Opening Weekend: Minnesota / Bradley / UConn

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tough start to game 3- 4-1 UConn in the bottom 2nd.

I hate UConn. When I attended the final 4 in 2004, their fans were super obnoxious and arrogant.

GTfan1977

Banned
Very disappointed for Hughes, he looked as bad as last year. Thomas looked great, hope he can get righties out too.
Overall, do we look at our pitchers in live hitting sessions before the start of the season? Can't we tell then who can throw strikes and who can't? If they can't in practice, don't pitch them in games. If they can in practice,but not in games,how do you fix that?

Easy, fire DH and start over with some new blood. The game has long passed by our coach , see Bobby Bowden in last years at FSU

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wow, what a disappointing start to the season. Same old problems. Pitching, pitching, pitching....sucks!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TIED GAME 7-7

Well, I'm glad they haven't given up being down 7-1. Bases loaded two out in 8th...... Wade had a warning track out to end inning.

Datoc, Archer and Gibson haven't given a run for 6 innings. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Poor team.....giving up 9 runs to UConn? After giving up 10 to Bradley? Exactly the same level of performance as last year.

If Hall doesn’t find a way to turn this around (and fast), I will definitely join the dump Hall camp. This is ridiculous!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Q: Was it the poor pitching by Lee or the poor fielding (4 errors) which led to the loss?

A: Both and they are intertwined.

I'll comment tomorrow when I'm not as pissed. The players never gave up. But have they been prepared to play?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was happy with the performance by the offense and bullpen today. Fielding is another subject. The order of pitchers out of the pen became clear this weekend and hopefully Thomas will be the Saturday starter next weekend. I imagine that Chapman will be the weekday starter since he didn't get any time on the mound.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Q: Was it the poor pitching by Lee or the poor fielding (4 errors) which led to the loss?

A: Both and they are intertwined.

I'll comment tomorrow when I'm not as pissed. The players never gave up. But have they been prepared to play?
Totally agree... they are intertwined. But something usually gets the dominos to start falling. Today... the error in the outfield in the 2nd inning. Bruuuu-tal. Just can't happen.

Need to learn from this... and as important, hope Minnesota, Bradley, & UConn win a ton of games.

Frustrating start to 2018. But plenty of time to fix it. I think it is all fixable.