New Uniforms Revealed

Milwaukee

Banned
I think it would be cool if adidias adds a pair of blue pants, gold jersey, blue jersey and flat blue helmet and let the players pick the combos they want for each game.

For an alternate jersey it would be cool if it had the design of a yellow jacket wing on the shoulders. It might look lame though, I would just need to see it. Kinda like what Oregon has but make the wings be the only thing that stands out, rest of the uniform just clean and simple. Maybe white with gold wings, blue with white wings, or gold with blue or white wings. I think the wings would need a shine to them. I’d also make the wing cover the entire shoulder.

View attachment 3863

View attachment 3862

Maybe someone on here could make a mock up of this?

Stop.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Agree about materials upgrade.

We have been tweaking & twisting for quite a while. I hated when GO’L kept changing our fonts every year. And, since CPJ got here, we have had tweaks almost every year except for, what, last 2 years when I think we had a pretty classy looking uni for the most part .

I guess we no longer have the popularity & strength to go with a traditional uni, but I fear we are headed to an era of drastic uni changes every year or two with, despite the stated goals, no real Branding to stand on.

Time will tell.

Having grown up on Bama and later, an observer at Tennessee ... the value of a simple, classic branding, can’t be overstated. No one at Bama spends any time on annual changes to the uniform. It is.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
I really don't mind subtle annual changes, as long as the basic classic template is still in place. Having said that, I believe the dude from adidas was quoted in the AJC saying that these would be our jerseys for 3 years-- apart from any alternate jerseys introduced(which may or may not happen this season he said).

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I really don't mind subtle annual changes, as long as the basic classic template is still in place. Having said that, I believe the dude from adidas was quoted in the AJC saying that these would be our jerseys for 3 years-- apart from any alternate jerseys introduced(which may or may not happen this season he said).
I saw that there is another jersey, it just wasn’t shown. I don’t see how there wouldn’t be, if a visiting team wants white we have to wear something else.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
every team isnt able to do what Bama does though. Others have to create hype to help win by getting recruits. Bama doesn’t need to add any extra stuff to get recruits, they’re just Bama lol.

I’ve been in branding 30+ years. Consistently beats hype long term.

Don’t get me wrong. Love the direction. Just focus on the basics. Not the glam.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
808F2107-BD3E-4C19-9D63-7D24A093E485.jpeg
5A17DBAB-47EC-4E8D-8785-A1AD825DD1C6.jpeg
B41EB5C6-DB20-4B4F-A5C6-13254F42F5F5.jpeg
440B1F36-5DF5-40E4-A4D4-B985834E5479.jpeg

I think the gold jersey is a must this season, but I’d like to see an alternative navy as well. Both are very in line with tradition. GT has had some great outcomes in navy I might add.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
every team isnt able to do what Bama does though. Others have to create hype to help win by getting recruits. Bama doesn’t need to add any extra stuff to get recruits, they’re just Bama lol.

I read the other day that the 10 years before they hired Saban that bama lost 46 games. Almost 5 per year for 10 years!

So there is branding - and then there is Branding that doesn't involve changing tradition.

I know we had to change to Adidas. That is great.

I just wish we had approached our new Branding push more from a new Technology standpoint (If that makes sense) than from a new uni design standpoint.

Be it G/W/G, G/B/W, G/G/W, or whatever i wouldn't care.

Regardless of records, 20 years from now I bet texas, bama, auburn, osu, psu, usc and others will be rocking along with the same uni for a vast majority of their games.

Anyone think our uni will stand the test of time?

Going to Grant Field on Saturday's is more than to watch a game. It is to reconnect, remember, and see friends from long ago. Like going home for Thanksgiving.

Sometimes you want to see & feel things as they were. And walking in the front door and seeing Dad in a leisure suit and Mom in Hot Pants don't cut it.