Official Offseason Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Saw this episode last night. I had to rewind it when I realized they were talking about GT players (it was the GT/ND game) as I was working while it was playing in the background:

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...m-gotsis-on-second-episode-of-all-or-nothing/

They also marveled at how big Shamire Devine is. Arizona was like "He's gotta be 6'8 400lbs...and he's playing guard!" I promise you, Shamire may not be talked about in terms of some of the top OL linemen in college football right now, but there are a bunch of NFL eyeballs tracking him. If he puts on a show like he did against FSU in the ACCCG all year, he's going to be drafted higher than Shaq Mason when it's his time for the draft.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Saw this episode last night. I had to rewind it when I realized they were talking about GT players (it was the GT/ND game) as I was working while it was playing in the background:

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...m-gotsis-on-second-episode-of-all-or-nothing/

They also marveled at how big Shamire Devine is. Arizona was like "He's gotta be 6'8 400lbs...and he's playing guard!" I promise you, Shamire may not be talked about in terms of some of the top OL linemen in college football right now, but there are a bunch of NFL eyeballs tracking him. If he puts on a show like he did against FSU in the ACCCG all year, he's going to be drafted higher than Shaq Mason when it's his time for the draft.
Shamire is an All-American waiting to happen.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I grabbed these from the ACC kickoff GT page:

17.93 - The number of yards per completion that Tech QB Justin Thomas averaged last fall, which led the nation. Thomas completed 75 passes for 1,345 yards. The next closest player to Thomas was Vernon Adams of Oregon at 15.73.

77 - The number of total tackles for Georgia Tech LB P.J. Davis. Davis has led the Yellow Jackets in tackles in each of the past two seasons, and with 237 career tackles, ranks fourth among returning ACC players.

168 - The number of career wins for Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson, which places him fifth on the FBS career active list and first among coaches in the ACC.

329 - Georgia Tech led all FBS schools in fewest yards penalized in 2015. The Yellow Jackets were assessed just 329 yards in penalties or just 27.2 yards per game.

All of them reinforce my feeling that we are going to do better than expected this year. Being the least penalized school in the country invokes more pride in me than any of the others. Shows that even though we had a rough year, we stayed very disciplined with a young crew.