nonpolitical medical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Interesting to hear that the FDA independent advisory committee recommended declining the new Alzheimer’s due to lack of proof the drug works and potential dangerous side effects. The FDA approved it anyway. Pretty fascinating situation for us here as scientists to think about.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hearing that medicare is in the works, to cover the 56k.
40% in trials have developed brain swelling, & 17% hemorrhaging.

If FDA Advisors did not want to approve this treatment, why would someone not get the pandemania vaccine shot(s) by awaiting full FDA approval? I realize extended experimental with fantastic resistance thus far is their COVID caution, but it sounds like Aduhelm has more side effects, risk/results questions.

Deleted member 2897

Hearing that medicare is in the works, to cover the 56k.
40% in trials have developed brain swelling, & 17% hemorrhaging.

If FDA Advisors did not want to approve this treatment, why would someone not get the pandemania vaccine shot(s) by awaiting full FDA approval? I realize extended experimental with fantastic resistance thus far is their COVID caution, but it sounds like Aduhelm has more side effects, risk/results questions.

Yep. The Covid vaccine data is phenomenal. The independent FDA advisory panel recommended NOT approving the Alzheimer’s drug.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yep. The Covid vaccine data is phenomenal. The independent FDA advisory panel recommended NOT approving the Alzheimer’s drug.
I believe we are actually in agreement, although not assuming you feel the same way about the “FDA rubber stamp” method? My only rhetorical question was/is why approve something in serious doubt for effectiveness and not the Pfizer one, yet.

The advisory panel did not want Aducanumab to be approved(my previous post was stating “not”), and the Federal Druggies went against their advice and rubber stamped the treatment.

Deleted member 2897

I believe we are actually in agreement, although not assuming you feel the same way about the “FDA rubber stamp” method? My only rhetorical question was/is why approve something in serious doubt for effectiveness and not the Pfizer one, yet.

The advisory panel did not want Aducanumab to be approved(my previous post was stating “not”), and the Federal Druggies went against their advice and rubber stamped the treatment.

Yep, 100%. I read what the advisory board did, the data, their conclusions and justification, and then what the FDA did, and I'm like 🤷‍♂️.

Deleted member 2897

UCLA (bias anyone? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ) says states that locked down like California did better economically and healthwise than states who were more open like Florida.

Now, for the actual data :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Unemployment: California 8.3%, Florida 4.8%

Per capita death rate: California 160, Florida 171

Population density (residents per square mile): California 254, Florida 397

Percentage of population who is elderly: California 14.3%, Florida 19.4%

Nobody's falling for that made up bull**** UCLA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
UCLA (bias anyone? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ) says states that locked down like California did better economically and healthwise than states who were more open like Florida.

Now, for the actual data :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Unemployment: California 8.3%, Florida 4.8%

Per capita death rate: California 160, Florida 171

Population density (residents per square mile): California 254, Florida 397

Percentage of population who is elderly: California 14.3%, Florida 19.4%

Nobody's falling for that made up bull**** UCLA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Why not present some of his data and methods and discuss it? Seems weird to just throw your own random data and a sackful of emojis out there without really even discussing why his findings are wrong.

Deleted member 2897

Why not present some of his data and methods and discuss it? Seems weird to just throw your own random data and a sackful of emojis out there without really even discussing why his findings are wrong.

🤷‍♂️

I listed the unemployment numbers, covid death numbers, population densities, and elderly makeup of the populations.

If you're looking at covid risk and covid outcomes, those are the most critical metrics.

I can't find a link in the article to review their study. In the article, they totally dismiss unemployment (of course they do, because theirs is an absolute train wreck from shutting the economy down) in favor of GDP. GDP is essentially adding up all the money spent during a period of time...see why that's a bad metric to use last year? Because we quintupled the money supply and sent several rounds of stimulus money and unemployment boosters to people and companies all year. That kept everyone able to spend money for awhile, which of course is also why its a dumb way to compare economic stability between states during that period of time.

There are 4 times as many unemployed people in California than Florida. Their population is a little less than double.

IIWII. There's really not a need to make it more complicated than that.

Deleted member 2897

You do have a choice. And if I am your employer I have the freedom to run my business. You don’t have to work for me. BTW very few hospitals have required vaccines.

Yep. Same as people who complain about what Walmart pays. Then don’t work there, it’s a free country.

Deleted member 2897

You do realize he didn’t do any studies right? He simply reacts to the data that’s presented.

He said masks don’t work to some people and said masks do work to others. He said there was no evidence of a lab leak despite getting information to the contrary from a known expert and forwarding that to colleagues and insisting on an urgent meeting. We could go on all day. He recently sold the rights of himself to write a book and film a movie…about himself

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This thread is in danger of being shut down. It claims to be non-political. It is drifting further and further away from the topic.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This thread is in danger of being shut down. It claims to be non-political. It is drifting further and further away from the topic.
It’s only happening due to certain agendas ignoring the science. If you’ve been profiting off gain of function research, on record saying the risk is worth it, then those chickens come home to roost, well..... I think at this point most educated people know what happened. Then there’s those clinging to their agendas & excuses.

I said this in the last Covid thread that we had --- It is IMPOSSIBLE not to include politics in ANY discussion of medicine in this country today. And that is because politicians have turned any discussion of actual facts and reputable theories into partisan arguments.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I said this in the last Covid thread that we had --- It is IMPOSSIBLE not to include politics in ANY discussion of medicine in this country today. And that is because politicians have turned any discussion of actual facts and reputable theories into partisan arguments.
It is very possible to discuss medicine without discussing politics. Discuss medicine. Do not discuss personalities around medicine. Do not discuss conspiracy type theories. Do not post links to partisan (left or right) blog sites. Do not post links to Twitter posts that have definitive statements derived from unverified studies.

Basically, discuss infection rates, hospitalization rates, etc. (all of which are dropping dramatically). Discuss vaccination rates. Discuss concerns about the vaccines, if you are concerned about them.

It is even possible to discuss the need or lack of need for any restrictions without really getting into "politics". Just keep the discussion to restrictions and the reasons they are needed or not needed.

I think you believe it is impossible because you are inundated with political talk about the disease. If you (in general not you specifically) don't listen to or pay attention to conservative or liberal talk radio, psuedo-news programs, Twitter feeds, Facebook groups, etc. , then there are a lot of facts that can be discussed without getting into a mic-drop attempt shouting match with the rival tribe over something somewhat, maybe, sort of related to COVID-19. Try to step away from psuedo-news, or Facebook groups or wherever you are getting your news for a couple of weeks, and you will probably find that things don't get you as excitable as they do now.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
^ the above poster gives sound advice. If there is to be any further discussion on this site about this disease, it would be wise to read and understand the above post. If it is "impossible to avoid politics" then I suggest you avoid posting in this thread. Thanks as always for your continued patronage of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.