On To VMI

GT33

Helluva Engineer
When's the last time any ACC team played 3 straight away games to start the season or didn't have their ACC home opener until October?

There's probably been some ACC home openers in October with teams playing all 4 cupcakes upfront and starting with a conference away game. I doubt anyone's ever played 3 straight away games to open conference play. Not sure many even have had 2.

On top of that 5 of our first 6 conference games are on the road. I'm quite certain that is a record. The ACC would never do that to anyone else.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
What I am about to say is speculation based on a little research. I recently switched from DirecTV to YouTubeTV, and am going to have the same issue.

You may not be able to get ACCNX directly through YouTubeTV. You may be able to watch it through the ESPN app by selecting YouTubeTV as your provider and providing your YouTubeTV login credentials. That worked for me in the past when I had DirecTV.
This is the way.

@stech81 , when I had Youtube TV, ACCNX didn't appear in the normal channel guide. But I could watch via the ESPN app on my phone, computer, or the ESPN Apple TV app. Just had to sign in with my Youtube TV credentials, and was good to go.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
When's the last time any ACC team played 3 straight away games to start the season or didn't have their ACC home opener until October?

There's probably been some ACC home openers in October with teams playing all 4 cupcakes upfront and starting with a conference away game. I doubt anyone's ever played 3 straight away games to open conference play. Not sure many even have had 2.

On top of that 5 of our first 6 conference games are on the road. I'm quite certain that is a record. The ACC would never do that to anyone else.

I’m not disagreeing with you but am pointing out that our free shoes game was touted as a “home game” for GT. No idea what that means. The free shoes band sure didn’t seem to be relegated to an insignificant position in the stadium.

Being cuckholded into a contract with MBS isn’t Batt’s doing - sins of the past. But he agreed to the Dublin game. And by giving leeway towards having no consistency in ACC scheduling, we were supported to get something in return…

My best guess is that the non-BDS heavy first half of the season is more to do with managing risk related to construction work.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

I'm quite sure that the ACC scheduling folks in Chapel Hill Charlotte have always tried to balance team schedules fairly. ;)

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

FSU was a Home game.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m not disagreeing with you but am pointing out that our free shoes game was touted as a “home game” for GT. No idea what that means. The free shoes band sure didn’t seem to be relegated to an insignificant position in the stadium.

Being cuckholded into a contract with MBS isn’t Batt’s doing - sins of the past. But he agreed to the Dublin game. And by giving leeway towards having no consistency in ACC scheduling, we were supported to get something in return…

My best guess is that the non-BDS heavy first half of the season is more to do with managing risk related to construction work.
I actually thought they did a really good job of making it feel as close as they could to a home game while in another country. Tech Band was mic'd up and blasting in the stadium, usually drowning out the f$u band (from where I was sitting), play by play, announcements, sound effects, and signage around the stadium were all GT. There were certainly more f$u fans, but as we've seen in recent years, that could even happen at a true home game.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

Agreeing to the Dublin game was a great choice. That was the best exposure we’ve gotten in years. It was worth sacrificing a home game, IMO.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
All of this "it was a home game talk" is fine because technically it was but the game wasn't even in the US. If the designation was no big deal and it doesn;t really matter where you play your "home" game, why did fsu give up a home game? They got half their stadium ripped apart. We were 'home" against BC, so this time we should have been away.

We got all the disadvantages. Normal travel week, fsu got 2 extra days. fsu got the next week off. We just lined ourselves up here for a big screw job.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

We got great national coverage and exposure with Week 0 game in Dublin. The win was the cherry on top. Lots of positives. MBS is a MEH in my opinion. Players may like it and is likely done for recruiting.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
We got great national coverage and exposure with Week 0 game in Dublin. The win was the cherry on top. Lots of positives. MBS is a MEH in my opinion. Players may like it and is likely done for recruiting.

You’re spot on. My post reads salty since I love BDS. Ultimately I trust Batt and think erring away from BDS early this season was deliberate to manage construction risk.

Not exactly apples to apples, but I recall what a farce Vandy was with cranes all over the place - bad look.

Nonetheless, I suspect five games at BDS is the fewest we’ve ever played here in a season. I’d prefer seven with an occasional eighth on odd years.

In the meantime, I just wish we had more say in the MBS thing till it’s over. (Personally the GaSt game or VMI would have been better there and play ND at Bobby Dodd).

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
All of this "it was a home game talk" is fine because technically it was but the game wasn't even in the US. If the designation was no big deal and it doesn;t really matter where you play your "home" game, why did fsu give up a home game? They got half their stadium ripped apart. We were 'home" against BC, so this time we should have been away.

We got all the disadvantages. Normal travel week, fsu got 2 extra days. fsu got the next week off. We just lined ourselves up here for a big screw job.
Ask the GT AD. GT got great exposure from the Ireland game. With the recent state of GT football that was probably very important.

We can gripe about it but it was a GT Home Conference game.

The ND game in the Dome is also a GT home game.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

It was a home game for us because it was supposed to have been in BDS later in the year. Ireland probably asked for any teams that would want to play Week 0 over there and we and F$U agreed to move it.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
You’re spot on. My post reads salty since I love BDS. Ultimately I trust Batt and think erring away from BDS early this season was deliberate to manage construction risk.

Not exactly apples to apples, but I recall what a farce Vandy was with cranes all over the place - bad look.

Nonetheless, I suspect five games at BDS is the fewest we’ve ever played here in a season. I’d prefer seven with an occasional eighth on odd years.

In the meantime, I just wish we had more say in the MBS thing till it’s over. (Personally the GaSt game or VMI would have been better there and play ND at Bobby Dodd).

I wonder what our exact contract is with MBS, but I bet there’s something in there to incentivize marquee opponents for those games. I don’t see MBS being excited for GSU, but I actually think that would have been the best choice; The battle for ATL in the neutral ATL stadium. It also would have allowed us to get ND in BDS which most fans would prefer.

Last edited:

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
As much as I want to see a win on Saturday, the VMI game means nothing to me. Go out and do your job and get the result. Next week will show me if the team learned something from Syracuse or not.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Hope we win big so our starters can get some well-deserved rest and other players can get reps.
That was the plan against ga at but it never materialized. Hope it does for VMI because this is the last game for scrubs except maybe dook.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I want to see a win on Saturday, the VMI game means nothing to me. Go out and do your job and get the result. Next week will show me if the team learned something from Syracuse or not.
Based on falling ticket prices (as compared to last week ) on Seat Geek, I am afraid it means nothing to others as well

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Based on falling ticket prices (as compared to last week ) on Seat Geek, I am afraid it means nothing to others as well

I said it last week, but a loss to Syracuse was going to create the “same old Tech” narrative and it has. Causal fans are going to need more success to stay intrigued especially after the last few years with us being one of the worst P4 teams and our in-state rivals being multiple national champions. Let’s just take it one game at a time. We can shape our own narrative by winning.