OC Hire

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Back to the OC hire:

+ Collins said coaches would be announced after their bowl games. I think that’s accurate, and we won’t see pro coaches
+ Godsey coaches for the Detroit Lions. If we are waiting to announce, their season ends this weekend. Think it’s unlikely. Pro salaries are pretty stout, also. I’m not expecting Godsey, but if there’s a pro exception, he makes the most sense.
+ Toledo’s bowl game happened (Bahamas Bowl, 5 days ago). I don’t think any of their coaches are coming, or the announcement would be out.
+ Memphis, Buffalo, Houston, and others are out based on the same reasoning.
+ Could be wrong and Collins could be waiting until our bowl game for other announcements, but then why announce Choice?
+ Temple plays on the 27th.
+ Key will be coaching in the playoffs. He’d be expensive for a position + assistant HC hire.

After tomorrow, if there are gaps in the staff, we should have a good idea where they’re coming from. By the 28th, I expect a lot of the staff, if not most, announced.

Let’s see how surprised I am by Sunday evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mean he hasn’t been in Atlanta since this weekend. So that’s probably the reason nothing has been officially announced.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Back to the OC hire:

+ Collins said coaches would be announced after their bowl games. I think that’s accurate, and we won’t see pro coaches
+ Godsey coaches for the Detroit Lions. If we are waiting to announce, their season ends this weekend. Think it’s unlikely. Pro salaries are pretty stout, also. I’m not expecting Godsey, but if there’s a pro exception, he makes the most sense.
+ Toledo’s bowl game happened (Bahamas Bowl, 5 days ago). I don’t think any of their coaches are coming, or the announcement would be out.
+ Could be wrong and Collins could be waiting until our bowl game for other announcements, but then why announce Choice?
+ Key will be coaching in the playoffs. He’d be expensive for a position + assistant HC hire.

After tomorrow, if there are gaps in the staff, we should have a good idea where they’re coming from. By the 28th, I expect a lot of the staff, if not most, announced.

CGC is in Detroit for the bowl game.

Godsey works for the Detroit Lions.

CGC needs a QB coach. CGC needs a TE coach. CGC needs an OC.

Godsey was a QB for GT. Godsey is a QB coach for Detroit. Godsey was a TE coach for the Patriots. Godsey was an OC for the Texans and UCF.

Begin wild speculation.

(Their current location is just coincidence, but don't let that get in the way of some last minute speculation because GTSwarm...)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He may have better pieces to play with, but he will also face better competition with our schedule. We will have to get our new offense installed quickly. CGC is correct that we will need or defense and special teams to play way above average for us to be successful in the next couple of years.

If we need our weakness to be our strength the first two years....the first two years may be rough.

slugboy

Staff member
I mean he hasn’t been in Atlanta since this weekend. So that’s probably the reason nothing has been officially announced.

Collins does seem to like making news. Maybe you’re right, but I think Collins can make or organize announcements from wherever he is.

CGC is in Detroit for the bowl game.

Godsey works for the Detroit Lions.

CGC needs a QB coach. CGC needs a TE coach. CGC needs an OC.

Godsey was a QB for GT. Godsey is a QB coach for Detroit. Godsey was a TE coach for the Patriots. Godsey was an OC for the Texans and UCF.

Begin wild speculation.

(Their current location is just coincidence, but don't let that get in the way of some last minute speculation because GTSwarm...)

That’s pretty wild speculation. I think Pro QB coach is about an even move to College OC. I’d be surprised to see him move to a position coaching position.

Also, I’m not sure of Godsey’s recruiting reputation, and coaches that‘s a big emphasis for Collins.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If the m Temple guy coming it's ok as long as he has a nickname. If not he is OCP.

Love the way this is being done. Classy and keeps us in news.
So far so good.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Back to the OC hire:

Are we not getting Dixon off of Toledo?

slugboy

Staff member
Are we not getting Dixon off of Toledo?

Dixon as receivers coach was already announced after Toledo’s bowl game. There was (possibly idle) speculation about Brian Wright, Toledo’s OC, and I was talking about that.

slugboy

Staff member
152fd297df7f96f42e624c2cfaad960a.jpg

(Possibly my replies will explode here)

slugboy

Staff member
But we still don't know for certain that Patenaude is the OC, right? But he must be - he wouldn't take a demotion, right?

Manny Diaz will probably bring in his own people at Temple, so Patanaude’s current position isn’t guaranteed.

But I would expect OC.

Would be interesting if it wasn’t announced tomorrow. More chaotic speculation.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Definitely unconfirmed... I made that comment about Brent Key on Reddit as a complete guess. Did hear that KQ is reporting a name, but not sure who it is.

Did you notice the other stuff from Temple fans in that thread about Patenaude not getting along with his players? I wonder how much of that is sour grapes?