OC Hire

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
People have implied that we are getting a better S&C program.

I think we have a much much better one than we did. Absent facts, I think the off season S&C will have about the same results.
My biggest complaint has been player development. S&C plays a huge role in that. In terms of strength and size, we just aren’t developing at the scale I would expect. Gailey was much better at spotting solid 2/3 star guys, building strong frames, and employing good Assistant Coaches to coach them up. Gary Guyton, KaMichael Hall, Phil Wheeler, Andrew Gardner, Vance Walker, Darryl Richard, Michael Johnson were not top tier recruits, but all of them bought into our S&C program and were drafted. Not trying to crap on PJ because he did a lot of other things really well, but that narrative has been nearly non existent under PJ.

TheTimes

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve long held the belief through my personal experiences that guys will get out of the weight room what they are willing to put in. A bad S&C can impact a team especially when looking at injuries and 4th quarter performances. We all talk about the rigors of the education at Tech and how well a job coach Johnson did graduating players, could that possibly have a negative impact on guys eating like they should and getting in the extra work needed to see obvious gains?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He was never coming here. Plus, given how it ended at Baylor, GT would never approve the hire.

GT brass dealing with too much internal stinch from the administration to hire external stinch for football.

Plus I don’t think he fits what Coach Collins wants from his team anyway. I could be wrong about that though.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I mean. Did you see Will Bryan? He sure did/does.[/QUO
Wish Will had a 5th year.
But it was burned in the 3-9 2015 year when we the returning dominant 2014 ol was not getting it done. The pic of WB was from a couple of years ago. He lost any body fat to play tackle. Too bad he got injured and sewak decided to not move him back to rg to give younger guys p t.

Here's a picture of the open voluntary work out from mid year.
(Note the crowd- ?? Maybe this will e more crowded after January 1) . Will B still has dream of a good pro day , a strength training certification on top of gt degree. They broke the mold when they made this this son of a uga o linemen .
Can u imagine how CGC wiuld have hyped getting uga kinemens son to gt football!
7400.jpeg

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Appearances can be deceiving. I’m sure Will Bryan is a great physical specimen of an offensive lineman, as well as a great young man. He’s also a good student. However, the fact of the matter is that he got beat out for playing time.

Some folks on this board—wannabe coaches, I assume—just fail to accept the latter.

Jmonty71

Banned
Just as long as it isn't Sark.... I mean, the guy will need a job, after the Falcons fire his dumb azz... Oh wait... I forget, I expect results... The Falcons don't. Never mind, Sark will still have a job.

slugboy

Staff member
Back to the OC hire:

+ Collins said coaches would be announced after their bowl games. I think that’s accurate, and we won’t see pro coaches
+ Godsey coaches for the Detroit Lions. If we are waiting to announce, their season ends this weekend. Think it’s unlikely. Pro salaries are pretty stout, also. I’m not expecting Godsey, but if there’s a pro exception, he makes the most sense.
+ Toledo’s bowl game happened (Bahamas Bowl, 5 days ago). I don’t think any of their coaches are coming, or the announcement would be out.
+ Memphis, Buffalo, Houston, and others are out based on the same reasoning.
+ Could be wrong and Collins could be waiting until our bowl game for other announcements, but then why announce Choice?
+ Temple plays on the 27th.
+ Key will be coaching in the playoffs. He’d be expensive for a position + assistant HC hire.

After tomorrow, if there are gaps in the staff, we should have a good idea where they’re coming from. By the 28th, I expect a lot of the staff, if not most, announced.

Let’s see how surprised I am by Sunday evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Appearances can be deceiving. I’m sure Will Bryan is a great physical specimen of an offensive lineman, as well as a great young man. He’s also a good student. However, the fact of the matter is that he got beat out for playing time.

Some folks on this board—wannabe coaches, I assume—just fail to accept the latter.
Thanks for correcting me .
Saying I wished Will had gotten another shot at rg .
In Duke game after rg and rt wiffed on first play, Will went in right away. (Qb injured)
The boss is not always right.