Official Offseason Uni Thread

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Blue should never have been made a tertiary color. Although various coaches used blue jerseys periodically over the years (why, I don't know), until blue was made the tertiary color, all trim on all uniforms and helmets and caps was black, not blue.
This is just wrong, and you've been shown where it's wrong numerous times. Navy blue was actually the first official 3rd color for Georgia Tech over 100 years ago. I have ZERO interest in any part of black as our color scheme. Simply not interested in black.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Blue should never have been made a tertiary color. Although various coaches used blue jerseys periodically over the years (why, I don't know), until blue was made the tertiary color, all trim on all uniforms and helmets and caps was black, not blue.

Speaking of history, I wonder what shade of white or gold these uniforms were...

1917GT.jpg

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of history, I wonder what shade of white or gold these uniforms were...

View attachment 3400
Don't know but when Coach Dodd became the head coach in the mid 1940s one of the first things he did was change the color scheme from a "mustard gold" (his words) to a blue and gold look. He claimed that the new uniforms were worth a touchdown. Don't know about that but I do know that Coach Johnson has said on more than one occasion that he has never seen a fan base more obsessed with uniform colors. If he only knew this has been going on since about the time he was in high school.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Prediction.....few will be blown away and love the “new” gold. Some will say it’s good, some will say “meh let’s just win”, the rest will hate it and rail about a missed opportunity to get it right.

I’m already saying, “Meh, let’s win.” Alabama hasn’t changed their uniforms since Moby **** was a minnow and they can still recruit and they can still win. I bet their fan base doesn’t give two ****s about changing their uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m already saying, “Meh, let’s win.” Alabama hasn’t changed their uniforms since Moby **** was a minnow and they can still recruit and they can still win. I bet their fan base doesn’t give two ****s about changing their uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don’t need uniforms to help recruit, we do to an extent. It’s two completely different things when comparing Bama and GT.

This is just wrong, and you've been shown where it's wrong numerous times. Navy blue was actually the first official 3rd color for Georgia Tech over 100 years ago. I have ZERO interest in any part of black as our color scheme. Simply not interested in black.
Actually I have never read anywhere what Tech' s "official 3rd color" was designated anywhere more than 100 years ago. In fact, almost every college football uniform looked so much alike that it was often difficult to distinguish one team from the other. Look at photos from the 1929 Rose Bowl. Of course they are all in black and white, so it's impossible to know what the actual colors were, but Tech had dark jerseys (black? blue? brown? who knows?) with light pants (probably light brown). Cal had similar looking pants and a a less dark jersey. I'm not sure when college teams actually started wearing uniforms with the "official" school colors, but I don't think Tech did until at least the 30s. And as I have said (and it's obvious from photos) by the 50s, regardless of the rare use of blue jerseys, the trim on the numbers and stripes on the jerseys, pants, and helmets was black, not blue.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen more than one person tell everyone to calm down about the gold on the pro day shirts discussion, but I don’t think anyone is freaking out personally. I think people are just having a conversation about it, after all that’s what this thread is about.