Nice review of our current offensive line

Eli

Helluva Engineer
again, nothing you said had anything with what i was saying and the vast majority of the stuff you’ve mentioned sounds far more like personal gripes.

he isnt a good coach, we know this but he did what literally any coach would have said/done. it’s pretty clear though you are not over johnson’s departure so i would recommend just leaving the program alone because it’s not happening
A competent coach would have modified the offense and gradually implemented what he wanted to run. Recruits and family’s would have understood. No one said **** when Auburn was running the ball 75% of the time. “It was just more modern”
A competent coach would not have us working out on the sidelines before playing the defending national champions only to get absolutely boat raced.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
again, nothing you said had anything with what i was saying and the vast majority of the stuff you’ve mentioned sounds far more like personal gripes.

he isnt a good coach, we know this but he did what literally any coach would have said/done. it’s pretty clear though you are not over johnson’s departure so i would recommend just leaving the program alone because it’s not happening
Literally no one has ever done this

JacketFan137

Banned
A competent coach would have modified the offense and gradually implemented what he wanted to run. Recruits and family’s would have understood. No one said **** when Auburn was running the ball 75% of the time. “It was just more modern”
A competent coach would not have us working out on the sidelines before playing the defending national champions only to get absolutely boat raced.
i think hindsight is 20/20 on the offensive system that was implemented from the jump. patenaude was garbage and i think we could all tell that quickly. ultimately that decision for the offense was absolutely correct in regards to recruiting because we signed two of our highest rated offensive recruits in a long time in sims and gibbs. what we did after is obviously not good.

Literally no one has ever done this

why is this such a big issue? it’s goofy and dumb but this game was an L regardless. honestly we came out decent and did better than expected for the majority of the game. that was just a very good clemson team we were never gonna touch regardless of what we did. they just came off the natty and were returning a lot of talent.

at the end of the day my point in most of these threads is this: collins isn’t a good coach, we all know it. however, a lot of these criticisms have far more to do with personal gripes and little to do with what is actually happening on the field. i don’t see why so many people are concerned with his jeans, his coaching cliches etc. it just gets exhausting seeing people cry about the dumbest stuff. if you don’t like it quit watching tech football. it’s pretty simple

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
i think hindsight is 20/20 on the offensive system that was implemented from the jump. patenaude was garbage and i think we could all tell that quickly. ultimately that decision for the offense was absolutely correct in regards to recruiting because we signed two of our highest rated offensive recruits in a long time in sims and gibbs. what we did after is obviously not good.

why is this such a big issue? it’s goofy and dumb but this game was an L regardless. honestly we came out decent and did better than expected for the majority of the game. that was just a very good clemson team we were never gonna touch regardless of what we did. they just came off the natty and were returning a lot of talent.

at the end of the day my point in most of these threads is this: collins isn’t a good coach, we all know it. however, a lot of these criticisms have far more to do with personal gripes and little to do with what is actually happening on the field. i don’t see why so many people are concerned with his jeans, his coaching cliches etc. it just gets exhausting seeing people cry about the dumbest stuff. if you don’t like it quit watching tech football. it’s pretty simple
It was embarrassing. Find me one person who honestly didn’t find this to be an embarrassment. It was a continuation and double down of CGCs approach. If you’ve won and been successful then ok. Otherwise (and no 15-10 at Temple doesn’t count), prove yourself and then bring the nonsense. The guy lost significant credibility with serious fans at that moment which was made 10x worse by the Citadel loss. Again- win some games and that s**t gets forgotten. Win 9 in 3 and yep - it sticks and it will until he wins. If he doesn’t, it’ll stick to him through the remainder of his career.

JacketFan137

Banned
It was embarrassing. Find me one person who honestly didn’t find this to be an embarrassment. It was a continuation and double down of CGCs approach. If you’ve won and been successful then ok. Otherwise (and no 15-10 at Temple doesn’t count), prove yourself and then bring the nonsense. The guy lost significant credibility with serious fans at that moment which was made 10x worse by the Citadel loss. Again- win some games and that s**t gets forgotten. Win 9 in 3 and yep - it sticks and it will until he wins. If he doesn’t, it’ll stick to him through the remainder of his career.

not too many people found it embarrassing but whatever suits your narrative lol

and again, collins isn’t a good coach i just think the vast majority of the criticism is misplaced and people seem to hate him more than they like georgia tech football ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It was embarrassing. Find me one person who honestly didn’t find this to be an embarrassment.
The few opposing fans that even take the time to acknowledge us now routinely mock us. What is frustrating to me is we've become irrelevant in 3 short years. You'd have thought the "wrecked" graphic would have burst the bubble for some. I love our program but if we come out soft & disorganized again this season, I'm not sure how long it will take to fix the culture. We'll have nobody left from the days when we played physical football and other teams needed to prepare for our games. Remember that BPBUSP crap? We got bigger & we're not beating up anybody now.

JacketFan137

Banned
The few opposing fans that even take the time to acknowledge us now routinely mock us. What is frustrating to me is we've become irrelevant in 3 short years. You'd have thought the "wrecked" graphic would have burst the bubble for some. I love our program but if we come out soft & disorganized again this season, I'm not sure how long it will take to fix the culture. We'll have nobody left from the days when we played physical football and other teams needed to prepare for our games. Remember that BPBUSP crap? We got bigger & we're not beating up anybody now.

another thread derailed by anti collins narratives that are absolutely anecdotal and have nothing to do with the topic. great job guys we did it on the fourth page that might be a high score

Eli

Helluva Engineer

not too many people found it embarrassing but whatever suits your narrative lol

and again, collins isn’t a good coach i just think the vast majority of the criticism is misplaced and people seem to hate him more than they like georgia tech football ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if it was so cool why don’t we still do it?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
if it was so cool why don’t we still do it?
My guess is that someone pointed out to Geoff that the players were pointlessly expending energy on the sideline that they should have been conserving for the field.
Of course they go through warmups, but pumping iron? It would be about the same as having them run laps. SMH (shaking my head).

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Back to the video by Bryce, just watched it. I think it was really well done. He doesn't try to sell that this OL is going to be a complete answer this year, but gives reasons why it could finally be the solid base from which to build, that multiple players have years of eligibility to play and grow together. He mentions 'runway', which is basically asking is the current coaching staff going to be here to see it through, without making that the premise of the video. He doesn't go into any kind of detail about each player really, but does a good job of setting the table at a high level.
I do wonder if he's been listening to Kele Eveland though :unsure: the 'Jor Tech' team

JacketFan137

Banned
Back to the video by Bryce, just watched it. I think it was really well done. He doesn't try to sell that this OL is going to be a complete answer this year, but gives reasons why it could finally be the solid base from which to build, that multiple players have years of eligibility to play and grow together. He mentions 'runway', which is basically asking is the current coaching staff going to be here to see it through, without making that the premise of the video. He doesn't go into any kind of detail about each player really, but does a good job of setting the table at a high level.
I do wonder if he's been listening to Kele Eveland though :unsure: the 'Jor Tech' team
bare minimum i expect the depth to be better. i think it’s a pretty solid chance we are significantly better on the o line cause i think we had guys playing hurt last year

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
bare minimum i expect the depth to be better. i think it’s a pretty solid chance we are significantly better on the o line cause i think we had guys playing hurt last year

We will see if the new starters are ready because last years starters are gone.

We are much deeper with full size players. This will make fall camp have "actual" effort based nearly equal comptetion practice.

I hope we sneak up on Clemson and make a game of ut.
Then as the ol gets familiar w game speed I am hoping we will see full quarters of no really bad plays and some really good plays.

We should finish strong in the ol.
Would be great to stay big in the ol.

JacketFan137

Banned
We will see if the new starters are ready because last years starters are gone.

We are much deeper with full size players. This will make fall camp have "actual" effort based nearly equal comptetion practice.

I hope we sneak up on Clemson and make a game of ut.
Then as the ol gets familiar w game speed I am hoping we will see full quarters of no really bad plays and some really good plays.

We should finish strong in the ol.
Would be great to stay big in the ol.

yeah this group of guys will all be here for a while. clemson is a tough test early but thankfully until uga no team will really be comparable to their front.

i think if we can show signs of improvement against clemson then we should be ok for the rest of the year

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's obvious that he doesn't think our OL is going to be very good this year, he just didn't want to come out and say that. Instead, he tries the hope for the future angle to not look too negative. Personally, im well out of the hope for the future mindset. We are past needing to show improvement.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
It's obvious that he doesn't think our OL is going to be very good this year, he just didn't want to come out and say that. Instead, he tries the hope for the future angle to not look too negative. Personally, im well out of the hope for the future mindset. We are past needing to show improvement.
What does this mean?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
people don’t want to be happy about an improved o line that features pieces that can be a solid foundation for the future. they’d rather find the negative in the situation
Some of us are just tired of rebuilding for the future. It would be nice if the future would get here at some point. You may enjoy the building process and don't really care if it lasts forever. Not everyone else thinks the same way.

JacketFan137

Banned
Some of us are just tired of rebuilding for the future. It would be nice if the future would get here at some point. You may enjoy the building process and don't really care if it lasts forever. Not everyone else thinks the same way.
no one wants it to but that’s where we’re at whether we like it or not. we are actually going about it the right way at the moment and yet we still just see people endlessly complain. it gets really old and derails every thread into some geoff collins roast session. if people hate tech football so much just leave