No heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And this year is the year. You need to accept the fact that it's a rebuilding year and quit questioning play calls especially play calls that have worked in previous years.

Steam - the last three games of 14 gt played against 3DC that had 2, 2, 0 years of experience as DC. Please think about how badly we gashed those teams.
Now this year there is lots of film that has been studied.

Everyone knew that we had new guys and defenses loaded for bear - I think and posted , coach should have called PRACTICED plays for the young backs - by JT to just go back and passing to ab on fly route. "We just run it " was the reverse of what's common sense says to do with new guys. First we MUST loosen up the defense, then we run.

I say we stick with coach - we have had lots of injuries and the young guys are stepping up.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Steam - the last three games of 14 gt played against 3DC that had 2, 2, 0 years of experience as DC. Please think about how badly we gashed those teams.
Now this year there is lots of film that has been studied.

Everyone knew that we had new guys and defenses loaded for bear - I think and posted , coach should have called PRACTICED plays for the young backs - by JT to just go back and passing to ab on fly route. "We just run it " was the reverse of what's common sense says to do with new guys. First we MUST loosen up the defense, then we run.

I say we stick with coach - we have had lots of injuries and the young guys are stepping up.
I agree completely. We are young and hurt, but also talented. Every program has years like this and believe or not it might be looking this way for UGA to who just lost Chubb and has now lost 2 in a row. CPJ knows everything to know about the triple option when he says guys are missing assignments it's not him trying to cover up his coaching it's him being honest because they are missing assignments. If we execute things will be different. We still have 6 games left to play and can have a .600 win percentage and still make a bowl game. Still a lot of Football left to play. And I will still love this team and Institute til I die.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope so ! I want Chad Morris. We need some up and coming coach that can bring Energy. CPJ needs to hang his clip board up, oh wait, he doesn't have one because his mind has all of the plays. He has once again hired a PATHETIC D CORD. Roof needs to be on the hot seat now. We are as bad now as we was with Groh. I hope the rest of you soak in what I'm saying and not get upset about it. I'm thankful for the three good season he has brought tech but I'm ready for Johnson to go ! We need a whole new staff and culture. Gosh it feels good to get this out! Last year made me hush hush but I knew it was a matter of time before his poor recruiting results was going to show.

Lemme tell you how Chad Morris (or any other hot name of the month) will go. He'll come in, have a poor recruiting season because he hadn't had the time to build the relationships and we don't have the structure a UGA, AU, FSU, etc has to keep the pipeline full. Players will transfer or just quit and his first year will be disappointing. His second year may or may not show improvement, but there'll be reason to hope. 3rd year will be good, make a decent bowl. Year four may be a breakthrough, but no playoff, then in year 5, a rebuilding year, you'll be screaming for his head.

It doesn't matter what the name is, it'll be the same. You may get lucky and find another Paul Johnson or Bobby Ross, but it's more likely you'll get Chan Gailey or probably Bill Lewis.

We can't plug and play coaches any more than we can players.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
And this year is the year. You need to accept the fact that it's a rebuilding year and quit questioning play calls especially play calls that have worked in previous years.

That's the problem. You have to adapt. And CPJ can't. That's fact.

This year is this year. It's not working. Adapt.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Done trying to convince you to like your team and support them. Just looked at your recent post and you can't seam to say anything positive. Ignore button put to good use.

Then. You won't see this.
I ignore when I'm wrong too.

Good day sir.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Done trying to convince you to like your team and support them. Just looked at your recent post and you can't seam to say anything positive. Ignore button put to good use.

Don't bother. Most of these posts are probably pre-written just waiting for us to lose.

"See, I told you so. CPJ is this, CPJ can't do that."

But when we win .... crickets.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't bother. Most of these posts are probably pre-written just waiting for us to lose.

"See, I told you so. CPJ is this, CPJ can't do that."

But when we win .... crickets.

Enjoy the 4-8. I'll continue to be realistic

Cam

Helluva Engineer
That's the problem. You have to adapt. And CPJ can't. That's fact.

This year is this year. It's not working. Adapt.
Honest question, how do we adapt? It seems like we have a combination of stacked injuries at key positions and a general lack of effort all around on offense. It seems like there is a mental block for the players, especially after some comments from Cuse in the chat about their sideline presence. Though I guess that circles back to the thread title of "No heart." Not trying to antagonize you, but if CPJ can't seem to adapt with an offense he's crafted and run for 30 years, I can't think total failure falls on him.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Honest question, how do we adapt? It seems like we have a combination of stacked injuries at key positions and a general lack of effort all around on offense. It seems like there is a mental block for the players, especially after some comments from Cuse in the chat about their sideline presence. Though I guess that circles back to the thread title of "No heart." Not trying to antagonize you, but if CPJ can't seem to adapt with an offense he's crafted and run for 30 years, I can't think total failure falls on him.

I am not Rock, but perhaps he is referring to our lack of flexibility and diversity in our offensive scheme that allows for more adaption based on the player mix you have.

With that said. We have 3-4 year WR. We have 2, 3, 4 year AB. WHY do we keep saying true freshman? Because he is playing mld? If so. What does that say about the experienced? This is deeper than saying we are relying on freshman. We have multi year players including the OL that look lost. The left side of the ol is a turnstile.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We didn't have anyone to replace our skill players this year. Had a few bad recruiting years and it is showing up this year, not to mention all of the injuries at the skill positions as well. This is gonna be a rebuilding year but the future is still bright in my point of view. Just speculation but I do feel good about the program team just not this year. Any team who would have to play with all 2nd and 3rd teams skill guys wouldn't have a great record either. If Leggett Snoddy and Andrews were in the backfield I honestly think we're at worst 4-2 right now.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a team leadership issue imo not a cpj issue. Last year was a once in 15-30 year season we don't see often at Tech . This year a young and immature team saw adversity and hasn't handled it well and buckled. Losing and winning are contagious and we have Ebola. CPJ will be back and we'll be back as a coastal threat but not happening this year obviously.

I'm not gonna make excuses for this year and am not a CPJ apologist but have seen enough of him to know that at Tech he's probably as good as it gets- any hot name coach won't stay at Tech and we're not gonna pull 4 and 5 star Jimmy and joes from uga Clemson Tenn Auburn/Ala and lose most of the smart ones to Stanford etc.

This is a season to endure not enjoy in my opinion but we've been here before and will get back to the 8-9 win Oleary/CPJ seasons which to me are much better than the Bill Lewis type years. And even if some compare to Gailey, the Gailey coached teams were so unpredictable you could beat any team you played but could lose to any team you played as well we always upset someone each year that was huge but also laid many turds. At least with CPJ we generally beat teams we should and lose to teams we should last year and this year notwithstanding .

I'll pick a surrogate team to root for to make college football fun (right now Michigan bc I love Harbaugh and anyone who plays UGA ) and enjoy being a college football anarchist this year hoping all our enemies have painful meltdowns as well (THANK YOU UGA) and still cheer on the jackets but this is dumpster fire territory for me

Everyone just simmer down we've been through this before. We're Tech fans after all!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Look. I started this thread. All I can say is watching this **** with a bunch of Michigan fans is ****ing embarrassing. They are having the season we should be having. This is pathetic no matter how you look at it. The O line looked like **** and played scared. I hope who ever doesn't want to be here leaves. There's about a dozen players that look like they don't give a ****. There's no shot at a bowl. Next year maybe 8 wins but after today I have no hope for more than that. Zero. I mean zero heart or fight. I thought after 3 losses they'd come out with some fight but they played like a bunch of bitches. Call me what you want but that was a ****ing joke.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I am not Rock, but perhaps he is referring to our lack of flexibility and diversity in our offensive scheme that allows for more adaption based on the player mix you have.

With that said. We have 3-4 year WR. We have 2, 3, 4 year AB. WHY do we keep saying true freshman? Because he is playing mld? If so. What does that say about the experienced? This is deeper than saying we are relying on freshman. We have multi year players including the OL that look lost. The left side of the ol is a turnstile.
I'd agree with that. It's kind of a double edged sword. Because of the recruiting limitations at Tech, you need a system that relies on execution and player fit over talent. Though with that, if you're missing one or more cog, the whole thing collapses. When the pitch isn't there, teams can just sell out on stopping the dive and keep. All we can look forward to now is the development of Marcus Marshall, AJ Gray, Brant Mitchell, and Brad Stewart. Hope that the Will Bryan, Trey Klock, Freddie Burden, Shamire Devine, and Chris Griffin offensive line next year will be a major step up in terms of athleticism and talent.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
We didn't have anyone to replace our skill players this year. Had a few bad recruiting years and it is showing up this year, not to mention all of the injuries at the skill positions as well. This is gonna be a rebuilding year but the future is still bright in my point of view. Just speculation but I do feel good about the program team just not this year. Any team who would have to play with all 2nd and 3rd teams skill guys wouldn't have a great record either. If Leggett Snoddy and Andrews were in the backfield I honestly think we're at worst 4-2 right now.
Time to quit making excuses. It is what it is. It wouldn't matter if those guys played or not. This team isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.