No heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This team needs a win to boost morale, but as we have seen with the schedule its going to be tough to get that

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Because too many in the fan base give a damn only about beating UGA 2 times out of 10 and then acting like We Run This State when we win. Because too many of our engineering grads are too freaking stupid to realize that creating an athletic friendly major will not damage their degree. If you think that the athletic majors at Stanford damages their engineering degrees then you have lost your mind.

Truth - the game has changed over the past 60 years and it is no longer about student athletes, it is a minor league system for the pros. This is 100% a Jimmy's and Joes issue and you simply can not attract talent that wants to play on Sunday to our system and with our academic options.

So the question is what do you want more? Me, I a freaking sick of this type of crap, 6-6 with a long bowl streak is not success, it is accepting mediocrity.

Agree 100% - good offseason revisit - Why does BOR allow ed to have engineering but gt not have super strong program in sports management, Etc etc. If we got a level playing field with courses and our our being in ATLANTA , we would be dominant.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
The only game that hasn't been competitive is the Clemson game. Even the ND game, where we stalled many times on offense, the D was making stops against a top ten offense. Clemson's top ten defense and our decimated starting lineup were a mismatch from the beginning. We got the results any rational person would have predicted. We're a bad football team this year. It's not the end of the world.

To me, competitive is not in the score. But in being a well prepared team.

Unlike some posters, I can live with losing. No problem. There is always going to be a winner and a loser in every game. But I just am not able to bear the thought of my beloved jackets looking so frickin' discombobulated. It's infuriating. Like PJ says, you're going to get physically beat at times. But don't beat yourself by not even giving yourself a chance with stupid mental mistakes. That's what's disheartening.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
No Heart ? These young men do not quit . They are at work today getting ready for Pitt . Its one thing to talk about performance . To say something as stupid as that ... This reminds me of when I played and we lost and Coach Dooley had Woody Hayes speak to us . Coach Hayes told us , "the same SOB"s that pat you on the back when your winning are the same MF ing SOB's that talk bad about you when you lose ". So I guess he was speaking about " fans " like you .

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wise words from Woody. Take the praise as well as the pissing and moaning with a healthy grain of salt. I love our players and coaches. They work hard as hell and don't quit...even when the going gets tough. And they are a classy group of young men. I feel bad for them that the season has taken a rough turn. Win or lose they make me proud to be a Jacket fan.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No Heart ? These young men do not quit . They are at work today getting ready for Pitt . Its one thing to talk about performance . To say something as stupid as that ... This reminds me of when I played and we lost and Coach Dooley had Woody Hayes speak to us . Coach Hayes told us , "the same SOB"s that pat you on the back when your winning are the same MF ing SOB's that talk bad about you when you lose ". So I guess he was speaking about " fans " like you .

flea, don't know if I could take this message board and/or social media crap if I had a kid on the team. It's bad enough sitting in the stands as a parent of a kid on a HS FB team. But this anonymous stuff always turns the meek into bullies. Sadly, you will come to find that we too suffer with clowns, buffoons and fools in our own fan base.
To the Op's credit, he did have the gumption to apologize. Don't know if you saw it.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
flea, don't know if I could take this message board and/or social media crap if I had a kid on the team. It's bad enough sitting in the stands as a parent of a kid on a HS FB team. But this anonymous stuff always turns the meek into bullies. Sadly, you will come to find that we too suffer with clowns, buffoons and fools in our own fan base.
To the Op's credit, he did have the gumption to apologize. Don't know if you saw it.
If he did then I also apologize . My point is you can talk about performance , but do not say that a player has no heart etc ... I know my son might get his rear end kicked , but its not because of lack of effort . He will fight every play . All these GT players are like that . I know everyone is upset . We all are . The players and Coaches are also . They never quit they have so much time and effort invested . If anyone on this board was at the game and talked w the players as the left the stadium , they would understand . These are great young men . They work their *** off on and off the field . They have heart . I will be there this Sat early expecting a victory !

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I made the post. As I stated earlier it was out of pure frustration. I did man up and apologized. I also did the cardinal sin of message boards. Do not drink and post after a loss. Trust me I'm embarrassed to have even made this thread but I'm man enough to admit it was totally out of line and wrong. I played sports in college and know what it's like to go through losing streaks. That doesn't justify what I did but again I was in the wrong and I am sorry. This whole thing should probably be deleted or locked and again I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
I made the post. As I stated earlier it was out of pure frustration. I did man up and apologized. I also did the cardinal sin of message boards. Do not drink and post after a loss. Trust me I'm embarrassed to have even made this thread but I'm man enough to admit it was totally out of line and wrong. I played sports in college and know what it's like to go through losing streaks. That doesn't justify what I did but again I was in the wrong and I am sorry. This whole thing should probably be deleted or locked and again I'm sorry if anyone was offended.
Lets get a W Saturday ! We are all frustrated . I have made the same mistake after some good scotch ! Go Jackets !

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Playing confused(not being able to count even though they all take calculus), makes players play SLOW, AND that makes it look like lack of effort. Then it feeds on itself. Done.

I officially close this theead.
Season starts tomorrow!

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck

You have redeemed yourself. The thread has served a purpose in helping many, myself included, identify to which posters the ignore button should be applied. I'm happier for it.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No matter the post, I admire your willingness to own it. Should be water under the bridge now.

Agree with your recommendation to lock this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.