OC Hire

slugboy

Staff member
I think Cook might be pretty interesting. I’m not sure who we’re looking at.

I’m surprised Matt Canada hasn’t gotten a HC gig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Canada has a good offense, but my god is it annoying to watch when they do 278 shifts pre-snap. Unfortunately, if we are going NFL style then I think we are going to end up with an NFL coach. Just my gut feeling.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping for Goose as OC, no matter who came in as HC. He knows option (Goose is loose) and other stuff too. Fridge was his OC and the Fridge could throw a lot at a defense. Just saying.
As to his firing in Houston , he was the fall guy. Qb injuries lead to a line up of waiver wire and hometown favorites trotting out for their 15 min of fame. My favorite - sight un seen was Tom Savage. With a name like that he was a sure hall of fame guy. Goose was coaching in a whirlwind and got the fans wrath.

I would love goose over some older oc guys (SG). Just make him an attacking guy.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Check his numbers with Sam Darnald.

Tee Martin was the fall guy for poor qb recruiting.

Or maybe he was successful because of good players? JT Daniels was a 5* prospect in highschool that you guys all want and I'm sure Tee was around for his recruitment.

Tee Martin may be a good OC, but his stint at USC didn't prove it, nor did his playcalling with a number 3 overall draft pick under center

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Id much rather have a pure X's and O's OC than a guy that recruits but isn't a great coach. We need balance. I know all of you love the idea of recruiting is everything and *s are all that matters, but that's not true. You need balance, and I hope we get that in an OC.

With that said. Give me Goose or the Ohio OC (Albin I think?)

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to see all of the “expert” suggestions for our team’s next Offensive Coordinator.

LOL

I’m waiting to see how well Coach Collins can recruit a new Offensive Coordinator. As well as a new Defensive Coordinator.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think there is chatter that he is bringing his DC from Temple, a guy from Cartersville who coached at Valdosta State. He seems to be hire a lot of Georgia guys, so I wonder if that is the direction he's going to go with the offense as well.