No heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Every year prior to this one for the football team under Johnson has been better than any one year for the basketball team under gregory. This year doesn't change anything. Johnson is going to be here until after gregory is already gone. Plain and simple.

Playing ACC basketball is a little tougher than playing ACC football. Neither situation is acceptable in my opinion. But why have the AD's continued to give extensions in both sports?

Where were you guys a couple months ago when I was getting blasted for saying the same thing lol.

Athletes are bigger stronger fatser than ever, the TO is not going to be as effective today as it was in 1950.
Be careful what you post. John will ban you for being Realistic about a mediocre team. You try to speak the truth about the program but some of the guys don't wanna hear it. You and I both want the jackets to win every game but it's the way we lose that really erks me.

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
Another big issue is since Byerly is down, we don't have a QB to go to when things aren't going well. Lack of talent behind JT. Granted, o line and a backs are the bigger issues.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don't think anyone is loving it, but a lot of people see the continued mediocrity and are fed up with it. Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can rise again.

Personally, I am fed up with the administration at the GTAA since Homer retired more so than the acute coaching issues.

Not sure how there's continued mediocrity coming off an 11 win season. GT with two 11 win seasons in 6 years under CPJ is better than any coach since Dodd. Are we expecting Saban results?

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure how there's continued mediocrity coming off an 11 win season. GT with two 11 win seasons in 6 years under CPJ is better than any coach since Dodd. Are we expecting Saban results?

No, but we are expecting a competitive team. A team that can play decent defense and punt the ball without having a panic attack every time. Oh, and being able to complete a pass now and then would be helpful too.

This was the season that could have brought Tech back to national stage! Quit living off last season. That's what wrong with most tech fans. We will ride last season for the next 5 years!!!!!
He deserved a raise not the EXTENSION! Damn I can't say that enough.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Total embarrassment!!!! Announcers made fun of play calling making a comment that if you are a Ga Tech fan you have to expect better than your Division I team running up the middle on 3rd and 6 down 23 points. Also said it was really a 40 point win for Clemson, not 19. Criticized CPJ for punting . It was so bad you had to start laughing and treating this game as a comedy - What can go wrong next!!!!!

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I think once the young guys gain some experience this team can be very good. I like Christian Campbells size. JT is just too small to get the tough yards we need without perfect execution. But this year is going to be ugly.

Oh let me guess Augjacket, you fall in that category of " 6 wins at GT is a good year"?? I predicted 8-4 but I honestly see this team now winning another game. It's going to tough to beat UVA and Pitt but you can mark the other 4 games at loses.

Total embarrassment!!!! Announcers made fun of play calling making a comment that if you are a Ga Tech fan you have to expect better than your Division I team running up the middle on 3rd and 6 down 23 points. Also said it was really a 40 point win for Clemson, not 19. Criticized CPJ for punting . It was so bad you had to start laughing and treating this game as a comedy - What can go wrong next!!!!!
Well the bowl streak is over and is what next to go wrong.

AU won a NC and fired the coach 2 years later...

Same thing here???
I hope so ! I want Chad Morris. We need some up and coming coach that can bring Energy. CPJ needs to hang his clip board up, oh wait, he doesn't have one because his mind has all of the plays. He has once again hired a PATHETIC D CORD. Roof needs to be on the hot seat now. We are as bad now as we was with Groh. I hope the rest of you soak in what I'm saying and not get upset about it. I'm thankful for the three good season he has brought tech but I'm ready for Johnson to go ! We need a whole new staff and culture. Gosh it feels good to get this out! Last year made me hush hush but I knew it was a matter of time before his poor recruiting results was going to show.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

Apples and Oranges.

1. GT has only had 3 losing records against FBS teams since 1997. Johnson coached all 3, and is on his way to number 4 in 8 years. 4 losing FBS records in 8 years is mediocre in my opinion.

2. Many of those coaches only played 10 game seasons, and there were few bowls. Now they play 12 games and mediocre teams go to bowl games. It's easier to get to 11 wins when you play 14 games instead of 10 or even 11.

3. GT used to not play FCS teams. Johnson has 9 FCS wins in 8 years.

Everyone who throws out pro-Johnson stats always uses win totals, and not head to head FBS percentages. Win totals are Apples and Oranges

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow - am I the only one who remembers that this year was supposed to be a struggle because of all the experience we lost and the vicious schedule? Sure, we all raised our hopes after such an excellent year we had last year. At the same time, most realistic fans knew that our hopes were tied to next year when the younger players and the good recruiting class could be brought up to speed. Then add on the unusual amount of injuries we've had to the lack of experience we knew would be the case, and we get what we see now.

I am NOT a blind CPJ fan, but I like what he has done overall - and I don't just mean wins and losses. He started with limits on scholarships, he has brought a competitive fire, he recruits and keeps only true student athletes, and our grad rate is well above average. But I don't think he has been at his best this season. Gripe about it all you want, but who can be sure that if we dump Johnson there is another coach that would do better? And recognize that the injuries effect his ability to direct a game plan just as much as it does for the athletes. Beware of what you hope as I remember when so many wanted to bring in He Who Shall Not Be Named when Ross left instead of promoting O'Leary because we needed something new.

But this thread starts by questioning the heart of our athletes and that's a different story. I am PROUD to root for them every week win or lose. How would we react in the same situation? If I prepare my best for a presentation that matters an extreme amount to my career and on the day I stand in front of the potential client key members of my team are absent due to illness - yet my competition has all hands on deck - I might show some fairly negative body language as they take the job. These young men give their heart every week at a level we fans can never experience. I'm tired of every time we struggle seeing empty seats in our stadium, hearing how lousy our coaches are, and especially carping about our players. This is my TEAM, and I take this kinda personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.