OK, #BCvsGT Postgame. BC wins 41-30

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone on radio, probably SeanBedford, remarked that BC had prepared to face a Sims led offense, and that they would have prepared for something completely different if they'd known Yates was going to be our QB. May help explain our early offensive success.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
There has been nothing left unsaid. Changes need to be made.

We gave up their season average in yardage at halftime. We gave VT their season average at halftime. We gave up 600 yards in 3 quarters vs UVA. We gave up 42 points to Pitt. BC scored double their previous high in ACC play. We have had 5+ players have career days against us. We got the ball at midfield twice on failed onside kicks and went 3 and out and 4 and out. We ran on 3rd and 20+ then went for it at 4th and 19. We ran 25 seconds off the clock with two timeouts and under a minute in the first.

We are a bad football team and a bad program and I feel bad about it,
Hats off to those 5+ really really really good football players- some of the best in the entire universe of college football LOL

GTBlaze

Banned
It’s pretty sad that I could not even find the game on tv to watch where I live. I have kind of a luxury where I live with cable because I get all of the Bally sports from Florida and Georgia and I also get all games that play on Alabama tv stations.

Where I live is great for college football TV games and I could not even find the Tech game. That’s the first time in 7-8 years that has ever happened which tells me we are at rock rock rock bottom

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I have a feeling GIbbs is using the portal when the season ends. He's been openly frustrated on the field and on the sidelines. He has one season left before he can go pro, and it just looks like he's ready to use it on a team that will make full use of his talents as well as play meaningful games. Hope I'm wrong, but it does not appear he enjoys playing here anymore.
I would understand if he went into the portal but I don't think he will. He is a big reason McGowan transfered here by talking up the program. If he is that high on the program last year, I can't imagine it would change that much going into this year. He might be more frustrated at some aspects than last year but probably not enough to transfer.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw a lot of nifty plays well executed. But it does seem like our OC cannot make adjustments after the defense has made adjustments.

A season highlight film would show half the plays of Gibbs and the whole rest of the team the other half. Please don't talk of Gibbs transferring. It gives me the horrors.

I really want Sims to take over at some point, but as of now, I'd say Yates gives us a better chance of winning. He did make some SIms-like errors. That mainly shows how important hurrying a quarterback is.

Bedford said once last week and again this week on those plays where someone was wide open deep that the safety had come up in run support. Still, as has been the case all year, the bigger issue is no pressure.

We only have to make it through two more times of Saturday torture. And unlike the last four times, we will not be teased into thinking we might get a win until the very end. We'll know before we finish our first beer.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Okay, 52 seconds left in the first half, and two time outs. We watch the time tick away until we call our first and only one after going out of bounds with three seconds left. I'm thinking that might really be the worst time management at the end of a half I have ever seen.
Unfortunately consistent and predictable. We also took a time out (again when we were behind) when we could not decide on a play in the red zone, and we needed that time out at the end. Again consistent and predictable poor clock management.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I really don't give a crap about how anyone may play at the next level. The next level has no interest to me.
Just to make a point though, if they are going to play at the next level, that means they are pretty good at the level we care about. Not saying if I think 3 will play at the next level, just pointing out a bit of an inconsistency

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I am sure there is way more wrong with the coaching than what I am seeing, but here goes with my opinion. The coaches are dedicated to a very specific system/scheme, both OC and DC. They seem unbendable. The Ohio States, Alabamas, and Georgies have the talent to be successful with most any solid plan. We do not. Our coaches need to evaluate our players skills, strengths, and weaknesses in detail and create the scheme that best uses our talent. (We are doing a really poor job using the playmakers we have). Otherwise you have an infinitely long greatest transition in history. This especially applies when you are copying what others are doing. CPJ created a scheme on O that the talent he could get would fit. With this coaching staff we will at best only get a little better IMO as we cannot recruit our way out..

Animal02

Banned
I am sure there is way more wrong with the coaching than what I am seeing, but here goes with my opinion. The coaches are dedicated to a very specific system/scheme, both OC and DC. They seem unbendable. The Ohio States, Alabamas, and Georgies have the talent to be successful with most any solid plan. We do not. Our coaches need to evaluate our players skills, strengths, and weaknesses in detail and create the scheme that best uses our talent. (We are doing a really poor job using the playmakers we have). Otherwise you have an infinitely long greatest transition in history. This especially applies when you are copying what others are doing. CPJ created a scheme on O that the talent he could get would fit. With this coaching staff we will at best only get a little better IMO as we cannot recruit our way out..
Recruiting our way out of it, gas been a fool's path from day 1. Over half the teams that are consistently ranked in the top 25 recruiting, aren't even ranked

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting our way out of it, gas been a fool's path from day 1. Over half the teams that are consistently ranked in the top 25 recruiting, aren't even ranked
Well, if we could recruit at a top 5 level and had just better than avg coaching, it would pretty much guarantee top 15 success, but anything lower in today’s big boy football requires very good coaching to get in the top 15 consistently & superior coaching if you are below 20th in recruiting. And, what I see is more like bottom 20% coaching acumen. And, we are not ever going to be able to recruit at a top 5 level.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
115 yards in penalties
another 500+ yards for the opponent
two more examples of bad clock management
way too many blown coverages
way too many missed tackles
missed critical money down stops
no pass rush
poor pass protection
late sideline decisions
D adjustments seem to only happen at half time
O adjustments seem to not happen
cannot win with O blocking putting us into run-for-your-life O
spotty kicking game (but great return by Gibbs)
too many poor snaps

Many other failures I'm sure but otherwise our usual elite performance

Animal02

Banned
Well, if we could recruit at a top 5 level and had just better than avg coaching, it would pretty much guarantee top 15 success, but anything lower in today’s big boy football requires very good coaching to get in the top 15 consistently & superior coaching if you are below 20th in recruiting. And, what I see is more like bottom 20% coaching acumen.
There are less than a handful of teams that have consistently ranked in the top five over the last few years.....you can guess who....anyone that thinks Tech is going to compete with them is foolish.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
What a sad game. I feel for our players.
Geoff has lost the fans and the media. If Collins wants to save what ever shred of what he has left of his career he must get rid of thacker.

Is this what Collins meant by elite ??

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
115 yards in penalties
another 500+ yards for the opponent
two more examples of bad clock management
way too many blown coverages
way too many missed tackles
missed critical money down stops
no pass rush
poor pass protection
late sideline decisions
D adjustments seem to only happen at half time
O adjustments seem to not happen
cannot win with O blocking putting us into run-for-your-life O
spotty kicking game (but great return by Gibbs)
too many poor snaps

Many other failures I'm sure but otherwise our usual elite performance

This is a pretty damning -- and accurate -- list. And it could be made almost any week.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Again, something that doesn’t come across as disingenuous. “Tre had a tough outing today. We need him to play better if we are going to win. But look, it’s not all on him…” and then give examples of other problems without calling out players.
Totally agree. There's no need to talk about how great a kid is when he clearly had a bad day.