NFL Draft

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Gotsis and DJ white are the obvious ones.

Gotsis's position on the next level is probably at SDE, but he has flexibility to play DT which gives him extra value.

DJ White needs to be a bit more consistent as he does let WRs get open...but he also has big play ability and is willing to come down into the box to make a tackle

Jamal Golden has a chance, but he also needs to show more consistency and better positioning. Really liked the improvement he made last year. Read the game a lot better from the safety position.

No obvious candidates on offense that I can think of.

I think Trey Braun will have a good shot. If Snoddy comes back just as fast and strong, he could as well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In order: I say Jabari, Golden, DJ, Gotsis, and Harrell(breakout player of the year)

Forgot about Jabari. If he consistently shows the ability to get into the backfield, and make plays behind the LOS like he did during the spring, he's definitely going to get drafted even if he's only played DT for a year. Has a great first step of the snap, and his ability to get by blocks was pretty impressive for a guy who just started playing that position.

If he gets invited to the combine, he's going to test off the charts for a DL. Great size at 6'3 290-300lbs, but moves like a LB. Athletic DLs that can get to the QB are a premium at any level.

Gonna be fun to watch him wreak havoc next season along with Gotsis.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Beautiful moment in the Bill Belichick presser as he talks about Shaq. Follows up his "Best run blocker in the entire draft..." comment with "...unless-- you know-- there's another Georgia Tech guy there. Or somebody from Georgia Southern. Those guys run block more in one game than most other guys do in an entire season."

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Beautiful moment in the Bill Belichick presser as he talks about Shaq. Follows up his "Best run blocker in the entire draft..." comment with "...unless-- you know-- there's another Georgia Tech guy there. Or somebody from Georgia Southern. Those guys run block more in one game than most other guys do in an entire season."
And running the football becomes cool ...

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
If he makes it back, possibly Jabari will be an draftee as well.
Always the possibility that Snoddy could go blow up next year. Harrell could be a long shot if he has a big year.
Maybe an OL guy as a free agent or late rounder? Braun, Joe or Chamberlain? Possibly one.
But yeah, not a big senior class really next year.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
If he makes it back, possibly Jabari will be an draftee as well.
Always the possibility that Snoddy could go blow up next year. Harrell could be a long shot if he has a big year.
Maybe an OL guy as a free agent or late rounder? Braun, Joe or Chamberlain? Possibly one.
But yeah, not a big senior class really next year.
If those are my options on the OL, I'd say Chamberlain if he continues to improve like he did this past season

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just for fun. Draft picks from our 2014 schedule:

Wofford - 0

Tulane - 2 (DB Lorenzo Doss, #164 - DB Taureen Nixon, #251)

Georgia Southern - 0

Virginia Tech - 2 (OL Laurence Gibson #243 - DB Kyshoen Jarrett,#181)

Miami - 7 (DE Chickello, #212 - WR Dorsett, #29 - OL Feliciano, #128 - OL Flowers, #9 - RB Johnson, #77 - LB Perryman, #48 - TE Walford, #68)

Duke - 2 (WR Crowder, #105 - OL Tomlinson, #28)

North Carolina - 0

Pittsburgh - 1 (OL Clemmings, #110)

Virginia - 2 (LB Harold #79 - LB Valles, #179)

NC State - 0

Clemson - 5 (LB Anthony, #31 - DE Beasley, #8 - DT Jarrett, #137 - P Pinion, #165 - LB Steward, #188)

Georgia - 5 (WR Conley, #76 - RB Gurley, #10 - LB Herrera, #207 - CB Swann, #167 - LB Wilson, #118)

Florida State - 11 (DB Darby, #50 - DT Edwards, #35 - OL Erving, #19 - DT Goldman, #39 - WR Greene, #139 - OL Hart, #226 - OL Jackson, #111 - TE O'Leary, #194 - RB Williams, #155 - DB Williams, #78 - QB Winston, #1)

Mississippi State - 5 (TE Johnson, #195 - LB McKinney, #43 - RB Robinson, #205 - DE Smith, #38 - LB Wells, #178)

Pretty good collection of talent we played against...and won against the teams with all those draft picks except for FSU.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Geezus is Miami had any type of adequate coaching..
Ridiculous they couldn't do anything with all that talent.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Didn't realize FSU lost 3 OL...they may struggle more than I expected next year...especially when you throw in the losses of JW and O'leary.

Clemson lost a ton on D...FSU lost two tons on O. The Atlantic may be the weaker division next year.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Southern did have one UFA, LB Edwin Jackson, the guy who blitzed on the GW TD pass to Deon Hill.

Kinda surprised no one from NC State got drafted.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
UNC surprises me. They usually have 3-5 players get drafted every year.

Well, I don't think any of their defensive guys were gonna get picked. Don't know how many seniors they had on offense. I'm sure we'll hear how many returners on O they have over and over as they get picked to finish atop the Coastal again. But I digress.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, I don't think any of their defensive guys were gonna get picked. Don't know how many seniors they had on offense. I'm sure we'll hear how many returners on O they have over and over as they get picked to finish atop the Coastal again. But I digress.
You haven't heard? They now have a great defensive coordinator. To go along with the Greatest Offense In the World. (Which is new and innovative and creative and fresh and previously unheard of.) Or the ACC. Or in Chapel Hill. Or... Which is to say yeah, you're right. The drumbeat is just beyond the horizon, I believe.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
They sure missed an opportunity to talk about how well he uses those hands and how well he runs routs and how well he fights for a contested ball. Way short of a good report!
Well, maybe it is true that no ink is better than bad ink, but it really is kind of a lazy driveby. Compares him to, of all receivers, Stephen Hill, fine as far as it goes, but if he wants to talk about adjustment periods -- doesn't everybody have one, in any job? -- try Thomas or Johnson. Reads like he has no idea they went to GT.