1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Starts tomorrow night.

Hope we see a few Jackets called sometime this week.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  2. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

We should have a few:

It sucks that Smelter got hurt, it would have been awesome to have two WRs drafter out of our offense. It might still happen!

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/28/2134/

3. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

FTRS also put up scouting reports for some of the draft-eligible guys. Pretty good reads

4. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

I still think Smelter gets drafted.

5. gtzulu

gtzulu Jolly Good Fellow

Can't wait to have Shaq drafted so we can cancel the "Paul Johnson can't put OL in the NFL" myth. (Yes, Cord Howard, but he was a Gailey recruit.)

6. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

Cord wasn't drafted fwiw. Gardner was the last OL drafted

gtzulu likes this.
  7. Jean-Baptiste Rochambeau

Jean-Baptiste Rochambeau Banned

Damian Swann = thug

8. FightWinDrink

FightWinDrink Helluva Engineer

Seems to be little consensus on Smelter now. I've seen mocks putting him all over the place from 4th round to UDFA. 4th Round is a little ambitious with his injury but I still believe he'll get drafted.

9. GTRX7

GTRX7 Helluva Engineer

I understand what the draft guys are saying, and where they will probably go in the draft, but does any Tech fan believe that Waller will have a better NFL career than Smelter? I mean, I think it is possible, but if I am a betting man, I bet on Smelter having the better career all day long.

10. GTBandit22

GTBandit22 Helluva Engineer

It depends. I think Smelter is a better WR, but in the right place, Waller could be deadly. I said before last season, he would be perfect with Brady in NE. He is a matchup nightmare, a la Antonio Gates. You could move him around to match up with linebackers and safeties. The NFL is all about exploiting matchups because the talent differential isnt that great.
    Smelter will be a steal for someone though. He could be a great second receiver in a year when he's healed. I hope the Falcons get him late.

RamblinCharger and augustabuzz like this.
  11. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I think Smelter could get drafted late. The issue could be one of whether all the interested teams truly think he would be available to woo successfully as a undrafted free agent or whether one of the teams less certain of that will go ahead and draft him. Teams try and hide their intentions to such an extent and then make decisions based on their guesses as to what everyone else is going to do as well. So I could see a team either "panicking" or simply deciding that they cannot afford to let Smelter slip to being an UDFA.

12. GTJoeBrew

GTJoeBrew Helluva Engineer

I can see multiple scenarios that make Waller a better NFL WR than Smelter. Will it happen? I have no idea. Either way, someone is going to get a steal in Smelter. Like CPJ said all along, he will play on Sundays. I still think that both get drafted. I wonder if Shaq will go in the draft though.

13. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Smelter was a much better WR in our offense than Waller. I hope both get drafted and play so we can see who is better in the NFL.

Whiskey_Clear and Bruce Wayne like this.
  14. thwgjacket

thwgjacket Guest

Everything I've seen says Shaq will go somewhere between 4-6.

15. GTJoeBrew

That would be awesome. Am I right to say that will be CPJ's first OL drafter if that happens?

16. gtzulu

gtzulu Jolly Good Fellow

17. GTJoeBrew

18. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

Technically, yes bc he is a CPJ recruit. Shaq being drafted would be more beneficial to us than having either one of WRs drafted

Whiskey_Clear and DrJacket like this.
  19. AlabamaBuzz

AlabamaBuzz Helluva Engineer

I could see the Patriots giving Smelt a chance with a late round pick. If Coach B sees the videos of DS coming back for the ball and bailing us out on 3rd down so many times, he will appreciate that in a wide receiver.

ChasonBaller likes this.
  20. DrJacket

DrJacket Helluva Engineer

So true.