Official Offseason Uni Thread

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Per terms of the contract, Adidas has agreed to pay the Washington Huskies $5.275 million annually in cash, $5.58 million annually in product and $1.1 million annually for marketing.

GT's deal with Adidas is to pay 200,000 annually in cash, 3.05 million annually in product.

IMHO Tech's Adidas deal is a perfect example of waiting too long to do something and losing all leverage in the process. Bottomline for GT: Tech got screwed again by their unreasonable devotion to the Russell brand. Hopefully we are in a better position the next go around.

Link
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-h...th-adidas/
I don't see GT as the same tier as Washington currently. No matter how much leverage GT let slip we still wouldn't have gotten the deal Washington got.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I don't see GT as the same tier as Washington currently. No matter how much leverage GT let slip we still wouldn't have gotten the deal Washington got.
Our current deal pays us like we should be in the G5 conf... say.. like Mountian West or AAC... it is embarrassing for program with such a rich tradition in multiple men's and women's sports... Who knows maybe we will move down to a G5 conf before to long...especially since we are not even the same tier as a PAC 12 team with less tradition and history as the Ramblin Wreck!! Sad.

Last edited:

GTFLETCH

Banned
GT's deal with Adidas is to pay 200,000 annually in "cash over the six-year contract," while the "allowance for gear" will average 2.9 million annually in product.
6 yr deal for 18.6M or 3.11M per year
Link
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com...6/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Georgia-Tech.aspx

How we stack up vs P-5 programs

UCLA & Under Armour: 15 years, $280 million
Ohio State & Nike: 15 years, $252 million
Texas & Nike: 15 years, $250 million
Kansas & Adidas: 14 years, $191 million
Michigan & Nike: 15 years, $173.8 million
Louisville & Adidas: 10 years, $160 million
Nebraska & Adidas: 11 years, $128 million
Washington & Adidas: 10 years, $120 million

How we stack up vs G-5 programs
Cincy & Under Armour: 10 year, $47 Million or $4.695 million per year (1 million in cash and $3.5 million equipment)
UConn & Nike: 6 years, $32.45 million or $5.4 million per year (1.5 million in cash and $3.9 million in equipment)
USF & Adidas: 8 years, $23.6 million or $2.95 million (150,000 in cash and $2.9 million in equipment)
Boise St. & Nike: 6 years, $7.65 million or $1.275 million (50,000 in cash and $1.25 million in equipment)

Also the University of Houston announced Friday a partnership that will make Jordan Brand as the new apparel provider for the men's basketball team.
Link
https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-basketball-joins-the-Jordan-Brand-12812109.php

Again IMHO Tech's Adidas deal is a perfect example of waiting too long to do something and losing all leverage in the process. Bottomline for GT 6 year deal looks alot like USF new 8 Year Deal.... Why an ACC P-5 team is only worth 50K more than a G5 team is beyond me.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Merged two different uni threads together.

For those who didn't visit the one in the College & Pro Sports Forum, some prior posts include
  • Florida switching to Jumpman
  • Washington's blockbuster deal with Adidas
  • Nike issues brand new uniforms to Illinois... that are the same as Syracuse's... and still terrible... go team Nike

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
GT's deal with Adidas is to pay 200,000 annually in "cash over the six-year contract," while the "allowance for gear" will average 2.9 million annually in product.
6 yr deal for 18.6M or 3.11M per year
Link
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com...6/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Georgia-Tech.aspx

How we stack up vs P-5 programs

UCLA & Under Armour: 15 years, $280 million
Ohio State & Nike: 15 years, $252 million
Texas & Nike: 15 years, $250 million
Kansas & Adidas: 14 years, $191 million
Michigan & Nike: 15 years, $173.8 million
Louisville & Adidas: 10 years, $160 million
Nebraska & Adidas: 11 years, $128 million
Washington & Adidas: 10 years, $120 million

How we stack up vs G-5 programs
Cincy & Under Armour: 10 year, $47 Million or $4.695 million per year (1 million in cash and $3.5 million equipment)
UConn & Nike: 6 years, $32.45 million or $5.4 million per year (1.5 million in cash and $3.9 million in equipment)
USF & Adidas: 8 years, $23.6 million or $2.95 million (150,000 in cash and $2.9 million in equipment)
Boise St. & Nike: 6 years, $7.65 million or $1.275 million (50,000 in cash and $1.25 million in equipment)

Also the University of Houston announced Friday a partnership that will make Jordan Brand as the new apparel provider for the men's basketball team.
Link
https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-basketball-joins-the-Jordan-Brand-12812109.php

Again IMHO Tech's Adidas deal is a perfect example of waiting too long to do something and losing all leverage in the process. Bottomline for GT 6 year deal looks alot like USF new 8 Year Deal.... Why an ACC P-5 team is only worth 50K more than a G5 team is beyond me.
I’m just grateful we will no longer be with the R.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just thought I'd show you guys the full picture of the team my grand dad played for in 1926. Bottom row, middle. (see my avatar to the left).

grandymichteam1925_zpsrjn5klzu.jpg