nonpolitical medical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

It strikes me that you are looking for something to get upset about. Vaccinations are confidential unless the person vaccinated discloses. Reading between the lines it is pretty clear what happened. Levinson was being gracious about a player making a poor choice.

I would have gotten the vaccine, even if I thought I was healthy, didn’t need it, outside sport etc. But that’s just me. Giving up all that money is the consequence of ignoring the rules and getting unlucky.

I am putting laughing emoji‘s in my post. What makes you think that I am upset? I am laughing at the idiocy and anti-science nature of this whole thing. 🤣

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I just read Andy Levinson, PGA senior Vice President’s statement. Had he been fully vaccinated he would still be playing. Really really stupid to ignore CDC guidelines and PGA rules and lose out on big money.
I like Rahm and he played a great round yesterday, but yeah he has himself to blame for this. His response was very professional and he handled it really well. He is playing well enough this year that he will bounce back.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I like Rahm and he played a great round yesterday, but yeah he has himself to blame for this. His response was very professional and he handled it really well. He is playing well enough this year that he will bounce back.
I like him too and he agree that he reacted professionally.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am putting laughing emoji‘s in my post. What makes you think that I am upset? I am laughing at the idiocy and anti-science nature of this whole thing. 🤣
Because it seems you are exerting a lot of energy over the PGA following through on their rules, rules which Rahm agreed to. It’s a non-story except that Rahm probably wishes now he has been fully vaccinated.

Deleted member 2897

Because it seems you are exerting a lot of energy over the PGA following through on their rules, rules which Rahm agreed to. It’s a non-story except that Rahm probably wishes now he has been fully vaccinated.

Wrong. I could give a **** if they follow their rules or not. It’s their anti-science, contradictory, anti-CDC nonsense rules in the first place that make me bust out laughing hysterically.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Jon Rahm up by 7 strokes at Memorial gets the boot from a contact tracing Covid test. Asymptomatic, he went 4-5 days in a row negative before he got ejected. Wonder what they‘re doing with the $1.7M he was going to win?

He had a big lead, but he still had to play Sunday - the purse wasn't his just yet.

Here's the story as I have read about it since it was announced: He was in contact tracing protocol since Monday due to a positive case with someone he had been in contact with. He the decided to get his FIRST vax shot on Tues. Tested once negative, few days later tested positive. The double checked for confirmation and he is now withdrawn. At first I cared, but when I learned he hadn't yet been vaxxed after all this time - IDGAF about him being withdrawn. Self inflicted f-up right there buddy.

EDIT: My bad, just caught up with the thread and see others posted the same details. At any rate, as DJ Khaled says:
Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

He had a big lead, but he still had to play Sunday - the purse wasn't his just yet.

Here's the story as I have read about it since it was announced: He was in contact tracing protocol since Monday due to a positive case with someone he had been in contact with. He the decided to get his FIRST vax shot on Tues. Tested once negative, few days later tested positive. The double checked for confirmation and he is now withdrawn. At first I cared, but when I learned he hadn't yet been vaxxed after all this time - IDGAF about him being withdrawn. Self inflicted f-up right there buddy.

If I were him, I would have gotten vaccinated a long time ago. But having said that, there’s no reason you can’t play golf with Covid.

Being vaccinated doesn’t stop you from getting it and testing positive. So there’s also no proof he wouldn’t still be in the same spot - a positive test but completely healthy and yet unable to play. At some point, especially with outdoor sports where you’re distanced from people, we have to grow up and start following the science.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If I were him, I would have gotten vaccinated a long time ago. But having said that, there’s no reason you can’t play golf with Covid.

Being vaccinated doesn’t stop you from getting it and testing positive. So there’s also no proof he wouldn’t still be in the same spot - a positive test but completely healthy and yet unable to play. At some point, especially with outdoor sports where you’re distanced from people, we have to grow up and start following the science.
So how exactly should this have played out? The PGA, knowing he had COVID should have let him be in the locker room, in score tents, around patrons all day, around other players, around the media, and around nearly everyone during the trophy presentation?

Deleted member 2897

So how exactly should this have played out? The PGA, knowing he had COVID should have let him be in the locker room, in score tents, around patrons all day, around other players, around the media, and around nearly everyone during the trophy presentation?

Here you go again. Mr. always-put-random-ridiculous-things-into-other-people's-mouths-that-they-never-said. :ROFLMAO:

No, they shouldn't do ridiculous stuff like that. LOL. He should be required to keep his distance from other people. Possibly wear a mask. You know, all the stuff we've known for over a year. Hell, make him wear a big red mask, LOL. You can play the sport of golf without being around other people. They could have easily had contingency plans in place about literally a year ago based on what we know about covid.

In fact, its stupid they didn't invoke those contingencies on him at the start, since they knew he had been in close contact with someone who had tested positive. That's the more ridiculous part of the story nobody is covering.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Here you go again. Mr. always-put-random-ridiculous-things-into-other-people's-mouths-that-they-never-said. :ROFLMAO:

No, they shouldn't do ridiculous stuff like that. LOL. He should be required to keep his distance from other people. Possibly wear a mask. You know, all the stuff we've known for over a year. Hell, make him wear a big red mask, LOL. You can play the sport of golf without being around other people. They could have easily had contingency plans in place about literally a year ago based on what we know about covid.

In fact, its stupid they didn't invoke those contingencies on him at the start, since they knew he had been in close contact with someone who had tested positive. That's the more ridiculous part of the story nobody is covering.
I don't think masking and social distancing alone has ever been recommended for people who have tested positive. Even if they'd put him in a more cautious protocol due to exposure, once he tested positive the guidelines are to isolate. I am not sure that has changed as we continue to learn about the virus.

He knew the rules, he knew the guidelines, he had a chance to be vaxxed, he rolled the dice. He lost.

GT_EE78

Banned
You are missing my point. They state their vaccine positions on their own site. You are welcome to read it.

They are not directly manipulating data. They are presenting raw data that doesn’t have any correlation to the issue at hand. But they are presenting it like it is. As I described earlier, you could post that your Dad died after getting a vaccine, and it would show up in their data. The CDC would investigate it, and if it doesn’t have any connection to anything, it rightly wouldn’t be considered a death connected to a vaccine. 8,000 Americans die every single day. 56,000 per week. Some of these will happen within a month of being vaccinated when we’ve delivered 250 million shots. These people’s data is worse than worthless.
No, I didn't miss your points but I have already disproven and refuted them several times.
There's no reason for a person to get so butthurt over the existence of simple facts and raw data.(actually a summary of that raw data)
The website provides a valuable public service since there doesn't seem to be anyone else regularly tracking and publishing a summary of the adverse reaction reports.
Just view it as a status sheet of the things we're waiting for the CDC to report about.
FYI,I uderestimated the lag times,VAERS has a backlog of about 200K reports that haven't shown up in the database yet

Deleted member 2897

I don't think masking and social distancing alone has ever been recommended for people who have tested positive. Even if they'd put him in a more cautious protocol due to exposure, once he tested positive the guidelines are to isolate. I am not sure that has changed as we continue to learn about the virus.

He knew the rules, he knew the guidelines, he had a chance to be vaxxed, he rolled the dice. He lost.

Up until a few weeks ago, the CDC said that even vaccinated people should wear masks outside, but the PGA wasn't requiring that back then. 🤷‍♂️ Its about following the actual science, which is hit and miss with the CDC recommendations.

Right now, the CDC says if you've been exposed to someone with covid-19, you should quarantine. So the PGA wasn't following that guidance either. 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 2897

No, I didn't miss your points but I have already disproven and refuted them several times.
There's no reason for a person to get so butthurt over the existence of simple facts and raw data.(actually a summary of that raw data)
The website provides a valuable public service since there doesn't seem to be anyone else regularly tracking and publishing a summary of the adverse reaction reports.
Just view it as a status sheet of the things we're waiting for the CDC to report about.
FYI,I uderestimated the lag times,VAERS has a backlog of about 200K reports that haven't shown up in the database yet

You haven't disproven or refuted anything. What I'm trying to explain to you is that openvaers is a set of raw data (I think you know that). If you go research that data feed, you'll read that literally anybody can submit information into it (I think you know that). So when they state that over 5,000 people have died who have been vaccinated, that's ridiculously misleading and false, given they are insinuating that people died because of the vaccine (that's the part I think you disagree with).

The percentage of information reported compared to what is actually proven related by the CDC/FDA is an incredibly low hit rate. You can bet a lot of people are having fun with it, reporting all kinds of garbage. That's where the rubber meets the road here - a large volume of things reported should raise a red flag, I have no problem with that assertion. But if you go back and look at beyond where the CDC/FDA have been able to research and see how low the accuracy/hit-rate is, that's when people should realize that the raw data is hot garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT_EE78

Banned
You haven't disproven anything. What I'm trying to explain to you is that openvaers is a set of raw data. If you go research that data feed, you'll read that literally anybody can submit information into it. So when they state that over 5,000 people have died who have been vaccinated, that's ridiculously misleading and false, given they are insinuating that people died because of the vaccine.

The percentage of information reported compared to what is actually proven related by the CDC is an incredibly low hit rate.
There you go again with yet another false explanation. Do your homework.
doctors/hospitals/individuals do NOT put reports directly into OpenVAERS.
The reports go into VAERS and openVAERS downloads them from VAERS after VAERS does an an update.
OV also explains that the reports are waiting for CDC review, they insinuate nothing.
Do you even read other people's posts before responding?
I've posted CDC links to show that CDC is reporting those same death numbers!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

When you start changing what he can do or wear on the course then you are changing the game itself. The PGA isn't going to do that. They also aren't going to let someone with COVID be around thousands of people because he promises to keep his distance. That is ridiculous for many reasons. Their rules for this are perfectly fine.

Deleted member 2897

There you go again with yet another false explanation. Do your homework.
doctors/hospitals/individuals do NOT put reports directly into OpenVAERS.
The reports go into VAERS and openVAERS downloads them from VAERS after VAERS does an an update.
OV also explains that the reports are waiting for CDC review, they insinuate nothing.
Do you even read other people's posts before responding?
I've posted CDC links to show that CDC is reporting those same death numbers!

I never asserted what you just posted that I did. Grow up.

they are reporting the same raw data, correct. But those aren’t “death numbers” as in people killed by the vaccine. This **** is just bonkers man.

Status
Not open for further replies.