On To Syracuse!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Great summary and prediction.
Thank goodness you went past stats and went to eye ball.
My eyes saw a few small events
A i saw a,GT middle lb drop back in a passing lane, jump up and make an interception! Yea thier was a penalty , but in 65, 67 ish at bds uga faked a fb draw and lobbed a pass over the lb for a key first down to seal their win. Same thing recently when we had uda backed up in inzone. That's real progress.
2. 54 has transformed himself from a quiet giant fat freshman into a nfl sized athletic tackle that sprinted down field to form a convoy for Singleton s score on the reverse. He did better when on island against de. He can get acc honors.
3. Not football SCuse relevatnt but during pause 54 was featured on jumbotron. He did excellent answering favorite pop YOUNG culture question.. He said answers about some Japanese cartoon character. Giant response from student section! We need football games being fun type outreach to foreign students

4.Also off point for SCuse, but on east stands i saw several groups of YOUNG SIDEWALK FANS trying to get to the south endzone where the overflow for the srmtudets was being opened up. Block party is a real possibility for sidewalk fans to south end zone. We need sidewalk fan club gt gear!
5. Near my seat
WR 67 got in to run a number of jet screen routes with reverses in pre snap backfild motion. Ran a perfect route to a cleared out flat to left for a screen. He and qb were dialed in. He bowed out to give qb big area if blitzed, but then headed up field. Qb spotted him , passed where he was going , at eye level, where caught it with ease, nd then accelerated to get max yards on play with no homerun stop go. Over next few years, imo, we will see a lot more of 67.
Also by seats #5 Pyron ran a couple of qb keepers to right. First one was nose into pile and second one was sprint on slant to sidelines. #5 has speed, maybe not King speed, but damn fast.
6. Early on in game, Gsu offense would get set quickly and gojng on first count. Glad we got schooled on some run plays this week so hopefully, not on long pass plays this week! I see us getting some pics by the db.
7. #32 is well and playing atc110%
You must mean 87 rather than 67.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently Saturday’s game will be a blueout.

blue arrested development GIF

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
the defense truly is still suspect. We have 0 pass rush that is a cause for MAJOR concern
Could not agree more. The defense did not pass the eye test last week to me at all. After going back and watching again we are getting no pressure unless we bring 5-6 guys and our secondary doesn't seem to be handling man coverage all that well to me. I'm no expert, but I'm not sure we have made a massive jump on defense yet. I think we are more sound and have improved, but I'm not sure how much. I think we have gone from a D- defense to maybe a C or C+ defense. I think we will need to run the ball and control the clock. If we can force a turnover or two we can definitely outscore them, but this game will be a fight.