OC Hire

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we should also offer the OC job to Bama’s WR coach, RB coach, and TE coach if coaching under Saban is some kind of magic elixir.
Thank you! I’m glad your OPINION is so much better and right lol. Some of y’all crack me up, let’s bash someone’s opinion because it doesn’t align with ours..... especially when we can’t brake film down and show why we have our opinion.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
What? Y’all are the one coming at me about my opinion with y’all opinion (not facts) I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work that way. Generally if you are going to bash my opinion you need to back yours up first.

And what would you like me to brake down?

You think he’d be great. Many disagree. You have spent a lot of time promoting him and asked others to prove he’s incompetent. I don’t care if you like him. But if you challenge others to break down film to show he’s bad you should be willing to do the same to make your point.

Key sucks....change my mind ;)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You think he’d be great. Many disagree. You have spent a lot of time promoting him and asked others to prove he’s incompetent. I don’t care if you like him. But if you challenge others to break down film to show he’s bad you should be willing to do the same to make your point.

Key sucks....change my mind ;)
You must have not read my post where I gave examples of things he does...... also I have not said he would be great one time, did you just assume that? I am not advocating for him to be the main choice either. I think some of y’all see something and disagree with the name so much that y’all make things up that aren’t even being said.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The problem with Derek Dooley is he's a p*ss poor recruiter:rolleyes: He's done a great job at Missouri this season however:cigar:
If the culture of the whole program is going to be recruit first, than I would be okay if we had an OC who was strictly X's and O's since I would hope the rest of the staff would carry the weight. I don't imagine there are too many Venables type coaches out there capable of recruiting to exceptional levels and coaching to exceptional levels. If there is another out there, lets go get him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You must have not read my post where I gave examples of things he does...... also I have not said he would be great one time, did you just assume that? I am not advocating for him to be the main choice either. I think some of y’all see something and disagree with the name so much that y’all make things up that aren’t even being said.

I honestly don’t care if he’s good or not. I’ve heard many consider him to be a good recruiter. Little track record to show he should be any P5 program’s OC.

But his character is what I have a problem with. If he ends up being a great OC let him do it elsewhere.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t care if he’s good or not. I’ve heard many consider him to be a good recruiter. Little track record to show he should be any P5 program’s OC.

But his character is what I have a problem with. If he ends up being a great OC let him do it elsewhere.
I know nothing of his character, I’ve asked people what he did wrong but no one has given anything. Negative recruiting is not a character thing imo, unless it’s just trashing super bad and talking bad about specific people.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I know nothing of his character, I’ve asked people what he did wrong but no one has given anything. Negative recruiting is not a character thing imo, unless it’s just trashing super bad and talking bad about specific people.

The answer you seek is on this board. If you really want to know, you'll just have to search for it.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Brent Key
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-alabama-nick-saban-0108-story.html

I don't see anything he did wrong other than his job.

Only part of the article ;

While Key didn’t have the baggage of Kiffin and Sarkisian, he certainly had lost his mojo in his final year at UCF. It had already been worked out that he would succeed his mentor, George O’Leary, after O’Leary retired following last season. Those plans rapidly disintegrated amid a dreadful, dysfunctional season.

Key was promoted to offensive coordinator before the season and choreographed an offense that ranked dead-last – 127th out of 127 teams – in the country. Injuries ransacked the team. Players quit on the coaches while the coaches fought among themselves. O’Leary battled with the administration about when he would announce his retirement and angrily stepped down in the middle of the season.

“It was a time of self-reflection and analyzing things that were really good and the things that had gone bad,” Key said of that tumultuous time after he was let go by UCF. “Anytime you go through a season like we had, you go through personal challenges. It’s not a time to be down, wallow in self-pity or say, ‘Woe is me.’ It’s a time where you ask yourself, ‘What can I do to make myself a better man, a better husband, a better father figure, a better coach?’”

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Brent Key
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-alabama-nick-saban-0108-story.html

I don't see anything he did wrong other than his job.

Only part of the article ;

While Key didn’t have the baggage of Kiffin and Sarkisian, he certainly had lost his mojo in his final year at UCF. It had already been worked out that he would succeed his mentor, George O’Leary, after O’Leary retired following last season. Those plans rapidly disintegrated amid a dreadful, dysfunctional season.

Key was promoted to offensive coordinator before the season and choreographed an offense that ranked dead-last – 127th out of 127 teams – in the country. Injuries ransacked the team. Players quit on the coaches while the coaches fought among themselves. O’Leary battled with the administration about when he would announce his retirement and angrily stepped down in the middle of the season.

“It was a time of self-reflection and analyzing things that were really good and the things that had gone bad,” Key said of that tumultuous time after he was let go by UCF. “Anytime you go through a season like we had, you go through personal challenges. It’s not a time to be down, wallow in self-pity or say, ‘Woe is me.’ It’s a time where you ask yourself, ‘What can I do to make myself a better man, a better husband, a better father figure, a better coach?’”
Thanks for this, this is why I said things went wrong way beyond Key.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

He didn’t just talk down our football program. That would be fair game. He talked down the school and degree while negative recruiting against us. That shows he’s more of a mercenary than anything. Good luck to him elsewhere.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t just talk down our football program. That would be fair game. He talked down the school and degree while negative recruiting against us. That shows he’s more of a mercenary than anything. Good luck to him elsewhere.
I see, that personally doesn’t bother me, imo that’s just part of the game and he was doing his best to keep players from GT and have them at UCF. But I get how that could bother some.