NFL Draft

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Make sure you read the comments to that article. Watching the armchair coaches dissect highlights of someone you are vastly more familair with is a good time. Also gives you a glimpse of what we look like in our discussions.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of Days, Wreck Em over at ST made this poster. I thought I'd share. Sorry if repost.

Kgjx4npl.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Zach Laskey makes ESPN's top 10 impact undrafted free agents:

http://www.espn.co.uk/american-foot...34835/top-10-impact-undrafted-free-agents-nfl

10. Rams: Zach Laskey, FB, Georgia Tech

First-year offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti wants to implement a run-first philosophy to set up the play-action game with QB Nick Foles, and Laskey is currently the only fullback on the roster. He didn't have great production in the passing game playing within Georgia Tech's triple-option scheme, but he flashes adequate ball skills to contribute in this area. Laskey has a chance to play a role for the Rams on offense next season while also providing help on special teams.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
So I think this should calm everyone who says CPJ can't bring talent in.

The scary thing is we lost all this talent and are arguably better at a few positions. In fact, with the OL reloading, the DL becoming a force, and QB locked in, the three most important units in NCAA D 1 ball are stout.

I'm a little concerned about receivers but that's it for me.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

The scary thing is we lost all this talent and are arguably better at a few positions. In fact, with the OL reloading, the DL becoming a force, and QB locked in, the three most important units in NCAA D 1 ball are stout.

I'm a little concerned about receivers but that's it for me.
Philpott and Juene are gonna be a great tandem

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It won't. Nor will it calm those who swear his offense won't work "at this level", as though offensive talent "at this level" is never enough to match defensive talent for some reason, nor those who just don't like the option and don't care how successful Tech is with it -- the worse the better in their view, if one must burn down the village to save it, then get on with it -- nor those who though never having met the man decided long ago they don't and won't like him, preferring instead the sociable, cocktail hour and obtuse coach speak on every given Saturday, so take that, nor those who don't like the uniforms. These people get up every morning with a shoulder looking for a chip to mount on it. But to the subject, good for Laskey in the sense of recognition. I hope it works out for this former 2-star who couldn't play at this level. On second thought maybe today I'm the one with the chip on his shoulder.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Waller update from mini camp
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...30-0581d545aea5?mobile-id=924477&media-type=N

"Sixth-round wide receiver Darren Waller towers over his teammates. The 6-foot-6, 240-pound target has the size to be an ideal red-zone threat, and he’s one of the team’s most intriguing prospects. Wide Receivers Coach Bobby Engram spent a good portion of practice working with Waller on some specifics of his route running and technique."
If he can make the squad, or maybe even the practice squad, it will be interesting to see his upper body after a couple or three months in the weight room in Baltimore.