Official Offseason Uni Thread

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Blue should never have been made a tertiary color. Although various coaches used blue jerseys periodically over the years (why, I don't know), until blue was made the tertiary color, all trim on all uniforms and helmets and caps was black, not blue.
I’d be fine with black over blue. I would love a all black uniform for special occasions.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Got this ad last night on IG. Very tempted to buy these

424CDC28-65BC-45B8-B9EB-17BED9473417.jpeg
35D01530-2698-48CB-B488-43AABE20F536.jpeg

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
this is not the new gold and we are not eliminating navy and going to black. this was just something the players wanted specific for pro day and kids and recruits love all the different garb. You folks need to relax. Adidas is going to take us to the next level on apparel for players and that is what helps recruiting. Our uniforms will be white and gold as tradition with an occasional alternate uni mixed in. Enjoy the step up from Russell.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
My grandfather played for the 1925 Michigan team. (175 pound fullback which was normal back then) On their panoramic team photo (the full photo from which I took my avatar, btw) the guy on the left side of the team sprinted behind the team once the photographer opened his lens and started panning right. He ended up in the picture twice. True story.

I did the same when I was a Good Humor ice cream driver/salesman in 1962 in Washington, DC, I am in picture on extreme left and extreme right.
(Politically, you might say I ended up on the right.)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
So you would rather be the Duke of Atlanta? And yes, I realize that Duke's blue is not Navy Blue, but the point remains the same. Going to blue, we lose our identity IMO
No one is arguing for Blue to be anything more than the tertiary color. In no way would we lose our identity for following the same color scheme as we have had for years

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So you would rather be the Duke of Atlanta? And yes, I realize that Duke's blue is not Navy Blue, but the point remains the same. Going to blue, we lose our identity IMO

We have more history, and certainly more recent history, in navy than in black.

Navy and gold looks better than black and gold. Compare us, Navy, Notre Dame vs Wake, Colorado, Vandy.

Navy and gold > black and gold.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope Tech goes with 4 colors as their Team Colors, Gold, White, Blue, Flat Black. no primary or secondary colors.
Also modernize the GT a bit so it includes all 4 colors. Change Buzz, endzones, do it all.
They should make major changes, forget the past, they need to take opportunity to re-brand.
So far it sounds like they are emphasizing "NEW" gold, sounds good, forget about the right shade of gold from the past, start new.

We have more history, and certainly more recent history, in navy than in black.

Navy and gold looks better than black and gold. Compare us, Navy, Notre Dame vs Wake, Colorado, Vandy.

Navy and gold > black and gold.
I guess we must agree to disagree. Although I do think the unis worn in 1990 and in the 2014 Orange Bowl look good, I simply think that black and gold looks better. The "black watch" unis were awesome looking.