way too many missed tackles
missed critical money down stops
no pass rush
poor pass protection
late sideline decisions
D adjustments seem to only happen at half time
O adjustments seem to not happen
cannot win with O blocking putting us into run-for-your-life O
spotty kicking game (but great return by Gibbs)
too many poor snaps

Many other failures I'm sure but otherwise our usual elite performance

If by “elite” you mean making other teams’ offenses look elite, we’re the most elite team in the country!

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Usually we get a 14 point lead, I’m feeling pretty good. Not the past few years.
When you have horrible pass defense, teams can (and do) score in a hurry. I have never seen a GT defense get beat deep so easily and consistent. I fully realize that lack of a pass rush makes it tough on DBs but get beat on intermediate passes not passes over your head for TDs.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
What a sad game. I feel for our players.
Geoff has lost the fans and the media. If Collins wants to save what ever shred of what he has left of his career he must get rid of thacker.

Is this what Collins meant by elite ??
He wouldn't really know elite if it bit him in the butt. We have one player on our team that is elite and that is Gibbs. To him any team with better players than his are elite.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t wait to watch Bobby Dodd stadium full of red and black in two weeks and we lose by 50+. Unless we find a new OC/DC we will be bottom of the barrel in all of FBS for awhile. Sad times to be a GT fan but hopefully we will turn it around in the next couple of years.
But, will you be there? Do all Tech fans a favor, stay away and never attend another Tech game. We will do quite well without you!

slugboy

Staff member
I’ll throw this out there “in general”

If you go to games or tune in to watch a team that’s won 3 games a year the last two seasons, and runs a strong risk of doing that again, I can’t reasonably call you a fair weather fan. If you watched this team over the past two years, you’re a committed fan.

A lot of us are dealing with this in our own way. Personally, there’s snark that I find tiresome and unfunny, and some logic I find tortured. I’d still rather have as many fans behind the team as we can, even if they’re frustrated or PO’ed.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed. Most if not all just can’t turn off fandom. However we will all agree that if we get a bad product of service then we’ll complain to the manager.

As fans that buy merchandise and tickets.. we are the consumers of that product. Of course if they want no pressure they can take the football team to the intramural field and quit selling tickets and merch.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the first game I have seen where the place kicker got a personal foul penalty. Is there a way to see if that is the first in NCAA history?

And by the way, his missed extra point was because he started his motion too early. A fella sitting in front of me noticed the same thing.

Sad.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Most if not all just can’t turn off fandom.
I sat with my former roommate last night in the gold seats. When we left the game we were grumbling. To illustrate how bad this situation is, he intimated not renewing tickets next year. This is someone who endured the Curry years, (we went to Birmingham together for the Hall of Fame Bowl), the BL years. (Did not go to a bowl game;)) And this is worse than all of that.

As one who can't turn off my fandom, I think next year will find me in much better seats.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sna
This is the first game I have seen where the place kicker got a personal foul penalty. Is there a way to see if that is the first in NCAA history?

And by the way, his missed extra point was because he started his motion too early. A fella sitting in front of me noticed the same thing.
Snap was a little off and holder had a little trouble getting it down. Just a slight timing problem. Ball was a little tilted on the hold.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
But, will you be there? Do all Tech fans a favor, stay away and never attend another Tech game. We will do quite well without you!
Nice way to ask a Tech guy not to show up , we have so many fans wanting to get season tickets as we sale out all our games . Oh CGC please go watch the game films for ND . I hear they have a top 10 QB that will make 11 we will have faced .

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Have we talked about the long 3rd down pass they completed in the 4th quarter where the WR bobbled the pass and then caught it out-of-bounds on his back? That looked like some real b.s. officiating From my seat. And the BC OL held almost as much as during the infamous Matty Ice game, not called a single freaking time.

Animal02

Banned
Have we talked about the long 3rd down pass they completed in the 4th quarter where the WR bobbled the pass and then caught it out-of-bounds on his back? That looked like some real b.s. officiating From my seat. And the BC OL held almost as much as during the infamous Matty Ice game, not called a single freaking time.
It was a good call and catch. As for holding, they could call holding on every play of every game.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Just read that was the smallest home crowd since 1989…ouch. So that means every home game in 1994 had greater attendance :oops:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m not really sure why a coach would say something like this

1636934837749.png