Official Offseason Uni Thread

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The bookstore told me they didn’t care what the AA did with Adidas. The bookstore was going to continue with UA, Nike, etc. I’m not sure they have the best info or understand how things work.
Makes sense, they ain't going to stop selling anything else just because the AA has a contract with Adidas. Not sure why anyone would think that would be the case.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I was told by someone at the bookstore that the emphasis will be on gold, the only reason we have blue is Paul Johnson.
This could become interesting. If Paul Johnson shows up on the sidelines wearing blue, after all the angst about choosing a correct shade of gold, I wonder what TStan will think. So do the fans wear blue or gold?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This could become interesting. If Paul Johnson shows up on the sidelines wearing blue, after all the angst about choosing a correct shade of gold, I wonder what TStan will think. So do the fans wear blue or gold?
Fans were something with GT or Georgia Tech on it regardless of color! [emoji3]

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You guys are going to have to get used to navy. No doubt we will have navy alternate uniforms. Plus the athletes like navy. I swear people will complain about anything. Just be thankful we now have a brand fans and athletes will love and this is such an upgrade.
Of course we are gonna have some navy but it's not a MAIN color and I'm sure plenty of players like the gold.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Here's a response from someone close to the situation:

Respectively, whoever gave you that information has some really bad sources. The bookstore has been working closely with adidas and ordered about a million dollars worth of product. Adidas will have a prominent and dominant presence in bookstore. That'll happen over the course of July as shipments arrive and they turn over the store for new school year.

The only reason we have blue apparel is Paul Johnson? Unless he has a time machine and made it one of the three official school colors in 1891, that is patently false. There is not a head coach in the country with the power to dictate retail decisions. Across the board (not just GT), blue is the best-selling color for apparel makers. Go to Target, Macy's, Walmart, Nordstrom, etc., and you're likely to see more blue than any other color. There's a demand, so they are going to supply it. It's a business.

Coach Johnson wears blue (like he did when winning a lot of games at Georgia Southern and Navy) to be spotted easily by officials and players on the sideline. You'll notice that defensive coaches calling plays also wear an alternate color.

Tell your friends that there will be a ton of choices for apparel over the next few years (not everything will come out this month), and people won't be happy with every single item, I bet there will be items that will make them happy. Buy those!