OC Hire

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kendal Briles is an OC savant. That guy will IMMEDIATELY become the best OC in the SEC. The stuff he did at Baylor, FAU, and Houston is amazing.

Man, that's a grand slam hire by Pruitt. I'm seriously surprised Nick Saban didn't go after him. Briles is going to give the SEC nightmares.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Kendal Briles is an OC savant. That guy will IMMEDIATELY become the best OC in the SEC. The stuff he did at Baylor, FAU, and Houston is amazing.

Man, that's a grand slam hire by Pruitt. I'm seriously surprised Nick Saban didn't go after him. Briles is going to give the SEC nightmares.
2015 baylor was a passing machine and undefeated till last 1/3 season. Then they lost every qb on team and lost 3 of 4 going into thier bowl game against high scoring unc.
Baylor closed practices and put in a totally new offense. It was a WR based wild cat that passed. 670 plus yds on ground and 250 yds passing as they out scored UNC. Pretty amazing coaching.

The baylor disaster was unfolding at this time . Art senior fired 6 months later for failure to report. As far as I know Junior brilles not involved.

Junior brilles
Would be a good oc if we were ready for a wide open passing offense . As other teams like syaracuse and Clemson ramp up passing over next few years , we should have added team speed and can make the switch if needed.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am surprised there hasn’t been more development on the OC front. I would expect Collins to be lining up interviews by now.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
this will be critical. Who does he hire? His current guy runs a lot of I formation with old school FBs. I think if that’s probably not going to be the best fit, and will make the transition / rebuild process even worse.

Let’s assemble some good news / guesses on who this OC could be. Not a wish list or crazy expensive coaches we can’t afford, but logically defended choices.
Tee Martin

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Hoping he goes after Freddie Kitchens (Cleveland Browns) if he doesn't get their HC or another NFL OC job. That would be big.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He probably won’t announce until after the bowl game.

Also Tee Martin wasn’t a bad OC, I don’t think he’ll be at GT though.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He wouldn’t come here for just a rc gig. I’d like to have him. Best Atlanta recruiter there is. His lack of oc success is a risk I’d be willing to take.

I like Tee Martin also for OC. He's better than advertised, and we can't pass up the chance to have him recruit Atlanta.