OK, #BCvsGT Postgame. BC wins 41-30

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Oh and he said #3 is a “big, big, big time player” in the program when asked how receiver got so far behind him. Then said #3 would do really good at the next level. I hope he can but damn have I been watching something different all year?! He alluded that he was hurt all week, if so why play him.

GTBlaze

Banned
As much as I have disliked the OC since day one we are still putting up somewhat decent yardage numbers with a garbage OL

If we actually had a little above average defense we would be bowling this season

If we actually had an above average offensive line and an above average defense, we could actually br a pretty good team

The DC has to go and the OL coach has to go

I would give the OC one more season

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
As much as I have disliked the OC since day one we are still putting up somewhat decent yardage numbers with a garbage OL

If we actually had a little above average defense we would be bowling this season

If we actually had an above average offensive line and an above average defense, we could actually br a pretty good team

The DC has to go and the OL coach has to go

I would give the OC one more season
No no no… do NOT give CDP a pass. The play calling in crucial situations is horrendous. Don’t make me break out the tape. Just rewatch today after the script ends and he actually has to call plays on a whim. There is a reason our offenses stalls out after the first 2 series or so.

JACKET26

Georgia Tech Fan
Defense is losing us games. We’ve given up and average of 38 points last 6 games.

Yes our offense is sloppy and makes bad decisions and is inconsistent. But at the end of the day, they still put up 30+ points a game on average. That would win most games with a mediocre defense. But we don’t even have that. Thacker is in over his head.

I think DP deserves another season as OC but DC needs to go. Next season is bowl or bust for CGC. Unfortunately though he has to get through Ole Miss, UCF, and FSU (all teams we don’t normally play) plus Clemson and UGA.

Animal02

Banned
Oh and he said #3 is a “big, big, big time player” in the program when asked how receiver got so far behind him. Then said #3 would do really good at the next level. I hope he can but damn have I been watching something different all year?! He alluded that he was hurt all week, if so why play him.
I really don't give a crap about how anyone may play at the next level. The next level has no interest to me.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t imagine Collins not firing Thacker, burton, popovich at the end of the season to try and get some of the pressure off of him. But like others have said, I don’t know what competent DC or coach is coming here to be under Collins as I think he is a dead man walking at the end of next season. I feel like it would have to be someone from div 2 or G5 level looking for a big pay raise, etc. Although I think the next DC will actually have a better roster to do things with after graduation of several players and/or moving on of players. We have too much loyalty to some veteran players that aren’t producing and hurt the team. Maybe it is true that no one behind them is better, which is a really scary thought and means recruiting rankings aren’t matching up.

We looked pretty decent offensively for the first part of the game, but I’ve come to the conclusion that CDP comes in every game with a script of about 10 plays. Those 10 plays work and then after we are done with them, and he didn’t plan for anything else, so we just start guessing at things to see what will work and start looking completely lost. You can see this with how we always have to burn timeouts as our offensive staff can’t figure out what play to run so our play clock runs out and we look panicked.

I wanted Collins to succeed. I think he brought an energy/excitement to GT on a national scene, which is a good thing. But at this point I have zero confidence in his actual coaching ability and his blind loyalty to coaches and players. There’s nothing wrong with supporting your guys but at the end of the day you’re the boss and you’re paid to win games not be everyone’s best friend and cheerleader.

If no changes are made at the end of the season, good luck getting more than 10K fans to games next season. Who knows, maybe he will prove us all wrong and have some miracle season next year, but 3 wins seems like a safe bet for some reason.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had that same question. When a guy is hurt and misses practice, when is the healthy back up better than an injured starter. It should have been obvious on the first touchdown. I could see playing him if he was recovering from a cold or stomach virus but not a physical injury. Those DB's are on an island and need to be as close to 100% as possible. It's a tough position.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The first couple of series looked good. We were getting Gibbs in space, letting him do what he is best at. It was working. Somehow, we stopped doing that and started tripping over ourselves again. Play calling is still baffling at times.
Most good coaches makes the other team pay until they change/adjust. We save them the trouble & we change to see if something else, like Gibbs on a dive, works also. We’ll try that & fail 6-8 times just to confirm it doesn’t work. Bafffling.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
tire fire GIF

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I actually watched his presser which I usually don't. He looked defeated. I also watched the interviews with Yates and Gibbs. I could not hear Gibbs. He looked totally dejected with his hoodie pulled up. Not sure he stays another year.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I can’t wait to watch Bobby Dodd stadium full of red and black in two weeks and we lose by 50+. Unless we find a new OC/DC we will be bottom of the barrel in all of FBS for awhile. Sad times to be a GT fan but hopefully we will turn it around in the next couple of years.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I actually watched his presser which I usually don't. He looked defeated. I also watched the interviews with Yates and Gibbs. I could not hear Gibbs. He looked totally dejected with his hoodie pulled up. Not sure he stays another year.
If I was him I would transfer. He’s easily one of the best backs in the country and probably a guaranteed nfl draft pick…might as well try and finish your college career at a winning program and improve your stock. But as a fan I hope he stays