On To VMI

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
It Hurts to loose and in the way we did I hope the team has some pride and shows up to ****ing dominate next week!
and to close this week Fran Clown sincerly **** YOU YOU POS!

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Winning in a blowout fashion makes fans feel good, but there’s little correlation to future performance against decent teams whether we win by a pedestrian 20 or blowout by 70.

I just hope the staff knows what they’re doing and can prepare our players for Louisville. It’ll be ULs third game and our fifth by then. UL has played absolutely no one so not much intel on them.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Winning in a blowout fashion makes fans feel good, but there’s little correlation to future performance against decent teams whether we win by a pedestrian 20 or blowout by 70.

I just hope the staff knows what they’re doing and can prepare our players for Louisville. It’ll be ULs third game and our fifth by then. UL has played absolutely no one so not much intel on them.
I mostly agree with this, although sometimes you do need to make fans feel good especially with a fan base that's trying to regroup after several years of bad football.

I'm a Coach Key guy and am not jumping off of the bandwagon anytime soon, but the Louisville game does loom large.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I mostly agree with this, although sometimes you do need to make fans feel good especially with a fan base that's trying to regroup after several years of bad football.

I'm a Coach Key guy and am not jumping off of the bandwagon anytime soon, but the Louisville game does loom large.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d enjoy being in the right side of a 73-7 type game for a change. But given how we’ve looked in the last couple games, I don’t think it’s in our best interest to ‘try’ to destroy them and create even more intel on us. Now if our backups end up doing that, all the better.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Bucknell was once a power football team but decided to go the all academic route. "They beat VMI."
Play the backups - guys are dinged up. Louisville is a big game on road.
I have a fantasy of starting the game with all backup players and letting the starters watch for a quarter or so. Several of our players, including our RBs, are playing slower right now. Their bodies may need a little rest.

When I was a runner my best times and finishes were almost always after a lighter training week. Football is so physical I don’t understand how you can go week after week with tough opponents and constant practicing without getting worn down.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually think we have an advantage playing a warm up game before Louisville - and unlike Syracuse there is no way we loose to VMI. Louisville will have played two cupcakes and the bye week may have not be as helpful as they have not been tested physically. We will have had a fourth game to work out the bugs and hopefully stay loose. It is pretty much a make or break game for us.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I actually think we have an advantage playing a warm up game before Louisville - and unlike Syracuse there is no way we loose to VMI. Louisville will have played two cupcakes and the bye week may have not be as helpful as they have not been tested physically. We will have had a fourth game to work out the bugs and hopefully stay loose. It is pretty much a make or break game for us.
Yeah, I see no reason to run up the score on VMI but I do see a need to work on a lot of things in our game, get healthy, and see if we can get the engine running smoothly.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Bucknell was once a power football team but decided to go the all academic route. "They beat VMI."
Play the backups - guys are dinged up. Louisville is a big game on road.
After what I've seen so far in three games I'd like to see what our #3 QB can do in this game especially if Faulkner could give him enough leash to sling it downfield and not out into the friggin' flats 50% of the time.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Our linemen got their egos dented against Syracuse. They will come out fired-up. We should control the LOS on the offensive side of the ball and our coach's preferred mode of shortening the game and grinding the ball should work very well against this opponent. Shortening the game (minimizing the number of possessions) should mitigate defensive shortcomings in case VMI has a passing attack.

But moving forward, this team has far too many offensive weapons and defensive liabilities to apply the "Run. The. Bawl" game plan in every game. There are going to be games when we will have to attack down field to win We have to recognize this fact sooner than the staff did against Syrause.

Let us not again bring brass knuckles to a shoot-out.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Being against a weaker opponent and us not being ranked it will almost assuredly be an accn or espn + game. Get sling orange for $40/m ($20 first month) and cancel anytime.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
question for someone smarter than me (which should be everyone) Next week's game is on ACCNX will I be able to get it on You Tube ?
What I am about to say is speculation based on a little research. I recently switched from DirecTV to YouTubeTV, and am going to have the same issue.

You may not be able to get ACCNX directly through YouTubeTV. You may be able to watch it through the ESPN app by selecting YouTubeTV as your provider and providing your YouTubeTV login credentials. That worked for me in the past when I had DirecTV.