Notre Dame will not be a cake walk . . .

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Zaire looked LEGIT. I was extremely impressed with him and think that will be the difference in the game. We need to shut him down
Agree need to shut him down. But like Watson, if no pressure, can look phenomenal. Need to pressure and hit him. Hits begin to wear down the QB even as he maybe making completions. Not talking dirty play but pressure in the face causing hurries.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
ND took care of business against a bad team. No different than GT did several times last year and will do several times this year if thing are as we think.

ND is capable of beating us but we are capable of beating them. Nothing has significantly changed one way or the other since before these games.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
ND took care of business against a bad team. No different than GT did several times last year and will do several times this year if thing are as we think.

ND is capable of beating us but we are capable of beating them. Nothing has significantly changed one way or the other since before these games.

I don't see how you can say that what ND did was "no different than GT did several times last year." Name 1, let alone several, pwr 5 opponent that we held to 3pts, let alone to less .3 ppd last year.

Now find one, let alone several, where we came close to that while scoring more than 3.1 ppd in the same game.

The only game that I can remember in CPJ era where we beat a pwr5 or BCS AQ team this soundly was Syracuse in 2013. And I don't think we even came close in any other game over the last 7 years.

So, yeah, it's possible that ND's season ends up like ours from 2013. However, I don't see how you can just assume it. You certainly can't say it's like what we've done several times.

I also don't think we have to make ND bad to see them as beatable. We faced good teams in big venues last year. We don't need to be anxious, but we should expect to play a very good team.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
I am glad for the first time in years that ND won and is perceived as being great.

The time is coming to turn the Yellow Jackets loose. It will be a very tough game and we are probably only 60pct likely to win. I expect an epic battle.

After our game, I hope ND loses every game.

@GTNavyNuke - I hate Notre Dame more than anyone i know...almost as much as I hate the dwags and their idiotic fanbase. But we need Notre Dame to win all of their games after we stomp their @sses. SOS is what will get us in the CFP final four.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't see how you can say that what ND did was "no different than GT did several times last year." Name 1, let alone several, pwr 5 opponent that we held to 3pts, let alone to less .3 ppd last year.

Now find one, let alone several, where we came close to that while scoring more than 3.1 ppd in the same game.

The only game that I can remember in CPJ era where we beat a pwr5 or BCS AQ team this soundly was Syracuse in 2013. And I don't think we even came close in any other game over the last 7 years.

So, yeah, it's possible that ND's season ends up like ours from 2013. However, I don't see how you can just assume it. You certainly can't say it's like what we've done several times.

I also don't think we have to make ND bad to see them as beatable. We faced good teams in big venues last year. We don't need to be anxious, but we should expect to play a very good team.
Texas is about equal with 2013 Syracuse in my book FWIW.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
II can tell you this, GT makes ND fans more nervous than any other team on their schedule and that says a lot considering their loaded schedule. They have problems with Navy every year and they call us Navy on steroids.

Absolutely agree with you on the first part.

Except, their schedule isn't loaded. They've got a bunch of cupcakes. The only ranked teams after us are Clemson and USC. They also have: Temple, Navy and Umass. They are also bottom feeding in the ACC (Wake, BC, Pitt and Virginia). As a whole, the schedule isn't exactly a murder's row.

/

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If we don't beat ourselves we will be there at the end of the game. I expect it to be a war. I think they are probably going to blitz the a gaps like VT often does. I honestly don't think they have the horses to beat us inside so they will have to commit more folks to the middle. This will allow us to hit some plays on the edge.

@Longestday is there any way you can snap a few vines of navy vs notre lame?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to play Scarlett O'hara on this whole thing and think about it sometime Saturday night. I hope our guys do also, though I would bet Johnson is setting aside some time for scheming ND.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is Tech's main problem against ND. We play them too early. If we played them later in the season they could conceivably be ranked as one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the nation. As it is, when Tech beats them, they will lose lots of rating momentum and Tech will lose out on a quality win. :)

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to play Scarlett O'hara on this whole thing and think about it sometime Saturday night. I hope our guys do also, though I would bet Johnson is setting aside some time for scheming ND.
I am guessing CPJ And CTR are but from the team point of view, they have to take one game at a time and concentrate on blasting 2lane. Team focus is TULANE.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This is Tech's main problem against ND. We play them too early. If we played them later in the season they could conceivably be ranked as one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the nation. As it is, when Tech beats them, they will lose lots of rating momentum and Tech will lose out on a quality win. :)

I expect ND will be ranked in the top 10 this week. If they take care of UVA handily, they should secure their place. How high they go may depend on who else loses.

We should be ranked in the top 15 at least when we play them.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@GTNavyNuke - I hate Notre Dame more than anyone i know...almost as much as I hate the dwags and their idiotic fanbase. But we need Notre Dame to win all of their games after we stomp their @sses. SOS is what will get us in the CFP final four.

My rational side can only root for ND for a game or two, then hatred takes over. We have enough quality in our schedule that just beating the ****** will be all we need. We would still need to win out. If we don't win out, I don't want ND in the discussion.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The team ND exposed yesterday was picked to finish in the top half of the Big 12 this year. One mag had them in 3rd place. The 38-3 score was very similar to defeats Texas suffered last year to TCU and Baylor. They were pretty good football teams.

I agree that Texas did not look good, but ND had a role in that. I am concerned about their DL's ability to control the LOS. I will be happy with any win in South Bend.

I almost never pull for uga, Alabama, scurvy, or tooth decay. Put one of them against the Domers and I am a fan.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
It will be one of 3 games on our schedule that I am worried about. But after watching each team play yesterday I see that we are the only team that appeared ready on opening day. I think the fact our subs got in so much playing time will be very helpful in the weeks to come. FSU had starters playing into the 4th quarter and ND did as well. I am not to sure about UGA as I couldn't bring myself to watch it. We will need our 2nd string and 3rd string to play up against these 3 teams but they are all very winnable. FSU is very young and they made a lot of mistakes. ND looked solid for the most part, they are not a TOP 5 school but will be a challenge. I look forward to seeing our guys step up.
UGA had starters playing until the game was called