nonpolitical medical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
as the graphs below show, the US is doing better than most of the world .
World
1622231203934.png

US
1622231364419.png

I would have expected active cases to have a sharper downward slope , but who knows
maybe there's more taxpayer dollars available for vaccines than treatment.
1622231662206.png

GT_EE78

Banned
May26
This Australian study suggests that if u already had it, the antibodies should last for decades if not the remainder of your life.
(which doesn't mean that variants would be covered)

Deleted member 2897

as the graphs below show, the US is doing better than most of the world .
World
View attachment 10616
US
View attachment 10617
I would have expected active cases to have a sharper downward slope , but who knows
maybe there's more taxpayer dollars available for vaccines than treatment.
View attachment 10618

We always do better than the rest of the world at almost everything. No surprise here. Once again we’re the envy of the world.

GT_EE78

Banned
I read in Philly paper that both Pfizer and Moderna measured prevention rates we're down to 90% and falling.
hospitalizations remained small.
We'll never know as CDC is stoppimg
"the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has stopped investigating breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated people unless they become so sick that they are hospitalized or die."

Deleted member 2897

I read in Philly paper that both Pfizer and Moderna measured prevention rates we're down to 90% and falling.
hospitalizations remained small.
We'll never know as CDC is stoppimg
"the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has stopped investigating breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated people unless they become so sick that they are hospitalized or die."

I wouldn’t waste time on it either. Waste of time.

Deleted member 2897

Nationwide, we only had 6k new cases yesterday and 124 deaths.

Also, its now all but official that the pandemic is over. The CDC still shows early March as the inflection point where we dipped below 100% of the regular weekly death number. There is a lag on death certificates, so you can't really look at data over the last few weeks, but going back nearly 3 months we did return to normal. And keep in mind their definition of normal/expected deaths is incorrect since it uses the average from 2017-2019 which is excessively low, not accounting for our aging population.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yes. I guess when given choice of taking a shot to appease your employer and the masses or not being able to provide for your family, the choice is clear.
I’ve lost love ones, work friends and watched people younger than myself, have lingering issues. The choice is super clear, life & health over sickness & death.
I believe they are people of science, stewards of the medical community, saving lives and setting the right example. One doesn’t go to med. school and do residency to revert back to wondering the masses want them to be.

I’ve lost love ones, work friends and watched people younger than myself, have lingering issues. The choice is super clear, life & health over sickness & death.
I believe they are people of science, stewards of the medical community, saving lives and setting the right example. One doesn’t go to med. school and do residency to revert back to wondering the masses want them to be.

Noone should be forced to take an experimental vaccine at the risk of losing their livelihood. We still have our freedoms for now anyway.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Noone should be forced to take an experimental vaccine at the risk of losing their livelihood. We still have our freedoms for now anyway.
60% have had at least one shot. Nothing experimental about it. SARS has been in the lab. since 2003. Freedom is being able to live without fears, masks and being close to loved ones and friends.

I don’t get you at all. You picked at the intelligence community of science, with an oath to save lives...by claiming their bosses made them vax, not their common sense...took a shot at the masses, in which we made our own individual decisions politics aside. I’ve not heard of one person in my purview who got sick from this miracle protection.

Keep going if you want, although it’s not making you seem very wise.

60% have had at least one shot. Nothing experimental about it. SARS has been in the lab. since 2003. Freedom is being able to live without fears, masks and being close to loved ones and friends.

I don’t get you at all. You picked at the intelligence community of science, with an oath to save lives...by claiming their bosses made them vax, not their common sense...took a shot at the masses, in which we made our own individual decisions politics aside. I’ve not heard of one person in my purview who got sick from this miracle protection.

Keep going if you want, although it’s not making you seem very wise.

Do you really think that people should be essentially forced to take a drug that hasn't even received FDA approval yet?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Emergency use authorization is not Approval. IOW, The FDA still has plausible deniability if something goes wrong. I thought you were smarter than that.
Safe when we authorize use to minors(by the FDA):
“The FDA has determined that Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine has met the statutory criteria to amend the EUA, and that the known and potential benefits of this vaccine in individuals 12 years of age and older outweigh the known and potential risks, supporting the vaccine’s use in this population“.

Smart is looking at the numbers, which have been in a steep decline in the last few months. Dumb is waiting for herd immunity, when you are jeopardizing your own health, that of children that are not eligible and folks who have severe enough other health issues, that they can’t take the shot.

Deleted member 2897

My parents, in-laws, us, my kids - all vaccinated. But why does somebody care if someone else does not get it? We killed the control group and it’s only under emergency use authorization. Since we’ve been under the expected death number for nearly 3 months, technically the FDA should either approve it or pull the emergency use authorization. They’ll eventually approve it, as they should, because it’s a good vaccine. But we live in crazy times.

Status
Not open for further replies.