Official Offseason Thread

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
upload_2016-7-11_9-26-27.png

Anyone see this? Thought it was cool.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Read the details of the most recent arrest. You really can't make this stuff up. Kirby has zero control.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... Ledbetter got lucky on the 1st go around (arrest) and had charges dropped. To not figure it out and get popped for a DUI (forget the underage stuff) less than 4 months later tells me he has some issues that I hope he gets corrected in his life.
I know that Uber works in Athens...

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
He won't be around much longer. His teammates will make sure of that. Don't think for a second that his car was not full of drunk teammates. I'm sure they bailed on him when he passed out from drinking 2 bud lights... SOS. Pigs don't know pigs stink.

Milwaukee

Banned
I can't speak for anyone else. But here is where I am coming from.

(1) Have I known some great students at uga? Sure. Is everyone there a profligate? Of course not.
(2) Do we get carried away with our uga rhetoric some times because, you know, rivalry? Of course. But it is, in my opinion, nowhere near as out of touch with reality as the stuff I have read on a regular basis on dwag sites.
(3) For me, calling it down the middle does not mean creating a false equivalency between the two schools, which is what it feels like you are doing. Perhaps your sense of fairness compels you to feel you must balance the rhetoric of loyal Tech fans but it still feels like you are stretching a point to the degree that you want others to totally overlook basic facts about arrest records and easy classes at uga.
(4) But I doubt anyone on here is unaware that Tech has had a few discipline problems with players (though not near the record breaking number that uga has) and I also doubt anyone thinks that all Georgia athletes are thugs. I certainly do not.

Well said, finally.