OldJacketFan has passed away

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Hi there,

This is OldJacketFan's daughter. I wanted to leave a message letting everyone on this board know about my father's passing. He seemed to be an active member of this message board and I think it has meant a lot to him over the last few years. He passed away last week, 1/2, from a heart attack. His memorial service will be in Georgia tomorrow. Here is the information for the service, if you'd like to come. Feel free to wear your best Georgia Tech gear.

Thank you for being friends to my dad! He loved Georgia Tech football more than anything else in this world.
RIP! Thanks for being a great daughter and having a great DAD!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Will have to find y'all next year then [emoji16]
I’d enjoy a chance to meet with all of y’all (a phrase that could only be uttered in the South) again. Last Fall was really rough on my health, and I missed most of the season—which actually had OJF on my mind lot, given what he went through the season before. I am very sorry that I won’t be able to talk to him sbout it all.

Can we all try to do another Spring Game assembly?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi there,

This is OldJacketFan's daughter. I wanted to leave a message letting everyone on this board know about my father's passing. He seemed to be an active member of this message board and I think it has meant a lot to him over the last few years. He passed away last week, 1/2, from a heart attack. His memorial service will be in Georgia tomorrow. Here is the information for the service, if you'd like to come. Feel free to wear your best Georgia Tech gear.

Thank you for being friends to my dad! He loved Georgia Tech football more than anything else in this world.
Sorry to hear this

I’d enjoy a chance to meet with all of y’all (a phrase that could only be uttered in the South) again. Last Fall was really rough on my health, and I missed most of the season—which actually had OJF on my mind lot, given what he went through the season before. I am very sorry that I won’t be able to talk to him sbout it all.

Can we all try to do another Spring Game assembly?
I certainly plan on being there, unless Tech screws up again and makes it on Good Friday, like they did 2 or 3 years ago. Do we know a date for it yet?

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
We disagreed on a lot of things but his input will be missed. I am sure he loved his family way more than the Yellow Jackets and that means you were well loved.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
As many others have already stated in one way or another, @OldJacketFan represented so many of the best qualities found among many of the posters on this board. He was one of the early members to sign on to this board, and I appreciated his blend of optimism, enthusiasm, and support of our program.