OldJacketFan has passed away

Some regular GT Swarm folks are in this picture including Phil (second row White hat, far right hand side). This was just before the 2017 Spring Game. AD TS also dropped by to chat. @GTpdm, @OldJacketFan, @Supersizethatorder-mutt, @Longestday, @buzz_wiser© (can't remember your son's handle), @YJAlleyCat, @GTMom,myself and some others are pictured here.

View attachment 4969
The one standing behind and between @Longestday and @buzz_wiser© used to post on the AJC blogs under the name POAD and then UOAD. The man behind @buzz_wiser© also used to post on the AJC blogs, but I don't remember the name he used there. His wife is behind and between @buzz_wiser© and OJF. They are from Wilmington, NC and good friends of mine. Who is the man with the white cap behind POAD and next to my friend?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

GT NC

Georgia Tech Fan
Some regular GT Swarm folks are in this picture including Phil (second row White hat, far right hand side). This was just before the 2017 Spring Game. AD TS also dropped by to chat. @GTpdm, @OldJacketFan, @Supersizethatorder-mutt, @Longestday, @buzz_wiser© (can't remember your son's handle), @YJAlleyCat, @GTMom,myself and some others are pictured here.

View attachment 4969

Thanks for the picture, awbuzz. My wife and I are in the picture and that is the last time I saw OldJacketFan. We were also at the tavern in Detroit but unfortunately did not talk with him then.

Rest in peace, OldJacketFan, except of course on football Saturdays, when you put on your White and Gold and still give 'em hell from your new sky box seat!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
His is at YOUR right hand end of the second row, wearing a white shirt and a white Tech cap. You really can't see too much of his face, but probably enough so that if you had met him before you would recognize him.

Thank you @Supersizethatorder-mutt ! I have crossed paths with him before! We never really met other than a go jackets a couple times. Always seemed like an awesome guy! Hate to hear of his loss. Puts a dark cloud over the day, but also hopefully in his afterlife he can watch GT beat uga every year! :D

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
God Bless Phil and his entire family. I’m sorry for his passing and most of all I’m sorry for your pain. I will say another prayer tonight for yet another dedicated Tech fan, seems we’ve had some tragedy hit us here lately.

I would ask that in honor of Phil we remember that we are all passionate and driven people, we obviously dont take the easy routes in our lives nor do we settle for mediocrity. If/ when I get out of line tell me so, I will do my best to understand, this is a site that draws use together because we really do share common ground, aside from politics we are all here for the same reasons.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry for your loss. My Grandaddy is the reason I am a tech fan. I’ve felt him in the stands with me ever since he’s passed. I’ve never been a spiritual person, but back in 2008 when we played FSU I knew he was with me. The whole game was back and forth, finally in the 4th quarter FSU was driving down the field with less than a minute left, and they were within 5 yards. I just looked up at the sky and thought to myself "Grandaddy, we need this win". Next play their running back fumbles the ball and it rolls into the end zone right into one of our defensive backs hands and we got the win. I haven’t asked my Grandaddy “for help” ever since that game (and maybe I should have recently haha) but it was a great feeling knowing he was with me.

I'm sure you'll feel the same way for the games next year. I'm very sorry for your loss, but just know that he will always be with you. The first game you attend next year I’m sure you will feel a lot of emotion but he will be there.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hi there,

This is OldJacketFan's daughter. I wanted to leave a message letting everyone on this board know about my father's passing. He seemed to be an active member of this message board and I think it has meant a lot to him over the last few years. He passed away last week, 1/2, from a heart attack. His memorial service will be in Georgia tomorrow. Here is the information for the service, if you'd like to come. Feel free to wear your best Georgia Tech gear.

Thank you for being friends to my dad! He loved Georgia Tech football more than anything else in this world.
I am so sorry for your loss. I enjoyed reading what he had to say I wish I could have met him in person. Condolences to your family. I really need to make a point to met more people on here next season.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The one standing behind and between @Longestday and @buzz_wiser© used to post on the AJC blogs under the name POAD and then UOAD. The man behind @buzz_wiser© also used to post on the AJC blogs, but I don't remember the name he used there. His wife is behind and between @buzz_wiser© and OJF. They are from Wilmington, NC and good friends of mine. Who is the man with the white cap behind POAD and next to my friend?
That man is a friend of @YJAlleyCat and me, who often stops by our tailgate to hang out. I'm not sure if he's actually a member of GTSwarm, though. If he is, I think he mainly just lurks here without posting.

That man is a friend of @YJAlleyCat and me, who often stops by our tailgate to hang out. I'm not sure if he's actually a member of GTSwarm, though. If he is, I think he mainly just lurks here without posting.
Thanks, as you may have noted a few posts back, my friends from Wilmington identified themselves under the name @GT NC. He has had an account here for some time, but I believe this was his first post.