OC Hire

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Same question people pose about Ken Whisenhunt I'll pose about Brent Key: If you took "GT" out of his resume, would any part of it stand out to you?

No to Brent Key.
I don’t think this holds water, hiring and firing an OC is usually a much cheaper and easier task than a HC.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I've heard the weird vibe on Matt Canada, but he's been successful pretty much everywhere outside of LSU.

I'd be interested to see whether we go with someone like Bob Debesse who could start transitioning us to a traditional college spread....

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Edit to say: I'm an idiot, Will hall was just hired by Tulane, not sure what I was reading. Matt Canada or Debesse both seem to have good offensive minds.

Last edited:

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
What if GC was to go after Tony Elliott? Makes $850,000 at Clemson because they pay 2 OC's. Normally no way he leaves Clemson for Tech and is probably in line for a HC job in the near future anyway, but to get the "Co-" away from his name and be the sole OC?

Pipe dream I know.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
What if GC was to go after Tony Elliott? Makes $850,000 at Clemson because they pay 2 OC's. Normally no way he leaves Clemson for Tech and is probably in line for a HC job in the near future anyway, but to get the "Co-" away from his name and be the sole OC?

Pipe dream I know.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"
He’s a Clemson guy or else I think he would.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Temples offense was pretty interesting he may come with him.

Temple's offense stunk. They were 97th in drives that finished in a score or at least one first down and 98th in drives of four or more plays. If we run the same offense, expect to see a lot of three and outs, because that all it is good at.