OC Hire

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That’s not the point. They are still co-coordinators. What you feel they are or are not is your perception, not what’s titled by the school and coaching staff. Just cause you feel a certain way doesn’t change what they are.

Lol. It’s semantics but if you are in love with those semantics....bless you.

I’ll play by your rules for now. I don’t care who our co-coordinators are next year so long as the guy calling the actual plays does a good job. ;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Let Key go recruit at Ball State instead of Bama for 4 years. If he’s still in the top 10 hire him...even if his prior negative recruiting will be thrown in his face with all of his recruits.

He was a strong recruiter at UCF too. That’s what he’s known as, an excellent recruiter.
That’s why Saban made space on his staff to hire him.
“Key, a Trussville, Ala. native, spent six years as UCF's offensive line coach and was known as a talented recruiter.”

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/03/why_nick_saban_shook_up_his_st.html

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He was a strong recruiter at UCF too. That’s what he’s known as, an excellent recruiter.
That’s why Saban made space on his staff to hire him.
“Key, a Trussville, Ala. native, spent six years as UCF's offensive line coach and was known as a talented recruiter.”

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/03/why_nick_saban_shook_up_his_st.html

But was he #2 in the nation at UCF? Nope. We are supposedly stock full of great recruiters now. No reason to saddle ourselves with a recruiter who had to resort to negative recruit against lowly GT by badmouthing his almamater against our prior staff who were inept at recruiting anyway right?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
But was he #2 in the nation at UCF? Nope. We are supposedly stock full of great recruiters now. No reason to saddle ourselves with a recruiter who had to resort to negative recruit against lowly GT by badmouthing his almamater against our prior staff who were inept at recruiting anyway right?

No. You the best recruiter you can possibly get. Get the best coaches you can possibly get.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Bottomline is this:

IT IS RIDICULOUSLY HARD TO RECRUIT TO GT - I don't care what you do at a factory.

If a guy at GT can reel in 3-4 four star players, then he should be #1 in the country in recruiting.
We know. You and others keep repeating it over and over. It's time for real recruiting

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I think some of us need to take a step back and look at this in bigger context: the current staff, full of no name coaches who will largely be pressed to ever coach at another P5 school, has proven to not recruit well or coach well. The assistant coaching in the QuickLane Bowl (and much of the last few years) was terrible. I’m sick of watching crap blocking, tackling, poor reeds, busted coverages, etc. I also think getting a new S&C director was huge given how pathetically frail and unphysical we looked compared to a 6-6 B10 team.

Some of The guys we’re hiring have proven at other P5 schools to be good at the recruiting part. That’s a relative step up from where we are now regardless of how precisely their recruiting at other schools translates at GT.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I'm legit worried about this guy as OC from what I've seen and heard. Guess will just have to trust CGC knows what he is doing until proven otherwise..

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

The replies to that tweet from Temple fans laughing and thanking Tech for possibly taking him off their hands are brutal.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Bottomline is this:

IT IS RIDICULOUSLY HARD TO RECRUIT TO GT - I don't care what you do at a factory.

If a guy at GT can reel in 3-4 four star players, then he should be #1 in the country in recruiting.

What you keep slamming your fist on the table about is nothing more than your negative perception of our program that is simply not based in historical fact. You sound like a fan of a rival of ours.

This program has shown it can recruit at a Top 25 level before yet you choose to completely abandon that more positive narrative in favor of your more negative one. Very hard to understand.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The replies to that tweet from Temple fans laughing and thanking Tech for possibly taking him off their hands are brutal.

On the other hand we know all too well that fans base a lot of coach hate on emotions from game results. And they just took one in the chin vs Duke. The hate is often not based on any true knowledge of ability. Tech fans liked Charles Kelly because of results. FSU fans hated him for same. How good is he really? I have no idea.

Patensude may do very good despite what he did at Temple. I have to admit that nothing about him makes me think he will ever approach Friedgin or CPJ play calling and game management on offense. We shall see.