New rules at stadium

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm on the fence of renewing. I can typically much attend every single game for a total cost of < $100 and have better seats thanks to StubHub. The season ticket holder benefits just aren't good enough to warrant spending the extra couple hundred $$$ for ****tier seats.

Plus, it's just an exhausting day. You get to the parking lot at 8, tailgate for a few hours, get into the stadium in the insane heat, watch the game for 3-3.5 hours, and then you're home by 4 and the rest of your day is taking naps.

I would rather watch from home on Saturday and then have my live sports on Sunday at Mercedes Benz for an Atlanta United game. Better atmosphere, food/beer, etc

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So they'd rather have people waiting in line to buy water and food instead of in their seats cheering the team on? Nice..... Since they started this policy I haven't moved from my seat except for a quick restroom break, guess that's going to change as I have to hike to the other side of the stadium to get something other than a nasty hot dog.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I'm on the fence of renewing. I can typically much attend every single game for a total cost of < $100 and have better seats thanks to StubHub. The season ticket holder benefits just aren't good enough to warrant spending the extra couple hundred $$$ for ****tier seats.

Exactly. I’m leaning toward not renewing. In addition to the things mentioned above, there is an additional $150 for parking if you go to every home game. For some games you could buy two game tickets on Stubhub for less than the cost of parking. Not to mention that it can be a PITA to get to and leave campus. MARTA is not the best option for those of us living northwest of the perimeter. Other than just wanting to give to the program and filling a couple of otherwise empty seats, I can’t think of a good reason to renew. The scrimmage game was nice and getting into Fan Day a few minutes before non-season ticket holders was okay, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I have season tickets because I liked the benefits of being a season ticket holder, and it seemed like a value for the 6-7 games previously over buying games separately, especially the bigger games (Clemson, UGA, FSU, etc.). What are the benefits now? Last year we did get to go to one scrimmage (before fan day) and got early entry to fan day. Assuming this remains the same, I can't see any additional advantages other than having the same seat every game. Anyone else?

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
This makes no difference to me. The only concern I have is that Tech has run out of water on several occasions, but the refill stations should help.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
  • a special commemorative adidas t-shirt for season-ticket holders;
  • a souvenir water bottle for season-ticket holders;
I have two season tickets. Does that mean that I will get two t-shirts and two water bottles? I think from past history, we all know the answer to that question --- NO. Also, are they going to inquire about the shirt size we need? Probably not.
I as well have 2...in your OTHER spare time @Supersizethatorder-mutt, email T Stan and find out lol.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
So they'd rather have people waiting in line to buy water and food instead of in their seats cheering the team on? Nice..... Since they started this policy I haven't moved from my seat except for a quick restroom break, guess that's going to change as I have to hike to the other side of the stadium to get something other than a nasty hot dog.
Have you ever sat in club level?
That's all they do.
No one watches the game outside It seems

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It's funny how we complain that we Tech doesn't have resources and can't compete because people don't donate, but then whine when something like this happens, or talk about how the game day experience isn't any good.

Look, asking for extra benefits for buying season tickets is a little silly guys...bigger programs don't do anything like that at all. In fact, at most of them you're lucky if you can even get season tickets, let alone get some perk for being a ticket holder.

I go to the games because I love watching Tech play, and there's very little that will stop me from going (funerals, usually...weddings, most likely not). But the only reason I have season tickets is to support the program. It's ALWAYS been cheaper to buy tickets day of...significantly cheaper, in fact...you can get tickets at the box office or from a scalper for $20 or less for just about every game every year. Maybe when we play Clemson or Georgia they are higher...maybe, but I did it for my wife for years because we always had empty seats around my season ticket seat.

GT7378

Georgia Tech Fan
They aren't giving me anything bc I'm not renewing. I just don't see the point anymore. I can buy the same tickets for $5-10 on stubhub, don't get locked into going to a game and then have to scramble to sell/give away the tickets if something comes up. The experience and novelty at BD has gone downhill a lot the past few years. Awful noon KO's every ****ing game resulting in no tailgate time, lines to get into the stadium are longer than ever, the mobile ticket scanning software is garbage, concessions are ****, and the product on the field is mediocre at best. Now they want to pile on more rules and regulations that will cost me additional money. No thanks.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Not allowing people to bring water in should be illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the problem with providing water filling stations. This is way better than a few years ago where I was told I had to pay for water from the concession stand because they were out of water cups...I almost pulled the guy over the counter.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This is exactly the kind of tone deaf bull**** that will end up doing more harm. They gave season ticket holders a nice perk with the bag to bring food in, and under the guise of improving the fan experience, are now taking that away. Now I’ll get to buy a $5 bottle of water and a crappy hot dog. Lucky me!

The increase of and service to premium seating is another screw up. Perhaps those are the higher margin seats, but if no one wants them, what’s the point?

Attendance is already embarrassing. That they’re sitting on their hands and not doing every damn thing they can to get students out will only hasten the decline, which will continue to affect recruiting, which affect on-field results, which will affect attendance, etc. Realistically, you can only get away with stepping on a rake this many times if the team is consistently excellent. That’s not the case here, though.

Every ticket holder getting a new adidas gold tshirt.

Man whoever had that idea on this board was on to something....

But still only one water bottle per ACCOUNT. So someone who buys 5 season tickets has to share his bottle with 4 others or pay EXTRA money to get extra bottles? Boy, that's really fan friendly.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
But still only one water bottle per ACCOUNT. So someone who buys 5 season tickets has to share his bottle with 4 others or pay EXTRA money to get extra bottles? Boy, that's really fan friendly.
If you have the disposable income for season tickets then I bet there's a 99.99% chance you already own a few extra waterbottles.

You should be happy. Gold shirts means they are trying to cut down on the blue in the stands.

If you have the disposable income for season tickets then I bet there's a 99.99% chance you already own a few extra waterbottles.

You should be happy. Gold shirts means they are trying to cut down on the blue in the stands.
Yes, I can afford to have more than one bottle, but WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO ??? If I purchase 1 season ticket or 100 season tickets, every ticket purchased should merit a bottle.