Opening Weekend: Minnesota / Bradley / UConn

GTfan1977

Banned
Totally agree... they are intertwined. But something usually gets the dominos to start falling. Today... the error in the outfield in the 2nd inning. Bruuuu-tal. Just can't happen.

Need to learn from this... and as important, hope Minnesota, Bradley, & UConn win a ton of games.

Frustrating start to 2018. But plenty of time to fix it. I think it is all fixable.

Can’t see the Forest through the trees, dumpster fire year once again

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not that anyone cares this far after the series, but here's my take.

We lost two of three and the one we won was on an unearned run. At least we didn't beat ourselves in that game. The three teams we played had two which are probably lower level ACC performing teams at the end of the season (UM & UConn). Bradley will probably be ~100 to 200th.

We weren't ready to play or can't pay at a high level consistently for whatever reason. We had some good pitching but awful (Hughes) to mediocre (Curry and Lee) starting pitching and some atrocious relief.

The errors were bad too and even more disheartening to me; 3 against Bradley and 4 against UM. Damn, just damn. That just is not GT baseball and an indictment of coaching getting the team ready.

I'm not going to comment on Hall; what I think doesn't matter and it only takes away from the enjoyment of the game and the team. I'll wait till the end of the season to opine on Hall again. Hall isn't going anywhere during the season.

After the UConn game I was pissed off. It hindsight it was largely at myself for expecting / hoping for a lot better start. No one except those in the program can do anything about the team's performance. So I just plan to enjoy what I can (and get a lot of yard work done).

Let's be thankful that WREK has Wiley and sometimes company. They make the broadcasts as enjoyable as possible.