New Uniforms Revealed

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Glad you asked. Lose the navy shoulder stripes and lose the navy and gold sleeve stripes. More clean, less noise.

I somewhat believe if the stripes were not on the pants, the shoulder and sleeve stripes would look better and more distinctive. JMO.

Don’t like the stinger stripe on the white hat. Nothing new. Lots of teams have been doing this since Denver Broncos started that trend.

Yeah, my age factors into this I am sure, but I just think we could have hit a home run (not that what we got isn’t) with a more traditional look while emphasizing the new material technology, using some unique collar design (inside & out) and things like that.

I keep visualizing Texas, bama, osu, psu, usc, auburn and the unis of those type teams. Heck, even puke u has improved since going back to a more traditional look.

Oh, well. Doesn’t matter, but fun to talk about.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Glad you asked. Lose the navy shoulder stripes and lose the navy and gold sleeve stripes. More clean, less noise.

You old fuddy duddy. Grumpy because you lost your cane again? :p

I actually agree. If I was king of the world the only stripe would be a traditional gold one, with thin navy border, on the white helmet and probably a traditional stripe down the leg of the white pants. But then, I’m a old fuddy duddy too.

I think it’s a good mix of elements to keep most happy. If we had our way many would poo poo and complain “too boring.” And I think the stripes and such are probably a hit with players.

FWIW based on TStans quote I think we will continue to see similar going forward. I’m certain we don’t want to become the Oregon of the south but we will continue to see tweaks and twists if I guess right.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
You old fuddy duddy. Grumpy because you lost your cane again? :p

I actually agree. If I was king of the world the only stripe would be a traditional gold one, with thin navy border, on the white helmet and probably a traditional stripe down the leg of the white pants. But then, I’m a old fuddy duddy too.

I think it’s a good mix of elements to keep most happy. If we had our way many would poo poo and complain “too boring.” And I think the stripes and such are probably a hit with players.

FWIW based on TStans quote I think we will continue to see similar going forward. I’m certain we don’t want to become the Oregon of the south but we will continue to see tweaks and twists if I guess right.
I like the tweaks and twists while maintaining an overall classic look. I'm as excited about the upgrade in materials as much as anything else.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
God that's ugly.

I can only imagine how you feel about these.
BA239643-4CC7-4219-A2AB-F8C31A91DC80.jpeg

And these were $70

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Video production quality has seemly been shot straight to the moon since the Adidas deal too, new partnership having effects on everything
I would assume that it has more to do with the new ACC network coming soon. I remember them saying they were spending $ to get ready for the network

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I like the tweaks and twists while maintaining an overall classic look. I'm as excited about the upgrade in materials as much as anything else.

Agree about materials upgrade.

We have been tweaking & twisting for quite a while. I hated when GO’L kept changing our fonts every year. And, since CPJ got here, we have had tweaks almost every year except for, what, last 2 years when I think we had a pretty classy looking uni for the most part .

I guess we no longer have the popularity & strength to go with a traditional uni, but I fear we are headed to an era of drastic uni changes every year or two with, despite the stated goals, no real Branding to stand on.

Time will tell.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think it would be cool if adidias adds a pair of blue pants, gold jersey, blue jersey and flat blue helmet and let the players pick the combos they want for each game.

For an alternate jersey it would be cool if it had the design of a yellow jacket wing on the shoulders. It might look lame though, I would just need to see it. Kinda like what Oregon has but make the wings be the only thing that stands out, rest of the uniform just clean and simple. Maybe white with gold wings, blue with white wings, or gold with blue or white wings. I think the wings would need a shine to them. I’d also make the wing cover the entire shoulder.

1F7F1775-137D-41A5-8DEE-384A3680DD61.jpeg

7F86FF8A-FDAC-4991-90CA-01500BA9AD5B.jpeg

Maybe someone on here could make a mock up of this?