Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's a novelty at 1 game a year to drum up interest and excitement. In addition, obviously the opponents picked are the ones we can sell out a 70k stadium at some premium prices. Do you also wonder why the NFL doesn't play the Superbowl every weekend since the ratings are so good?

Tbiheh

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
So a nationally televised game, at night, on ESPN, against a marquee opponent, in a NFL stadium?

That kinda sounds like one game on our schedule for the next five years starting in 2020.
I might have missed it but aside from the Clemson kickoff game, are we guaranteed that all of these games will be at night and on ESPN?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
LISTEN PEOPLE!!! It's not about YOU!!!! It's about the kids, both on the team currently and recruits that we are going after. And guess what, they LOVE the idea of getting to play at MBS every year. Just wait until you see some of the big time commits mention getting to play at MBS as a factor in their decision to come to GT.

Uniforms, Adidas vs. Russell Athletic, the venue you play in - I'm amazed that stuff like this would make a difference in a recruit's choice of school, but I've come to realize that it does. Playing a few games at MBS will help recruiting and bring in more money that we can use for recruiting.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
First I did not complain about CPJ and did not complain about our new coach and stand by him 100%. As far as uniforms I really don't give a rats back end about them didn't think the blue pants looked good but that was my opinion. I just don't like playing in MBS just doesn't seem the same to me as playing at BDS. If you are looking for me to say something good about MBS the bathroom didn't smell.

You're not one of the usual suspects ;) they know who they are.

Animal02

Banned
Didn’t Bobby Cremins do this back in the day when he started coaching? Sure helped our branding in basketball back then..

Edit: Too bad our basketball hasn’t been the same since he left..
Yes several games were played at the Omni when I was a student.......skipped most of them because of the difficultly in getting there. Great way to discourage students from getting involved.....move the game off campus

Animal02

Banned
So a nationally televised game, at night, on ESPN, against a marquee opponent, in a NFL stadium?

That kinda sounds like one game on our schedule for the next five years starting in 2020.
It may be a marquee game to Tech fans......for the rest of the country it will be MEH.......especially if the season goes as so many have predicted.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
One of our recruits said one of the reasons he came to Tech was to play in the Benz?

Yup, I don't think I'll get in trouble for this but this story actually broke a couple of weeks ago on a paysite when a recruit was quoted as saying he was excited about playing in MBS for the next 5 years.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Money talks. Experiencing a game on campus at BDS >>> experiencing a game at MBS, however modern of a stadium it is. It sucks we lose probably our most fun game 3/5 of these years to MBS but hopefully it pays off down the line.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Talk about getting the BAG. This is going to bring in serious money, no matter how much people dislike it.