On To Syracuse!

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Please let us not get to the point we "fear" an opponent, "fear" losing, or "fear" a major challenge. This is what sports is all about. We could lose, but I do not fear it. I trust my eyes and our coach, we are an improved team. Play the game. Give it the best you've got.
As fans its acceptable imo

our players better NEVER fear anyone (except maybe a mad coach key) though

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
The new syarcuse coach and qb are not thinking 5 yard and out pass plays. Thier ol is all rs jr or sr so we can expect challenges for or db.

New dc and lb and db players need to up thier game from gsu.

Last week they l were bailed out by dropped passes on several plays while the qb was under pressure.

Hope to see dl and DE get pressure w just 4!
If this is the case then the offense just needs to do what they’ve done and that’s RUN THE BAWL.

If death marches are what we need, then let’s do it!

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
they have much more history than just that...

very good in the late 50's (1959 natty) and through the 60's, and had lots of success in the 80's and 90's.

They've been mostly mediocre with some good years since the mid 2000's.
They have a mediocre history and frankly for a lot of our existence so do we. I just find it insulting they are acting like they are a blue blood and we are not.

Last edited:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
On average, most 'Cuse fans are reasonable about this game. In the thread I titled "Syracuse Arrogance", I picked out the most egregious posts. If one were to do that from our board, I think it'd look similarly asinine to any other fan base.

Yes, they are still overconfident about their prospects this year. However, many have pumped the brakes a bit since seeing the defense they trotted on the field for the Ohio game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently Saturday’s game will be a blueout.

blue arrested development GIF

Perhaps they've done a Blue Out before, but I don't recall one.

Interesting timing relative to a couple of things:
1) This offseason, they replaced their metal bleachers for Blue chairbacks. Looks great. Slightly lowered capacity.
2) Their AD said earlier this week that tickets sold are only slightly ahead of pace for the Ohio game. Ohio drew in something like 37k tix, so probably only 30k-32k in attendance. Maybe our ranking will drive ticket sales higher.

Before
1725506912026.png

After
1725507099163.png

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
They have a mediocre history and frankly for a lot of our existence so do we. I just find it insulting they are acting like they are a blue blood and we are not.
I’d say we’re the Auburn of the ACC in that we’ve had a lot of great seasons and have a good history but we’re the little brother of our state and we’re always inconsistent.