On To VMI

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I said it last week, but a loss to Syracuse was going to create the “same old Tech” narrative and it has. Causal fans are going to need more success to stay intrigued especially after the last few years with us being one of the worst P4 teams and our in-state rivals being multiple national champions. Let’s just take it one game at a time. We can shape our own narrative by winning.
Batt
So we have FSU in Ireland and get great publicity with win against team suing to leave the crummy ACC.

Batt
Next big game for getting rid of 100-0 is on the Benz against ND, a team that will not join the crimmy ACC.
Oh please. Oh please. Oh please. Rollin the dice.

Taking it 1 at a time we could be 5-1 @ toe meets leather.
Now the only thing better than 2-1 is 3-1.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on falling ticket prices (as compared to last week ) on Seat Geek, I am afraid it means nothing to others as well

I’m usually piss and vinegar but don’t think it’s personal against the team. Nor do I see it as a reflection of last week.

FCS openers are big since it’s game 1. FCS games for teams that are a ‘tough ticket’ do well too.

This is neither.

I hope we play ‘wake me up when September ends’ in October during our first home conference game at BDS.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like it might be a rainy wet day. Good news is: they don't run the flexbone! Looks like a pretty standard shotgun spread. Weirder things have happened and our players need to come in ready to jump out and seal the game early. Here's hoping Pyron and some other guys get lots of playing time.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Looks like it might be a rainy wet day. Good news is: they don't run the flexbone! Looks like a pretty standard shotgun spread. Weirder things have happened and our players need to come in ready to jump out and seal the game early. Here's hoping Pyron and some other guys get lots of playing time.
Yes, I really want to see Pyron get some actual opportunity to lead the offense instead of just a qb keep here and there or handoffs at the end of the game. King is great but if he goes down I'm always worried that Pyron will be pretty rusty for a bit.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought we played Duke this weekend and it’s VMI. Take the loss Saturday out on VMI not Duke we’ll worry about Duke in a few weeks 😂 take care of business and get to 3-1. After watching NC State, NCAR and ND I’m feeling pretty good about our chances.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Need this win to make a bowl this year.

I think we'll be ready to go good. I'll be in the mountains enjoying other things, including the rain.
I actually like rain in the mountains. As long as there’s no lightning I enjoy hiking under a thick canopy with its moody greenery and primal earth smells.

I’ll be interested to see if we just play it safe with VMI and get the win or if we experiment with lineups, personnel and play calling to get some experience.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
VMI's starting QB is hurt

no real reason we shouldn't win big this weekend.
Hopefully, most of our starters only play the first half, get some rest, and our backups get some very valuable playing time.
But honestly, I will not be surprised to see King play well into the 4th quarter.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm wondering if VMI runs the TO ... do you know ?
With more time to waste than is healthy, I watched parts of VMI's first two games Bucknell and William and Mary. They run what appears to be a typical shotgun "Me too" offense. Pretty decent quarterback, capable though physically limited running backs. The lines are small and slow especially the offensive line. Defensive backs end up making most of the tackles. They blitz on defense a good bit. We might cover the 40 or so point line in less than three quarters even playing backups a lot. Someone compared them to The Citadel from a few years ago. Based on my casual observations, I don't think they are nearly as good which is not good for them as The Citadel is their biggest rival. A friend from church who went to VMI told me that they have really struggled to recruit in recent years. IIWII