Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
So how many people were going to travel to south bend vs how many will travel to ATL? I like this. until the mid 90's, Alabama played their major games in Birmingham--45minutes away from campus. Bigger stadium equals bigger payday until Bryant stadium was big enough and nice enough to move all games there. as a STH, I'm willing to see the results before I praise this or bash this idea.
GO JACKETS!!!!! THWg!!!!!!

Milwaukee

Banned
So the 2022 Clemson game will be a neutral site game. Have they said whether the other games "hosted" by GT will be treated as home games with GT in control or neutral games?

All big games at BDS are neutral games anyway, we get taken over by opposing fans for the big games. I was pleasantly surprised by our turnout vs Tennessee at MBS.

This is awesome work by TStan and Geoff.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that the Clemson game is a CFA game. I didn’t listen to the presser. They’re not gonna make this into a non conference Gabe like Unc and Wake are they? Just interesting they’d host a conference game.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I like this a lot. Big games against big opponents being held on a big stage. We'll get a lot of media coverage and it may even set up for Gameday if we happen to have enough hype behind one of these games. Not to mention these games won't be a noon kickoff on ESPNU, they'll be primetime exposure. The increased sales will also benefit us majorly. Then they made sure to quiet concerns with this quote:
All five games will be included in Georgia Tech's season-ticket packages and GT season-ticket members will have priority access to preferred seating options (including premium seating), as well as parking.

The only real negative is that we lose one game in BDS. But this aligns us with Atlanta's sports teams even further. We're the only team to play at this stadium for each of the next 5 years. Why? Because we're Atlanta's college football team!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I like this a lot. Big games against big opponents being held on a big stage. We'll get a lot of media coverage and it may even set up for Gameday if we happen to have enough hype behind one of these games. Not to mention these games won't be a noon kickoff on ESPNU, they'll be primetime exposure. The increased sales will also benefit us majorly. Then they made sure to quiet concerns with this quote:

The only real negative is that we lose one game in BDS. But this aligns us with Atlanta's sports teams even further. We're the only team to play at this stadium for each of the next 5 years. Why? Because we're Atlanta's college football team!
Also... "As an immediate benefit to Yellow Jackets fans, all 2019 Georgia Tech football season-ticket members will have first priority to lower-level seats for the 2020 game versus Notre Dame (2019 Georgia Tech season tickets start at just $219 for seven home games – click HERE for more information and to purchase online)."

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Q. I didn’t like my seat for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game versus Tennessee at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Will the setup be the same for these games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium?
A. No. The 2020 (vs. Notre Dame), 2021 (TBA), 2023 (TBA) and 2024 (Notre Dame) games will be Georgia Tech home games, meaning that Tech will have nearly the entire stadium’s inventory to make available to its fans.

For the 2022 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game (vs. Clemson), Georgia Tech will have access to a wider variety of seating options than it did for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Game against Tennessee, while Clemson will receive a visitor’s ticket allotment (for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Georgia Tech and Tennessee received equal ticket allotments, which made the seating options that GT could offer its fans more limited).

Therefore, for all five games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Georgia Tech season-ticket members will have priority access to preferred seating options, including premium seating inventory (club seats and suites).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Q. When will the dates and opponents for the 2021 and 2023 games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium be announced?
A. Dates and opponents for Georgia Tech’s 2021 and 2023 games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be announced after those seasons’ ACC schedules are finalized, which will likely be in January of 2021 and ’23. Georgia Tech’s annual regular-season finale versus archrival Georgia is not a candidate to be played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium – “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate” will be played as scheduled at Bobby Dodd Stadium in ’21 and ‘23.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Two games in Atlanta against Notre Dame in 4 years. I wonder if this means that they gave up one of their home games in order to have two "neutral" games in Atlanta. That could arguably be a good move for them in recruiting, if not financially too.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I am afraid some of you haven't quite grasped what CGC and TStan are building, but you will soon enough!

Please. We already play in Atlanta with the skyline as our backdrop. This is a money grab pure and simple. I hope it's worth it.