Next DC

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It (smaller-faster) worked well vs. UT last year, we may see different packages for different situations, and offenses. Vs a spread option attack with wide OL gaps there's a better chance to beat the OL with speed and not get locked up with them. Vs. uga or miami or short yardage we might see a bigger DL in there. I think Branch will do really well as a DE.
I get it worked against UT last year but it also didn’t work against other power 5 teams they have played. My thing is size and speed is better than just speed. And I think we have size and speed for DE.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
True, I wasn’t think about that. How great would it be to open the new year with Woody and Kelly though.

There is this thread today
and this is where i saw the tweet yesterday:

Clarifying, he is slated to become the Special Teams coach under Jeremy Pruitt. I was kinda looking forward to Kelly coming back here but this is really a silver lining in all honesty. CCK keeps some dang good coaching company these days and learning from the guys he has will be a benefit to him in the future. Maybe one day he will don the white & gold again!

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't worry. I know someone who is third cousins to someone not at all related to Woody who once lived three states removed from NC who has a sister in LA that said she is not at all sure what state GT is located in but thought we had a great chance of finding someone that would take the job for 750 +.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Don't worry. I know someone who is third cousins to someone not at all related to Woody who once lived three states removed from NC who has a sister in LA that said she is not at all sure what state GT is located in but thought we had a great chance of finding someone that would take the job for 750 +.
I told them I would do it for just $500K, why haven't I been invited to interview? Could save GTAA alot of money. [emoji4]

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Clarifying, he is slated to become the Special Teams coach under Jeremy Pruitt. I was kinda looking forward to Kelly coming back here but this is really a silver lining in all honesty. CCK keeps some dang good coaching company these days and learning from the guys he has will be a benefit to him in the future. Maybe one day he will don the white & gold again!
Well said!
Also TD showed the same decisiveness of the field as on the field. I would imagine that this decesion occurred before signing day and yet loyal to gt.
I loved guys in business that were fiercely loyal till they left my company. Then they were intensely loyal to the new company.
Classy.

Wish td and his dad well.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow

I told them I would do it for just $500K, why haven't I been invited to interview? Could save GTAA alot of money. [emoji4]

Guys come on, you are not comedians and you do not have much knowledge on what is happening. Why not try POSITIVELY supporting the program instead of trying to chip away and make us feel lower than we do as a result of this season? Not good fansmanship if you ask me.
Kelly Quinlan has a waaaaaayyyyy better pulse than we do about things and the fact that he gave us this info we should be dang thankful and consider it a late Christmas gift.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Normally I'd agree with this. I think the holidays are the reason for the delay. If we don't get an official announcement Tuesday, then I will start to worry.

He hasn't been mentioned with anyone else so that should make everyone feel better. I usually worry if a target is mentioned with multiple other suitors.

School is not open yet and that’s one of the things holding it up from my understanding. Once things open up I would imagine to hear something. I think Monday will be the announcement day. Hopefully we end up getting kelly as well since he said he has a job lined up and will announce in the next few days.
Monday's a holiday. We won't hear anything before Tuesday probably.