Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
What a shock that the usual suspects that complain about the new coach, new uniforms, new anything are also the same ones complaining about this. I guess some people just love to be miserable.

LISTEN PEOPLE!!! It's not about YOU!!!! It's about the kids, both on the team currently and recruits that we are going after. And guess what, they LOVE the idea of getting to play at MBS every year. Just wait until you see some of the big time commits mention getting to play at MBS as a factor in their decision to come to GT.

Animal02

Banned
I agree that it’s better at BDS, but I think we all remember JT5 breaking both ankles of the Miss. St. player for a TD in the Orange Bowl. Beating ND in MBS will be a huge deal and every Tech fan will be sure to bring it up in future meeting with ND. We just need to show up and win some of these games for it to be a successful deal.
Difference being it was a bowl game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I have had season tickets for 37 years and the worst mistake Tech made was increasing the seating to 55,000. You want more fans great you'll get more but for which team ?

I wasn't suggesting we add any seats. I wasn't for increasing the size of the stadium to 55,000 in the first place.
I was simply stating the fact that if it held 80,000 there wouldn't be any games in MBS.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What a shock that the usual suspects that complain about the new coach, new uniforms, new anything are also the same ones complaining about this. I guess some people just love to be miserable.

LISTEN PEOPLE!!! It's not about YOU!!!! It's about the kids, both on the team currently and recruits that we are going after. And guess what, they LOVE the idea of getting to play at MBS every year. Just wait until you see some of the big time commits mention getting to play at MBS as a factor in their decision to come to GT.
First I did not complain about CPJ and did not complain about our new coach and stand by him 100%. As far as uniforms I really don't give a rats back end about them didn't think the blue pants looked good but that was my opinion. I just don't like playing in MBS just doesn't seem the same to me as playing at BDS. If you are looking for me to say something good about MBS the bathroom didn't smell.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The rumbling you hear is my mind changing on this. It’s just one game a year. And if CGC keeps growing interest in our program, da Benz could really be a launching pad for our program. This starts to feel like another shrewd marketing move by TStan and Geoff. Hope that turns out to be the case!

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
The rumbling you hear is my mind changing on this. It’s just one game a year. And if CGC keeps growing interest in our program, da Benz could really be a launching pad for our program. This starts to feel like another shrewd marketing move by TStan and Geoff. Hope that turns out to be the case!
This is similar to my perspective. It's just one game, and if we win it will be nice to have the publicity on a bigger scale than what we would get for a regular win at BDS. I hope it's a shrewd marketing move. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn’t Bobby Cremins do this back in the day when he started coaching? Sure helped our branding in basketball back then..

Edit: Too bad our basketball hasn’t been the same since he left..

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is similar to my perspective. It's just one game, and if we win it will be nice to have the publicity on a bigger scale than what we would get for a regular win at BDS. I hope it's a shrewd marketing move. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
If we beat Clemson it would not matter where you played .

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member