re working their butts off to make Georgia Tech proud.
Tech fans need to show up and support this team.
Trust me, i was in Ireland and you will be excited to see this team in person.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I am an ancient graduate and we did not miss games as students. There was a faithful contingent of students studying in the library but games were a priority for the vast majority. My son is a recent graduate and he went to 1 game in 4 years...nobody in his circle of friends really cared. This was shocking to me but he said there was no real interest, dorms were full of students playing video games. Hopefully this was a fluke...
All the data says GenZ is saying no to spectator sports. This problem isn’t going away, especially for football. Take a thoughtful look at the ages of everyone sitting around you on Saturday night.

Woodstock23

Georgia Tech Fan
Not all colleges are that way. My wife went to Auburn and we attend a couple of Auburn games per year. Their student section is packed an hour before kickoff with shakers in hand.
It really is refreshing to see.
Hopefully our students will be out this Saturday night firing up our crowd.
Go Jackets!

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wi
CALLING ALL YELLOW JACKETS:

This weekend is when we make a statement to our team that they have the full support of the Yellow Jacket fanbase, NO EMPTY SEATS. Reach out to your loved ones, friends, colleagues, and get them to the Dodd. We have all been waiting for a team that makes us excited to wear the white and gold each and every day, and CBK has done everything in his power to restore that to the program and fanbase alike. It is time that this team and coaching staff are rewarded for all they have done with a packed house every time we come home, starting this Saturday at 8pm. A lot of eyes are watching all of a sudden after that dismantling of the Noles across the pond, so lets show everyone that Bobby Dodd is a place people should be terrified to play at. Wear white, and be loud. GO JACKETS AND THWG

Will be there with the wife. Might not make many games this year due to our daughter being due in late October, but we will be there for this one.

Last edited:

Goldstrike

Georgia Tech Fan
View attachment 16694

Never seen this feature on StubHub before but seems promising. Not sure if they have collected enough data from past seasons for this to mean anything but that would suggest a UGA/Clemson-esque turnout. Also really speaks to how bad of a job we're doing at getting word about these $15 tickets out. There are very few excuses to buy second-hand this game and you're only hurting your own wallet by doing so.
Are the $15 seats for season ticket holders to buy extra or what? Thinking of bringing family...