Nice review of our current offensive line

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
you have no evidence that he DIDNT try to get lineman to come either you have to also get people that want to come to the school. again, criticize collins for real issues not ones you’ve created just to pile on
Who else did he offer during that time period? I don't see anyone besides Washington. If he wasn't handing out offers, that tells me he wasn't going after them. If you know of other guys he offered during that time, please feel free to share and enlighten us all.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Per our recruiting insider when someone asked about the OL

We need LOS players. Seems like every other offer is a WR. Quite a few athletes, DBs, & OLBs, also. Thought his staff was going to follow the Bama model of a certain number at each position? Not complaining just starting to have some concerns. Love the enthusiasm though.

There are no offensive or defensive line men left for 2019 if you are asking that.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Please, pray tell where did I do that ? The OL has been underwhelming to date. We’ll be better if they gel but depending on transfers is a high risk move. I’m confused.
Was it not you that said you started to listen and then saw it was Bryce and stopped right there, essentially "because he's slightly less homerish than Andy?" If so, that's where you did. If that wasn't you, I sincerely apologize.

Edit: It was not you. My sincerest apology is offered. I was too lazy to go back and verify. I'm sorry.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Was it not you that said you started to listen and then saw it was Bryce and stopped right there, essentially "because he's slightly less homerish than Andy?" If so, that's where you did. If that wasn't you, I sincerely apologize.
Nope. I listened to the whole thing. Thanks. I'd also say that not liking one person's content is not the same as crapping on our team. Maybe be a little less sensitive to people having criticism of the state of our program. I like and respect that you are optimistic, but respect that others have different approaches and opinions.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Who else did he offer during that time period? I don't see anyone besides Washington. If he wasn't handing out offers, that tells me he wasn't going after them. If you know of other guys he offered during that time, please feel free to share and enlighten us all.
I think we know a few basic facts:
a. CGC came late in recruiting cycle
b. Most good OL recruits were already committed or we’re so late we didn’t have a good chance
c. Nobody the staff recruited to their previous jobs had any interest in following them to GT, nor seemingly any in subsequent years either
d. Our new staff was not interested in the guys already committed

Based on this, why would any sane or competent person try to run the schemes were we’re attempting to run as opposed to transitioning from a run heavy offense to a hybrid offense over the course of the season(s)? Makes absolutely no sense. None.

JacketFan137

Banned
b. Most good OL recruits were already committed or we’re so late we didn’t have a good chance
c. Nobody the staff recruited to their previous jobs had any interest in following them to GT, nor seemingly any in subsequent years either

Based on this, why would any sane or competent person try to run the schemes were we’re attempting to run as opposed to transitioning from a run heavy offense to a hybrid offense over the course of the season(s)? Makes absolutely no sense. None.
i do agree with this that the transition could have and should have been more gradual but i do want to know if they felt like they had to prove that they were no longer an option team.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

We passed the ball 3% in 2019 vs. 3 yr previous avg

GT33

Helluva Engineer

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The data in the 3 year average would have been misleading to anyone not following our team. We passed the ball 45% in 2019 vs 15% in 2018 per your site. You meant 3x not 3%, right?
2021 - 45.8%
2020 - 42.86%
2019 - 40.26%
2018 - 15.21%
2017 - 18.23%
2016 - 23.03%

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The data in the 3 year average would have been misleading to anyone not following our team. We passed the ball 45% in 2019 vs 15% in 2018 per your site. You meant 3x not 3%, right?

Where are you seeing 45% for 2019?

Run pass ratio in 2019- 60:40
58:42 in 2020
55:45 2021

JacketFan137

Banned
Only weak people worry about their predecessors like that. That was a very troublesome aspect of the transition.
i really have no idea what point you’re trying to make here. what i was saying was if we came out and ran a similar spread option attack while trying to recruit for a more modern offense then it might have been a little bit more difficult to sell to recruits. i think at least showing we were trying to run a modern spread might have been necessary to show we were moving on

also your attempt to use that as a shot at collins is pretty ridiculous lol the offense was changing. literally any coach would have had to be concerned with the offense that was running previously

GT33

Helluva Engineer
i really have no idea what point you’re trying to make here. what i was saying was if we came out and ran a similar spread option attack while trying to recruit for a more modern offense then it might have been a little bit more difficult to sell to recruits. i think at least showing we were trying to run a modern spread might have been necessary to show we were moving on

also your attempt to use that as a shot at collins is pretty ridiculous lol the offense was changing. literally any coach would have had to be concerned with the offense that was running previously
This is nothing that has not been posted before but here you go-

It was a shot at Collins. He came off like an impudent child. He could have taken a businesslike approach and let the results speak for themselves. He should have thanked his predecessor for his hard work and dedication to the Institute. Instead he came out firing, reeking with false bravado without a track record to back up any of it. We’re gonna play big time football, get real NFL type players in here, recruit head up with the big boys, etc. Folks from my era call that writing checks with your mouth your butt can’t pay. It put people off then, it’s making him an easy target of ridicule now. So much so we were royally ***** slapped on national tv unlike I’ve ever seen happen to a program before. Unfortunately it’s the reality he now faces. Our program deserved better.

Outside of the idiotic antics, he tried to do things no competent coach would have attempted. The results were atrocious. Instead of adopting a modified strategy on the fly once he saw firsthand the errors of his ways, he instead doubled/tripled down and tried to force an offensive strategy upon the team they were neither manned for nor coached effectively to execute.

I didn’t do it, he did. Everybody knows it and instead of taking responsibility he’s now gone into internet hibernation. Not a good look but I’m not surprised. We got some hope Long, Weinke, etc may save us from even longer run of despair by making us successful from the bottom up. It sure as hell ain’t coming from the top down.

JacketFan137

Banned
This is nothing that has not been posted before but here you go-

It was a shot at Collins. He came off like an impudent child. He could have taken a businesslike approach and let the results speak for themselves. He should have thanked his predecessor for his hard work and dedication to the Institute. Instead he came out firing, reeking with false bravado without a track record to back up any of it. We’re gonna play big time football, get real NFL type players in here, recruit head up with the big boys, etc. Folks from my era call that writing checks with your mouth your butt can’t pay. It put people off then, it’s making him an easy target of ridicule now. So much so we were royally ***** slapped on national tv unlike I’ve ever seen happen to a program before. Unfortunately it’s the reality he now faces. Our program deserved better.

Outside of the idiotic antics, he tried to do things no competent coach would have attempted. The results were atrocious. Instead of adopting a modified strategy on the fly once he saw firsthand the errors of his ways, he instead doubled/tripled down and tried to force an offensive strategy upon the team they were neither manned for nor coached effectively to execute.

I didn’t do it, he did. Everybody knows it and instead of taking responsibility he’s now gone into internet hibernation. Not a good look but I’m not surprised. We got some hope Long, Weinke, etc may save us from even longer run of despair by making us successful from the bottom up. It sure as hell ain’t coming from the top down.
again, nothing you said had anything with what i was saying and the vast majority of the stuff you’ve mentioned sounds far more like personal gripes.

he isnt a good coach, we know this but he did what literally any coach would have said/done. it’s pretty clear though you are not over johnson’s departure so i would recommend just leaving the program alone because it’s not happening